Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murders in Sligo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

I am agreeing with Muffler here,

Keep the off threads topics, keep to the point in question and everything will be ok. Off thread topics will get the thread shut and the offenders are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Reading through all the posts in this thread. The original post was for thoughts on the murders in Sligo. This seems to have been interpreted by some as an excuse to have a go at the travelling community which then descended into a slagging match regarding the rights and wrongs of what was posted and/or subsequently edited. While I have only heard about the happenings in Sligo throught he media I would not want to go blaming a certain group for all of the town's troubles. Remember everyone is innocent until proven otherwise. Note the word proven here. Wild accusations only serve to stir up hatred and prejudice. The moderators have done a good job here in trying to keep it unoffensive and to the point. My thoughts on it are that I am a regular visitor to Sligo and it certainly won't put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks for the vote of confidence smashey. Your comment about the topic turning into a slagging match is spot on but as I said I suspect other things are happening so I will have the radar on 24/7 on this thread.

Your comments in relation to the thread topic are just the type that are more than welcome here

Advertisement