Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal is Best

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I had better go up agian this weekend again so!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Football Special.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

As it happens, it doesn't. Leitrim is in between, albeit for about 4 or 5 miles.

;)

Just over a mile i'd say, the same distance as leitrims coastline...

Football Special !!!
    The Cottage Bar - Letterkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

As it happens, it doesn't. Leitrim is in between, albeit for about 4 or 5 miles.

;)

Nitpicker...:D

Tullaghan is becoming more and more a part of Bundoran (bit like Ballybofey and Stranorlar) so it's almost Donegal anyway...

But yeah, you're right, let me rephrase that,

Donegal ist very close to Co. Sligo... :p

JoeyJJ wrote:
    The Cottage Bar - Letterkenny

Oh yeah, defo, they do (or at least did - haven't been there in years) a great pint of Smithwicks -

on the topic of pubs:

Biddy's 'O Barnes

on the topic of pubs:
    Biddy's 'O Barnes
    Also agree with the Cottage hasent changed a bit over the years.

Others:
    Pippers Rest (Cill Chartha)
    The Harbour Bar (Killybegs)
    The Castle Bar (Donegal Town)
    The Junction (Ballybofey)
    Nancy's Bar (Ardara)

To name but a few....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 MR BIG

Ur man hit the nail on the head there! when he was on about the town planing in letterkenny! Personally i dont think there is much planning involved in the town planning! Fat cat property developers have ruined letterkenny! and as for the so called town planners they must be on crack cocaine! Well done mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Medbhia

muffler wrote:
    You need more practice :D

I don't know how Donegal people do it...! I *can't* drink like that... :D , and it doesn't seem to touch the sides up there.

The beaches are great cause there isn't a single person on half of them when you go, and the accent is wicked.

Oh don't forget bogs, which are great for, oh I don't know, ...bog enthusiasts?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Medbhia wrote:
    Oh don't forget bogs, which are great for, oh I don't know, ...bog enthusiasts?! :p
    TURF is the word you're looking for :D

muffler wrote:
    TURF is the word you're looking for :D
    and Midges:eek:

Carrickman wrote:

Had a mad midge experience in Glenveagh National Park a few years ago, jayzus they're some beasts alright :v: ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭bimbos_r_us

- the hairdressers in muff is called MUFF STYLISTS:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭bimbos_r_us

the fact that all young-ones just stand up the town & drink on weekends, in Buncrana anyway!!, ;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Carrickman wrote:
    Or worse, Clegs! :)

byte wrote:

Or Ticks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

I can just see bord Failte getting you to write the next brochure for the north west.
    The best thing is the ticks, clegs and midges. Hmmm, that will have people flocking here alright!

Well if you said they were rare breeds you might hundreds of ????????ologists coming here to study them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Medbhia

muffler wrote:
    Well if you said they were rare breeds you might hundreds of ????????ologists coming here to study them :D

TURFologists :D See, I was right! Otherwise known as 'bog enthusiasts' who study the Donegal bogs, upon which the little critters, both rare and common-place midges, clegs and ticks grow up and then have their photos taken for the latest NorthWest Tourism leaflet.

:p

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

For PEAT's sake! There's more to Donegal than cuttin' turf! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

Badum-tish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paddy21

ACH WELL, Where to start.

Killybegs, Ireland premier fishing port, roscorkin head in killybegs.
    The Atlantic Dawn largest trawler in the world( think Croke Park).

The People.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Black hole sun

byte wrote:

Man i hate clegs. Bundoran is a kip especially in the summer ,trust me i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭WunderFull

Good things:
    Sliabh Liag (or Slieve League), the highest seacliffs in Europe.
    Tory Island (http://www.littleireland.ie/toryislandferry/ToryIsland.htm).
    People waving to you from their cars even though they don't know you.
    The largest Gaeltacht in Ireland.
    One of your local clubs being half an hour away by bus!!

Bad things:
    Bus routes.
    The lack of a train line.
    Lack of facilities for young people.

Make your mind up:
    The location of Donegal airport
    The Swilly bus

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

where's this muff place (in relation to letterkenny/fanad area), i got to see it the next time i'm up.

things i love about donegal...

football special and bannana special - however they tasted nicer out of the glass bottles.
    pubs blantent disregard for closing hours, even with on duty gardaí on the scene

things i hate about donegal...

the smoking ban doesn't exist
    more drink driving (from what i've seen up there)
    more young kids driving without license or for a matter of fact insurance. (no wonder it's high for yound people like myself).

Rathmullen is a lovely place the crazy golf they have there reminds me of fr.ted for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Cremo wrote:
    where's this muff place (in relation to letterkenny/fanad area), i got to see it the next time i'm up.
    In relation to that, I'm not sure. On the way from Buncrana to Derry it's just a bit of a detour away.

Not much there really.. petrol stations mostly -- used to be a TopShop that sold keyrings with 'Top Muff' written on them. Very popular items :) ..sadly, I think it's turned into a Tesco or something.

Cremo wrote:
    where's this muff place (in relation to letterkenny/fanad area).......... Personally I wouldnt bother, theres nothing there to see really, just the name

pubs blantent disregard for closing hours, even with on duty gardaí on the scene...........in other words, supping with the customers
    ;)

the smoking ban doesn't exist............what ban (cough cough):D :D

more drink driving (from what i've seen up there)..... dont know if its any worse than any other country area

Rathmullen is a lovely place the crazy golf they have there reminds me of fr.ted for some reason........ TRUE TRUE

Hope all that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Man i hate clegs. Bundoran is a kip especially in the summer ,trust me i know.

I vote donating Bundoran to Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

we dont wan it. we dont, so there. If we took it then we ould not have the shortest coast line.

nanook wrote:
    we dont wan it. we dont, so there. If we took it then we ould not have the shortest coast line.

Ah, yez'd still have the shortest coastline, but I don't really care, just as long as they don't somehow make it part of Sligo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

Mc daids bananna drink, I can't remember what it is called :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

dingding wrote:
    Mc daids bananna drink, I can't remember what it is called :eek:
    hmm.. don't remember a Banana drink. McDaids Football Special is the shiznit though.

Advertisement