Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get thee to Xtravision.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,899 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Meteos clicks when you become good at combos and sending the whole screen of meteos at your enemies. Don't play it for too long. I remember not being able to sleep for 4 hours one night because all I saw when I closed my eyes were meteos falling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

well just played it for the last 2 hours...still havnt made a combo big enough to send up the whole screen...but am enjoying it.

i seem to win by luck alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

deadl0ck wrote:
    Have also checked Leixlip and Lucan - no Joy :(
    I can absolutely unreservedly definitely confirm both Leixlip stores and the Lucan store price DS games as 2 for €40. Whether they have them in stock or not may well be a different matter.

Generally speaking, Xtra-vision's prices are set by a central server. The stickers are changed manually store-by-store though; so there may well (read will) be deviations from the stickering and the actual price on the system. So go forth to the counter and ask them to check!

And while you're in there rent a movie or two :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I can absolutely unreservedly definitely confirm both Leixlip stores and the Lucan store price DS games as 2 for €40. Whether they have them in stock or not may well be a different matter.

I actually meant I couldn't find Advance Wars in Leixlip or Lucan - Sorry for the confusion !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

I was in their today renting a movie, and yay! They are doing it in our local Xtra-Vision, but too bad most of the games I woulv'e gotten, I either had, or has yet to be released (so no deals f they're not restocking). Such a shame it didn't apply to a PC version of HL, though.

That every title is on 'sale'. Sonic Rush, Narnia and a few others were still €45, but most other titles were €25, or 2 for €40.

But I only have €15, and I'll be hopeing another €25 will head my way before it's too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

If any corkheads are looking for Meteos for cheap, the Midleton branch has one copy left. It also the usual suspects (Sprung, Bubble Bobble, etc), but no Advance Wars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

anyone know an Xtra Vision that sells Gamecube games?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Great deal, I picked up Sonic Rush, Kirby, Castlevania and Oddworld Strangers Wrath, all for 80 euro. Not bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

If anyone is down the Sligo direction in the next few days, Xtravision in the town still have loads of the 2 for €40 games left.

I got Advance Wars and Sonic Rush but they also had Meteos, Mario Kart and Kirby's Power Paintbrush.

Advertisement