Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the great migration

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 IrishLDS

*Hugz 4 u*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

^yeah, like that's the kinda **** that boards is about...

I'd like to see ye start a hugs thread here!

How about a Hugz 4 Rivers thread???

...which also brings up another thing, I MISS DRIVEL

IrishLDS wrote:
    ...which also brings up another thing, I MISS DRIVEL
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Nearest thing to drivel...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Mr Rivers wrote:
    not even close ;P

True, there's no spamming on boards, too big for spam, a spam thread would grow like... cancer(?) or such!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

bluewolf wrote:
    Great start there trekky=P

Thanks. I do try. ;)

I'd like to see ye start a hugs thread here!

One positive thing about boards.... they've never heard of marco polo threads... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I think this blue is really cold - I don't use subsilver at home on Mikado.
    And because it's not all seperated into different forums, it's a bit crap. Cos you can be on Mikado but stay away from a lot of users because you don't even go into the same forums as they do, and here it's all just the one. And the lack of direction that you would have in forum description means noone's posting any interesting threads. Well I'm sure it's only for a few weeks anyway, so I don't really care.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Fly over to Hoffsegen Fridgey. Cant remember exact address but its a damn cool (laid back) site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

TCN is even more drivellous than drivel.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=483

For example: the prime sticky thread: "Post in this thread to get permanently banned. (EXTREME STUPIDITY FILTER)"

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Marco Polo

One positive thing about boards.... they've never heard of marco polo threads...
    Screw you.

FuzzyLogic wrote:

For example: the prime sticky thread: "Post in this thread to get permanently banned. (EXTREME STUPIDITY FILTER)"

etc.
    Holy... crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Iofur

Stop ruining every god damn habitat! ITs exam time and I have nothing NOTHING to do except study! I hope the people who are involved (you know you are) are burning in some sort of other dimension like hell but not quite hell! BURNING, I say! :mad: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: ;) me happy now! :D

dory wrote:
    Fly over to Hoffsegen Fridgey. Cant remember exact address but its a damn cool (laid back) site.
    http://hoffsegen.com/forum/

That's the place you're lookin for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 roflotz

Fridge wrote:
    Well I'm sure it's only for a few weeks anyway, so I don't really care.

rofl

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

roflotz wrote:
    rofl
    otz

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Fridge wrote:
    I think this blue is really cold - I don't use subsilver at home on Mikado.

click on CP up the top there (on the right hand side) , click on Edit OPTIONS , down the bottom of the page is a miscellaneous section. there is a drop down box there with the title "edit forum skins". Lots and lots of skins in there (well, about 20). should be one you prefer to the default subsilver.
    Fridge wrote:
    And because it's not all seperated into different forums, it's a bit crap. Cos you can be on Mikado but stay away from a lot of users because you don't even go into the same forums as they do, and here it's all just the one. And the lack of direction that you would have in forum description means noone's posting any interesting threads. Well I'm sure it's only for a few weeks anyway, so I don't really care.

Subsections can be created if required though so far the only sub section I can think of is "why!!!!!???? Oh Gods Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" :)

Wait til things settle down a bit. Some muppet clubbing and general fascist moderating will mean that no-one will have to be avoided and happiness will reign supreme if I have to crush every last one of your hopes and dreams to achieve it :p. Seriously though, this may be a temporary arrangment or it may be a long term thing. there's more on boards than just this forum, go explore. In the meantime, if everyone plays nice in the sand box (and no one tries to bury a few choice turds for the rest to find) your stay, however long it is, will be all that much more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

trekkypj wrote:
    No offence to boards.ie regulars intended... just that there isn't the same familiarity that there was on Mikado. Maybe that'll change in time.
    None taken, but look and you will find. There are forums that have their own meetings, games, match nights, etc.
    Fridge wrote:
    And the lack of direction that you would have in forum description means noone's posting any interesting threads.
    What are you intrested in? I'm sure there's a forum here that'll cater to it.
    FuzzyLogic wrote:

etc.
    Aye, and you'd be amazed on how many post in it, so they don't "accidently" go into it when they're meant to be working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

LoLth wrote:
    In the meantime, if everyone plays nice in the sand box (and no one tries to bury a few choice turds for the rest to find) your stay, however long it is, will be all that much more enjoyable.

Nice metaphor, there. I'm lovin' it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

LoLth wrote:
    click on CP up the top there (on the right hand side) , click on Edit OPTIONS , down the bottom of the page is a miscellaneous section. there is a drop down box there with the title "edit forum skins". Lots and lots of skins in there (well, about 20). should be one you prefer to the default subsilver.
    Yeah I've done that but it keeps changing back to blue.
    there's more on boards than just this forum, go explore.
    Yeah, I always think it's a good place to go if you want to talk about a specific thing, or are looking for answers on something. But it's so big you don't really get to know users, and let's face it Mikado isn't about getting information. It's just dossin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

trekkypj wrote:
    I was also here pre-closure.

Just not very active. Boards just doesn't have the same atmosphere... it's like going to UCD or UL and looking at their huge campuses as a NUIM student... it makes you feel very small, and insignificant, and you can't imagine being part of such a huge community.

No offence to boards.ie regulars intended... just that there isn't the same familiarity that there was on Mikado. Maybe that'll change in time.

Ye I don't really like the whole impersonal aspect to it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Ye I don't really like the whole impersonal aspect to it

Silence user 100569234110!!

LoLth wrote:
    clubhouse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Nice one.

Now I don't have to go back and delete all those "questionable" comments I made.

Apparently I'd joined before!

And what the hell is that picture under my name?

I didn't pick that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

LoLth wrote:
    My apologies

Marco Polo wrote:
    Screw you.

no offence intended... marco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hopeless

Marco Polo wrote:
    One positive thing about boards.... they've never heard of marco polo threads...

Screw you.

Nothing personal ofcourse..
    (marco)
    :D

I have been thinking and have come to the conclusion that the only thing I truly miss about mikado is the toilet smiley.

• Advertisement

We could ask the tech people nicely...

Advertisement