Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Creator Challenge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yep, open to anyone who wants to send me stuff. Other than the theme, there's no restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

I have a little something being built in photoshop and manga studio, it's so rough you wouldn't believe it! I've never ever used either programme before, and I've never done any sort of picture on my comp before - I might submit it if I can get it in on time :D Woo!

Does it matter if its kinda a rough pic? basically its just line work, a very small amount of colour and no shading.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Whatever you want to send in is fine, I'm not imposing any level of draughtmanship on people - it's all just a bit of fun :)

Kewl thanks :D Is the end of next week too late? Ill probably have it before then - but I might not, and also, How do I get it to you and in what format is best?

End of next week is fine, I generally seem to skate close to the deadline myself :D Email your entry to me at fyshbowlcomics @ gmail dot com, JPG or PNG seem to be the most common formats but anything I can open in Photoshop is fine. The higher the resolution the better, I can always scale down the size if I need to.

• Advertisement

I got my entry finished sooner than I thought! I emailed it onto you :) I actually completely changed my original idea and made a whole new one and got it finished in about an hour! Yay !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

Johnny Cash's dingo ate my grapefruit

but jonesy ate my brains!

well. I hope it made you ill! :p

I've got scribbles. lets see if I can actually make them drawings on the weekend :rolleyes:

..and my Undead army grows! It's too easy to lure people with free pie.

Excellent! I've just had a look at Jonesy3110's entry and I quite like it :)

Should have mine finished tonight or tomorrow sometime (bloody thing ended up at 9 pages long), look forward to seeing what you've got for us this time Ms. Ninja.

Now...did someone say pie?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Pie linky! \o/

• Advertisement

Hey I just read through the thread. Is there gonna be a poll? I might just start to hyperventilate at the thought of such a high pressure situation. no ones voting for me no ones voting for me *gasp* etc. No Im kidding :P Is there a poll?

Oh and I just looked at thumbninjas profile ..... your birthday is the day after mine! Weird....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Hoovers

Just sent you my entry Fysh- hope it gets to you in one piece! Can't wait to see the other entries for this one!!!

Yep, got your entry Hoovers and must say I really liked it. I'll put up the entries in the next day or two for all to see :)

What kind of stuff do u have in mind for round 9? I would try and come up with a suggestion but I'm in work so all I can think of is debt collection and personal injury claims :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

Is that a suggestion? Cos I kinda like 'Debt Collection'.

Uh yeah sure! Actually debt collection could be kewl lol Oops an accidental suggestion!

The best ones usually are.

Of course, if it turns out you already have a 24 page comic done on that subject, well, then, we'll all know just how 'accidental' it was, won't we?:p

Lol of course I dont! ...... not 24 pages anyway :P

I wouldn't be too sure on that matter, my entry for round 8 ended up being 9 pages long and I had it finished by Monday even though I only started drawing it Wednesday last week. You'd be amazed how much you can get drawn when you decide that things like getting enough food or enough sleep are secondary concerns...

I know what you mean, I didn't sleep for a week when I was doing my debt collection comic :p Oh and my next entry is going to be totally hand drawn, I've learned that my digital camera does an awesome scanner impression. Totally believable.

• Advertisement

I used to be able to do that, but then I tried some pie and ... brain ... what brain??

Gaargh ha ha :P

How many entries were there this round anyway?

Five entries in total, which seems to be about the average. Much as I'd like to, I can't get established comic folks to take part, because chaps like Bob Byrne and his ilk say that paying comics work has to take precedence (an understandable perspective) and chaps like Adam from Drastic or Ger from Neko The Kitty just ignore me when I harangue them to take part. Gits.

Update should be tonight sometime, I promise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Fysh wrote:
    because chaps like Bob Byrne and his ilk say that paying comics work has to take precedence (an understandable perspective)

Tis a pain but paying gigs do have to take a front seat :p I do keep meaning to try and do something for you hon but every time the deadline comes round I seem to have an illustration deadline that has to come first.........I miss drawing for fun....I had a life drawing session last night and it was so nice to just draw for me and no one else, came home on a buzz meaning to get some comic work done but feel asleep :D

In fairness if I was spending 8-9 hours a day working in an animation studio I'm fairly sure I'd be far less keen on then spending another 2-3 hours working on comics. (I know I definitely hate getting asked for help with sticky computer problems after a long day at work...)

At the same time, I kind of like the "open mic night" vibe that the challenge has ended up with as a result, so all is good.

Hmm...I like the idea of "Debt" or "debt collector" as a theme, any other suggestions?

Entries are online here. From my side it looks like everything's working, but then again it always does...

Let me know if anythings b0rked and I'll fix it as soon as I can...

OMG! Mines a pile of poo next to all yours! I'll try harder next round :P Oh and the link worked fine for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

lol fysh man ever time you do the crotch cam thing "he had no willy" kept popping into my head!!!

• Advertisement

Lol I thought crotch cam was from the willys point of view :P

Advertisement