Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fun first date in dublin- where to go?

Options
  • 20-11-2005 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I need ideas on where to take this girl out for the FIRST TIME on tuesday 22nd in dublin?? All i can find online is a comedy improv thing in slatterys in rathmines which could be really funny or embarrasingly crap! She's not into indie dublin bands and the standard issue 'lets go for a drink' just wont cut it!

HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Stringfellows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭lisa.c

isnt that ice skating thing starting soon? think its called christmas on ice or 7up christmas on ice not to sure on details. but id love to be taken ice skating so maybe that would be worth a try!!!!

its

Smithfield Christmas on Ice
    Date: from 18/11/2005 to 08/01/2006

Venue: Dublin City Council

Time: 10.30am - 9.30pm (except Christmas Day)

Price: €9.50 Children, €14 Adults

Type of Event: Christmas

Following the success of the previous two years, Smithfield on Ice will once again provide a spectacular ice rink, along with a Victorian Carnival and a Christmas market, for Dubliners and visitors to enjoy this festive season.

Santa will be up the 170ft Smithfield Chimney and other events from Dublin City Council’s first ‘Christmas Tale’ will include the Enchanted Village, the Festival of Light, Parade of Light and Carols on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

yeah cheers i just spotted that!
    there's one on in the rds as well i wonder which is better?
    think i'll go with that then captain americas after or somethin
    thanks a million lisa!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ballsbridge or Smithfield... Hmm I wonder which one I would bring a girl to...

ha ha ha

and a dalkey girl at that!

hmmm tough one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the circus is on in blackrock, tis fun if ya can get past the smell...ice rink would be better i think tho

the circus is on in blackrock, tis fun if ya can get past the smell...ice rink would be better i think tho

yeah i never thought of that. tends to be nak-central as far as i can rememebr? even in blackrock.

do you get soaked in an ice rink? ive never been! would we be fit for going for food after?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

Don't even think about bringing her near the river. she'll have a fit.

Nedermeyer wrote:
    Don't even think about bringing her near the river. she'll have a fit.

near the river?

as in the liffey? i dont get it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Don't go to 7Up Christmas on Ice, went last year and it was useless. I'd say Smithfield sounds better.

• Advertisement

ah and just as i made up my mind on the 7up christmas thing!

now im confused

tinkerbell wrote:
    Don't go to 7Up Christmas on Ice, went last year and it was useless. I'd say Smithfield sounds better.

7Up Christmas on Ice.. Should be called Smirnoff Christmas on Ice considering where its on.. Would be some handcore advertising..

what you mean considering where its on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Region > East > Dublin City tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 El Lobo

For some reason that chick sounds hard to please....I give it 3 dates..And I'm being kind. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

How old are you? And she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Take her to whatever the worst film out atm is. You'll seem good entertainment value by comparison.

The last thing you want to do is to take her to some twat comedian who ends up impressing her more than you do.

Either that or the iceskating thing is a good idea. But only if you're good at it like me.

Don't take her to a circus or the zoo. 7 times out of 10 you'll just end up having to listening to a bunch of whiney crap about how 'isn't it terrible for the poor animals' to which you'll automatically reply 'yeah, awful.' or in my case 'no' and then get into a big arguement.

Just bring her out and get her locked. Don't try too hard, or it'll look like you're trying to hard! :cool:

And be coy..not too coy though..it's a game you see!

what you mean considering where its on?

Smithfield on Ice - Smirnoff Ice.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭bagdaddy

good post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

haha

I'm goin on a first date on tuesday too.I'm gonna take her to a blues gig in jj.smyths on aungier st.Its supposed to be really nice and chilled out...

Might see ye there..;)

http://www.irishblues.com/

Dan:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Went to smithfield on ice with the bf and mates on Friday at 3.It was fairly empty so we had a great time I've been to 7up on ice and smithfield and the rink at smithfield is much better

Yeah the Ice Skating is really good, me n the boyf went the other day, and had such a laugh. Neither of us had gone b4, so it really made it so much more fun. Take her for a few drinks after (theres loads opposite). Oh how i love first dates...sigh.It's the most romantic time of year too! Good Luck!

Oh and maybe tell her what ur doin b4 hand 2, my boyf just surpsised me during college, n i was wearing a skirt...not fun when i fell over!

thanks to all you guys

i just rang her and it's all set. when i stuck that post up earlier today i really hadn't a clue what to do! real lookin forward to it.

to that guy who said she sounded hard to please i dunno where you got that from? she just said she'd come out with me, it's me who wants to do somethin other than pub or cinema and to make a bit of an effort.

blondie- im 23 she's 21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

smithfield is much better.ive been to rds twice and smithfield loads.its not full of knackers as from previous years im pretty sure people have learned and gone to smithfield instead.smithfield ismuch more atmospheric under the night sky with christmas music in thebackground.instead of the makeshift tent thing in rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

lisas right the ice skating is on and its great craic!. also theres a mongolian barbecue place in town where you pick out raw food and they cook it for you my mates had a date there she liked it. or the cinema is always good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Debbio69

i reckon smithfield would be a better idea, if you make a tit of yourself at least theres loads of cafe/pubs around that area you can retire to!
    i wouldnt reckomend the cinema on a first date it can be a bit akward!

• Advertisement

yeah im swaying toward smithfield now alright

and yeah Siog, I was actually thinking of the mongolian bbq but isn't that all you can eat, pick raw food thing only an early bird deal? I don't mind if it costs extra later but do they actually do it later is my concern? Like or do they just have standard menus and orders like?

Advertisement