Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombies!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

im in the same boat, i find it easier to believe that a zombie can run rather than use a gun/communicate etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pen0s wrote:
    theres a day of the dead 2 or something aswell isnt there? i saw it on amazon :/

Yes, and it's supposed to be avoided at all costs.
    Pen0s wrote:
    whats junk about?

This is another film I'd avoid too.
    garred wrote:
    Yeah but they did'nt give any indication that the zombies were heading that way in day of the dead. In 28 days later the infection turned them into zombies. Personally I don't mind them running but what they did in land of the dead I was'nt mad about. In fact it spoilt it for me. I know it was supposed to be cheesy but ahh, did'nt do it for me. Although there was great gore. Is there a third one of these scheduled? God knows what the zombies will be doing in that.

Dude. I honestly don't know what films you're watching when you spout of nonsence like this, because quite frankly even if you are watching the films in question, everything seems to just fly by you. Christ, you must have the attention span of a 3 year old. Day Of The Dead didn't give any indication that the zombies were headed that way? Half the god damn film was concerning Bub, the smart zombie. Didn't give any indication my ass... Because I sure seem to remember Bub, the zombie, shooting Captain Rhodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've heard bad things about Junk too...

It's Yakuza versus zombies or some such...

The movie Verus is very good though for a similiar type of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

You have me curious now is this the film Junk:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0273302/

I've heard bad things about Junk too...

It's Yakuza versus zombies or some such...

The movie Verus is very good though for a similiar type of thing.

Versus is a far superior film to Junk. I'd far sooner recommend it to everyone and anyone.

• Advertisement

Dude. I honestly don't know what films you're watching when you spout of nonsence like this, because quite frankly even if you are watching the films in question, everything seems to just fly by you. Christ, you must have the attention span of a 3 year old. Day Of The Dead didn't give any indication that the zombies were headed that way? Half the god damn film was concerning Bub, the smart zombie. Didn't give any indication my ass... Because I sure seem to remember Bub, the zombie, shooting Captain Rhodes.
    My bad I meant Dawn of the Dead, the remake that came out before Land of the Dead. Main point was about these "inteligent zombies" in Land of the Dead.

garred wrote:
    My bad I meant Dawn of the Dead, the remake that came out before Land of the Dead. Main point was about these "inteligent zombies" in Land of the Dead.

I simply don't know what to say... Are you actually trying to suggest that George Romero should have constricted and altered his vision based on a completely unrelated film? This has to be one of the stupidest things you've said yet, garred. So let me get this straight... The smarter zombies in Land of the Dead was a stupid idea, because it wasn't shown in the remake of Dawn Of The Dead? A film that was no part of Romero's Dead films, and a film he had no part in...? Is this really what you were trying to say...?

I'm astonished.

I simply don't know what to say... Are you actually trying to suggest that George Romero should have constricted and altered his vision based on a completely unrelated film? This has to be one of the stupidest things you've said yet, garred. So let me get this straight... The smarter zombies in Land of the Dead was a stupid idea, because it wasn't shown in the remake of Dawn Of The Dead? A film that was no part of Romero's Dead films, and a film he had no part in...? Is this really what you were trying to say...?

I'm astonished.
    Nope and relax...read my FIRST reply. The comment was on running zombies. I commented on the "inteligent zombies" in land of the dead. I'm personally not into that type zombie. Yeah I got muxed up with dawn and day, wrongly getting the sequence of films wrong and acknowledged it. Silly mistake but there you go. I probably had bad grammar and spelling mistakes in my comment aswell. What is it with your knit picking. Can someone not have an opinion. Its not just this post but others. At least if someone's opinion is in contrast to mine I don't attack the user and question their inteligence. And no the smarter zombie was not a stupid idea because it was not in Dawn of the Dead...it was just a stupid idea because of what I said in my FIRST reply. I'm personally not into "inteligent zombies" in films.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

im with garred on this one, yes it was led up to it in day of the dead, but i still prefer to see my zombies using thie hands & mouths not their brians

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I think one of the main reasons that I prefer Night and Dawn to Day and Land is the intelligent zombies. That that the concept is a bad one, just the execution. Particularly in Land.

Has anyone caught the new Return of the Living Dead movies yet? I assumed they'd be hitting theatres but seemingly they were made for TV...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pen0s

I'm astonished.
    he obviusly got them mixed up. its not that hard to do considering theres films called :dawn of the dead(original), dawn of the living dead, dawn of the dead( remake), night of the livng dead (1968), night of the living dead(remake cant remember the year), Day of the dead, day of the dead 2, land of the dead, return of the livng dead etc etc etc. doesnt seem to me like its all that hard to confuse the films :rolleyes:

on another note, i didnt like smart zombies but bub was tha **** in day of the dead:D

Advertisement