Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threads About Travellers Will Be Closed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boardy

gaf1983 wrote:
    I agree that I don't think a blanket ban is beneficial, although Amp I understand where you're coming from with regard to reading the same illogical abusive posts ad infinitum.

Might I suggest a restricted access forum for this topic, such as is the case with the Sex and Soccer forums, and bar any flouters of the rules of those forums? The only question would be what to call such a forum.

I do not believe we need a separate forum for Travellers? What would follow then: forums for Gypsies, Lithuanians, Nigerians, Red Haired people etc?

Restricted access is also a bad idea. Whose powerful hand decides entry into this restricted area? What is the criterion for getting in …… only like-minded individuals?

The existing rules and charters of Boards can easily manage an open forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I do not believe we need a separate forum for Travellers? What would follow then: forums for Gypsies, Lithuanians, Nigerians, Red Haired people etc?

why would you have a problem with Lithuanians and other minorities having forums on boards.

the only thing that would go against such an idea really in my opinion would be the numbers who would visit a forum. If there were enough travellers/lithuanians/Nigerians using boards to merit such a forum, i would not have a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

gaf1983 wrote:
    Might I suggest a restricted access forum for this topic, such as is the case with the Sex and Soccer forums, and bar any flouters of the rules of those forums? The only question would be what to call such a forum.

A public access forum with no restrictions, other than those set out by a stiff charter, would be acceptable in my opinion. It would be the only way open discussion coult take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Seeing as people don't seem to understand the concept of "a few weeks" this thread is now closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement