Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worlds most famous atheist & Vegetarian

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

stevenmu wrote:
    Interestingly, apart from being overtly christian, there's evidence (and not just Indiana Jones movies) that Hitler was deeply involved in the occult, I'll try and dig out the book I read about it and see if I can find some links.

Hitler was as far from Christian as you can get. I don't mean that in some "immoral therefore not Christian" empty headed way. He advocated NAZIism as the state religion, which Burleigh argues convincingly can be classified as a neo-paganism with a leadership cult driving it (no disrespect to the very great sample of Pagans on these Boards!). Therefore, he would be classified with those who Elijah would have battled with in the Old Testament.

He rejected the idea of Jesus as Christ outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Excelsior wrote:
    Hitler was as far from Christian as you can get.

My feeling on this is that you are correct Excelsior in what you say in how he applied his Christian roots, but the fact remains that Hitler did fear and hold in high regard your God. One of his most insistent pursuits was for the Spear of Destiny, the same one that is said to pierce the side of Jesus on the cross. The one that would enable the bearer to hold sway over the entire world. That was a pretty big commitment to Chritianity in my books:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Excelsior wrote:
    He advocated NAZIism as the state religion, which Burleigh argues convincingly can be classified as a neo-paganism with a leadership cult driving it

Kinda true, but he didn't do that for super-natural reasons, he didn't believe that the Nazi party was some form of religious entity, he did it for control, in the same way the Communist party got ride of religion all together (it would be incorrect to say that Communism replaced the Orthodox religion with the "religion" of Communism, since Communism isn't a religion and neither is the Nazi party)

Really Hitler just wanted to be the supreme leader of the German people and he didn't want anything, including religion with its own leaders (living and dead) to get in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

To go back to the original heading

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Toss up for einstein and shaw for me too...maybe tolstoy... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭archdukefranz

Stalin was kicked out of the training for the othodox church for some of the statements he made...

He then cut off his roots to "Christianity"... He was an athiest...
    I imagine because he discovered he could get much more power through polotics than through religion.

Hitler wanted to be an artist, not a monk. He was rejected from the art college in vienna and went into politics instead.
    He pulled some random verses from the Bible out of context that fitted in with his hatred, similar to his treatment of Niche he only used the church as a means of gathering support.
    He stopped the publishing of Bibles in Germany and banned all chruches bar ones that followed his docterin replacing the Bible with Mein Kampf and God with Hitler.

These are not the actions of a Christian, but of someone who can recognise parts of the Christian church that are spiritually dead and exploit their lack of direction from God.

Advertisement