Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check this crazy sh!t out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Iv watched many mod work logs but i thought i would share this one as its utterly insane :eek: , this guy has skillz. I would pimp my sister to have what this guy has created :v: .
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=951236&page=1&pp=20
    Take a look :)

I'm only on page 3 and its legend. I'm not a modding man myself, but this is something else!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Wow. What a waste of time and money.

Don't think it's finished yet, but it looks ugly (post #147). All that for something that'll be sitting under a desk.. never understood the reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

He's got a better log on Bit-Tech. I've been watching him from the start. It's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

yeah Ive been following him on BitTech too Hell of a rig hes got going. Major skillz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

That guy must have alot of free time on his hands - I like some of his ideas, but the end result just looks crazy cluttered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Great technical modding, especially with the waterloops. Looks fúcking cack though.
    Ex. http://franklin.noph33r.com/images/overzicht5.jpg
    It's all gravy down the back until you reach the PSUs. Wtf.

My biggest gripe with it is that the plexi should be flush, not mounted on wobbly stand-offs. (look at the hdd cages).

I really hope this is mid-way as there seems to be alot of work left.

It's like a poor man's Orac3, not much thought given to [the overall aesthetic design]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yeh hes got skills alrite.. but it doesnt look the best at the end, very neat job though.. handy when you got all the tools and a kinda workshop to do it in though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

There is no way he got better temps with that wc kit then had he gone with some good aircooling.

krazy_8s wrote:
    There is no way he got better temps with that wc kit then had he gone with some good aircooling.
    Dunno... doubt it. He wants it quite i'd say. Depends whats he gonna do in the line of overclocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

I think its a pretty kick ass job and when its totally finished i bet it will be class.....

True about the tools and workshop, anybody can learn how once ya have the equipment....

Some how i doubt hes overclocking....Id say he has enough money to get any hardware he wants....

• Advertisement

Evd-Burner wrote:
    I think its a pretty kick ass job and when its totally finished i bet it will be class.....

True about the tools and workshop, anybody can learn how once ya have the equipment....

Some how i doubt hes overclocking....Id say he has enough money to get any hardware he wants....

Well he only uses a coping saw, sandpaper, files and a few humble things. But the space to have his working area is necessary too i suppose.
    Even so, no matter what harware i ever got I'd always try and overclock it even if i got the best money can buy

Yeah for example those 6800;s could run as ultra's easily. But hes gonna hit probs with pressure as those pumps have a lot of tubing to push thru

Yeah for example those 6800;s could run as ultra's easily. But hes gonna hit probs with pressure as those pumps have a lot of tubing to push thru
    yes, and hes got one particular tight corner to navigate (the one where he made the acrilyc 'anti kink' thing.... which, by the way, was very well made. He has flow meters so we'll see what his conclusions will be at the end.

Yeah I think the Iwakis will be introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

This is the most amazing n best bit of modding i have ever seen, although Orac3

Front800wWMk.jpg
    gives him a damn good run for his money... These guys sweat skill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Ye, read the worklog on that Orac as well, very well made. I love that stuff they have used to sleeve all the wires, can you get that in Ireland? Searched many hardware shops and cant find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

unklerosco wrote:
    This is the most amazing n best bit of modding i have ever seen, although Orac3

Front800wWMk.jpg
    gives him a damn good run for his money... These guys sweat skill

that is SWEET

gline wrote:
    that is SWEET
    Tis good. But I like the dutch guys idea of hiding all the wires on [Hard]forum. Sleeve is good too.

I not a fan I DONT like the shower hoses IMO.

Am I the only one who just likes a nice simple computer lol

• Advertisement

commited wrote:

Boring! Get outta here old man :p .

commited wrote:
    Yes by the looks of things he he

Boring! Get outta here old man :p .
    Old before my time :(

/looks at old beige boxes.. ahh thats better.

commited wrote:
    Old before my time :(

/looks at old beige boxes.. ahh thats better.

Even my mom likes the "flashy lighty fan" as she calls it, that i put in here pc :D .

Even my mom likes the "flashy lighty fan" as she calls it, that i put in here pc :D .
    Ya but most of our mums lived through the acid days of the 60s. That flashy fan can bring back good memories for our beloved parents... or rather flashbacks. HAha

my case was £30 and it has excellent air flow and holds all my components :p

commited wrote:
    my case was £30 and it has excellent air flow and holds all my components :p
    GET OUT!!! Modding is paramout unmodded is just boring:v:!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

WOOOOOOOOW!!!!

that is the best case mod i have ever seen... its some inspiration !!!
    i had a cool idea for both my dvd drives but was putting it off.. after seeing that im gonna get stuck in tomorrow morning :):)

GET OUT!!! Modding is paramout unmodded is just boring:v:!!
    :(

Well I have stripped out the inside and im using cable ties to hold some fans - does that count? :cool: :p

• Advertisement

commited wrote:
    :(

Well I have stripped out the inside and im using cable ties to hold some fans - does that count? :cool: :p
    Cable ties. Bet that looks real puuurdy!

Advertisement