Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check this crazy sh!t out

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

commited wrote:
    :(

Well I have stripped out the inside and im using cable ties to hold some fans - does that count? :cool: :p

That is called Ghetto modding :D, its the raw essence of modding tbh, hahahahha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I'm ghetto all the way..
    Got a gf2mx when they first came out and cabletied on a load of HSF's I had lieing about the place - had the highest core speed for ages lol
    I was cool in those days :(:p
    Tbh now I only use a laptop (3400+ with 1mb cache -performance equiv to an FX-51, 1gb ram, 128mb 9700, 80gb hdd &15.4" screen) - my next desktop plan is to build an uber tiny and silent PC, hopefully making my own bespoke case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

commited wrote:
    I'm ghetto all the way..
    Got a gf2mx when they first came out and cabletied on a load of HSF's I had lieing about the place - had the highest core speed for ages lol
    Tbh now I only use a laptop (3400+ with 1mb cache -performance equiv to an FX-51, 1gb ram, 128mb 9700, 80gb hdd &15.4" screen) - my next desktop plan is to build an uber tiny and silent PC, hopefully making my own bespoke case :)
    Ghetto this!! http://laptop.media.mit.edu/ Runs XP 'cranked' Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

commited wrote:
    I'm ghetto all the way..
    Will yours have hamsters for the PSU in wheels. Very silent, but quite smelly though.

hamsters for the PSU - I'll look into that. I was going to use magic fairy dust though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Workstation/Desktop components >>>>x10^∞ Laptop components

SyxPak wrote:
    Workstation/Desktop components >>>>x10^∞ Laptop components
    Of course, but I dont have the time or money to be playing about with PCs - I need something that works and I can carry around with me ;)

I should 3d mark my laptop and see what it gets. It gets 92fps in LFS and runs quake 4 well, so it's not bad for the grand I paid for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

I did i got 525 is 05 :v: pwnage!!

lol
    What did you get in 03?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Havent RAM 03 yet downloading it ATM actually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement