Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any help on this new puter spec?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rockflanders

so opteron it is then?!!!

i have heard some bad things about the mainboard, anybody have any experience of this board with this memory?

Committed: Whats a DFI board?

I have a couple of 200gb seagate hds ATA. Is it worth getting a SATA for OS etc?

appreciate all suggestions, thanks.

Antec NEO480GB 480-Watt PSU

Antec P160 Miditower, Silver,Side window, (Without PSU)

Gainward GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3,PCI-Express,"U/3400PCX XP ViVo Golden S"

Asus A8N-SLI Premium, nForce4 SLI,Socket-939, Super Cooling pipe, PCI-Ex16
    Crucial PC3200 BallistiX DDR 1024MB CL2Kit w/two matched,2.8V,64Meg x 64,184pin

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz Socket 939,512KB, BOXED w/fan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

DFI motherboard. And opteronis the way of the future.

are they the Lan party makers?

Yup that be them!

do you know if there is any advantage to getting a SATA HD? I have 2 seagate 250 gb hds at the moment i was planning on putting in. If I reserved the SATA for OS and the like would it speed things up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

aaf wrote:
    If you're interested, I've got a brand new unopened Antec NEO480GB 480-Watt PSU I'll sell to you?
    @ OP. Any word on this?

_-=snips=-_

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

*hugs P4 1.8@ 2.7 on air and stock Vcore*

^Think it might be time for you to leave, these Opterons look pretty heafty!

If it leaves I have a nice cosy warm home for it where is can have lots of overclocked friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

DFI boards are excellent and you'd be a fool not to go for the Opterons :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I don't think you'd gain much by getting a SATA just for the OS. Although if you have 2 IDE drives and an optical drive that would mean that some drives would have to be sharing channels...

To me that's the only advantage of SATA, not having to have drives share channels and cables. The throughput gains aren't really much use with current HD technology.

saw some 10k rpm drives too though, have 2 ATA drives, 2 USB drives and 2 Optical drives at the moment. very cluttered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

If you run the two drives in IDE raid they should be nice and fast :)

If you need more space, buy 2 SATA drives and run them raid :)

Advertisement