Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal is Best

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah they make a banana drink too, though I've never touched it.

In relation to the disregard to the smoking ban, I must go to the wrong pubs, as no pub I go to allows smoking :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

RE: DONEGAL IS BEST ?..

Self praise is little praise indeed.

As a native, I believe Donegal has become a corrupt ****hole, full of money grabbing individuals, without morals of any kind.

What a shame, that it took the 'McBrearty' scandal to publicly highlight some of the state/political shenanigans.

However, there is plenty more scandal yet to appear in the public domain, and the sooner the better, as far as I am concerned.

P.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

dingding wrote:
    Mc daids bananna drink, I can't remember what it is called :eek:

They used to have one called "Football Special"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

dingding wrote:
    Mc daids bananna drink, I can't remember what it is called :eek:

Banana Special??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

byte wrote:
    In relation to the disregard to the smoking ban, I must go to the wrong pubs, as no pub I go to allows smoking :(
    Yea, same as that. Where are these mystery pubs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Fanad

sorry cremo, we have to prove it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

Paddy20 wrote:

As a native, I believe Donegal has become a corrupt ****hole, full of money grabbing individuals, without morals of any kind.

Sure doesn't that go for Ireland as a whole???

Still love the place though....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Paddy20 wrote:

What a shame, that it took the 'McBrearty' scandal to publicly highlight some of the state/political shenanigans.

However, there is plenty more scandal yet to appear in the public domain, and the sooner the better, as far as I am concerned.

The McBrearty case is hardly an example of widespread state shenanigans. As for the the rest, I think such comments are better placed in a conspiracy theories forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The McBrearty case is hardly an example of widespread state shenanigans. .......IS IT NOT? As for the the rest, I think such comments are better placed in a conspiracy theories forum.............COULDN'T AGREE MORE
    This thread is titled "Donegal is best" and I think that comments which express an opinion for or against that statement are more than welcome but we will have to stick to the topic at hand

Paddy20 wrote:

Paddy20, you are like the dog off the leash - you are starting to stray a bit.
    Start a new thread if you think corruption can be debated here

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:
    tryfanad.
    Its a long way to go for a puff :D

byte wrote:
    Dont think its a case of going to the wrong pub but more a case of going home too early;)

Louise77 wrote:
    Doing a presentation on monday about why Donegal is the Best County in Ireland...so far I've got:
    - Slieve League
    - Town called Muff
    - Most Corrupt Garda
    - Gaeltacht
    - Fantastic Golf Courses
    - Surfing in Bundoran and Inishowen...
    Any others (funny or serious...)??:D

muffler,

As posted by the original poster/thread starter!, the statement " Any others (funny or serious....:D " looks to me like an invitation to discuss 'Corruption etc on this thread.

Why start another ?..:confused:

Well if corruption etc makes Donegal the best then Im a China man.

The request by the OP, Loise77 was for examples (funny or serious) to show why Donegal is the best.

What part of that do you not understand:confused:

Now feel free to start a thread titled "Corruption in Donegal"

Now this is what I call reality - your post deleted in its entirety

Stick to thread and dont try twisting things around.

Muffler

Paddy20 wrote:
    Now this is what I call reality - your post deleted in its entirety

Stick to thread and dont try twisting things around.

Muffler

Muffler,

OK, if thats how you want it, THAT IS THE LAST POST OF MINE you will ever get the chance to delete, as I will never again post anything on this North West forum, unless my last deleted post is undeleted in its entirety:mad: .

Paddy20 wrote:
    Muffler,

OK, if thats how you want it, THAT IS THE LAST POST OF MINE you will ever get the chance to delete, as I will never again post anything on this North West forum, unless my last deleted post is undeleted in its entirety:mad: .

Not sure if thats a threat or a promise and Im not sure if I am happy or sad.

Its like this Paddy20, I have a lot of things to do and keeping an eye on this forum is just one of them. I haven't the time for posting on a continious basis reminding people of the need to keep some form of order to the topics.

I asked you to stick to the topic but in typical fashion you would try to twist things around just to suit your own way of thinking. I think we could say that your name has been ticked as the referees do in Gaelic football.

Now if you persist in posting off topic, well the inevitable yellow card will be produced.

Post again if you want to. Dont post again if you dont want to. I cant make it any clearer than that.

Paddy20, I like your style :D -- but come on, he's right. Not the thread for it. Someother time maybe.

What makes Donegal the best? Folks like Paddy20 sticking it to the man -- huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Goodshape wrote:
    Paddy20, I like your style :D -- but come on, he's right. Not the thread for it. Someother time maybe.

What makes Donegal the best? Folks like Paddy20 sticking it to the man -- huzzah!
    foshizel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

I have to say i am reading through this and i have to say i am on the side of muffler.

Paddy, your point is valued, and i have to say tht you have the highest inputt to the site, but you are off topic.

Topic of the thread is "Donegal is Best", not curruption, not shenanigans, not dodgy politics etc.

People have opinions, people have views, BUT, and it is simple, "donegal is best" reflects positives not negatives.
    If you want to discuss, debate or whatever else goes on here, start a new thread, open a different group debate.
    In relation to not participating ever again, that is entirely up to you but you have played an importatnt part of this forum.
    Its up to you but you will be missed, by the mods at least you kept on toes :)

NOw here it is to everyone, unless you think donegal is best, please dont post on this thread or we will have to close it.

So why is donegal the best, any more takers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Because I live there!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

First time user here. Reading with some interest why Donegal is best. Obvious really, it just is. As the TV ad. said "It's different up here". I find myself agreeing with muffler. Stick to the point. Regarding Paddy 20; cot, toys and throwing spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

smashey, first post and you may feel the wrath of paddy 20.

Welcome to the north west forum, have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Thank you for the welcome. The wrath of Paddy 20! Judging by what I read from him earlier I might need a dictionary to figure out if he is being nice or nasty. (Perhaps he's a wee bit pedantic maybe)

Welcome smashey. Hope you're enjoying it so far:)

Glad to see new members here as its always nice to get various viewpoints

smashey wrote:
    cot, toys and throwing spring to mind.

now there's a phrase I miss from Donegal. I've never heard it used elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LockeTribal

Donegal is best cause quite frankly we're the maddest bunch of people you'll find, pretty much anywhere :D seriously, i didnt realise it til i started college in Dublin, but we've got the reputation of being the biggest party animals in Ireland at the very least. And to be honest we are a lot better craic up here. Especially Inishowen :) we get the best of both worlds, north and south being so close to the border.

I have noticed a bit of a Buncrana / Inishowen reputation in UCD alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭hollyhamill

Donegal ist great, true, but BUNDORAN????

That place is a kip (although I spent many a night dancing in the Hollyrood Nightclub - ahhh the memories...:) )

My Favourites:

- Port
    - Fintra Strand
    - Glenveagh National Park
    - The Bundoran By-pass
    - All ob the above mentioned (minus Bundoran)
    - Donegal broders on Co. Sligo.
    what the hell is wrong with bundoran! just because you culties are not useed to seeing so mny people in one spot or seing so many decent pubs/clubs/amenities doesnt mean you can get all jealous!
    it just happens to be the best surf in eire !

• Advertisement

Where's the poll on donating Bundoran to Leitrim - they badly need an overpriced, bad service kip of a place.

Advertisement