Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol prices in N.W.

Options
  • 15-11-2005 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone feel like posting the price of petrol in the areas they live or pass through. There seems to be a fair difference in the prices around the the various towns.

It would be great if people could post on a wekly basis as this will keep the rest of us up to speed (pardon the pun) as to where the best value can be got.

I was going to start this off by saying that all the filling stations in Ballybofey/Stranorlar were retailing at 111.90 but after checking the Irish Fuel Prices site I see someone has posted that it is down to 109.90

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

around about 111.2 in Carndonagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

Cheapest in letterkenny is tinney's down behind the dryarch 105 last time i was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

jimmeh wrote:
    Cheapest in letterkenny is tinney's down behind the dryarch 105 last time i was in.
    Heard about Tinneys. Must pop in the next day Im in Letterkenny.
    Anyone know about prices in Donegal Town. I think one or two of those could be as cheap as Tinneys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

lafortezza wrote:
    around about 111.2 in Carndonagh.

is it not around 116??

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maxol (Northern Garage), Ballybofey Road, Donegal Town. 104.9c

Shell (Jim Owen), Ballybofey Road, Donegal Town. 104.9c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

b0bsquish wrote:
    is it not around 116??
    I could be wrong but the Shell on the Derry road away just outside Carndonagh has unleaded at around 111.x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

dont know if it is still relevant but i remember that a real cheap place for diesel used to be LMS oil in finiskilen estate in sligo. any one know if this is still the case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

It is along the quays. Just past connaught gold (NCF) 101 I think

byte wrote:
    Maxol (Northern Garage), Ballybofey Road, Donegal Town. 104.9c

Shell (Jim Owen), Ballybofey Road, Donegal Town. 104.9c
    That proves a big point - that you cant believe the retailers at least not the ones in the twin towns.

A couple of months ago there was a quote in the local papers and I think one of the petrol retailers was on Highland radio saying that there was only about 5 cents per litre profit on the unleaded.

Well the prices in the twin towns at the moment is 109.9 for all brands so if you belive the retailers here the guys in Donegal town are making no profit at all as they are selling it 5 cents a litre cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭roykeane16

its 1point 12 here in manorhamilton

• Advertisement

106.9 in Byrnes (price check) in Liscooley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

104.9 george sweeneys in ballyraine letterkenny for petrol and diesel

byte

I should restate, that the prices of both these filling stations is now down to 103.9c per litre of unleaded! :)
    That proves a big point - that you cant believe the retailers at least not the ones in the twin towns.

A couple of months ago there was a quote in the local papers and I think one of the petrol retailers was on Highland radio saying that there was only about 5 cents per litre profit on the unleaded.

Well the prices in the twin towns at the moment is 109.9 for all brands so if you belive the retailers here the guys in Donegal town are making no profit at all as they are selling it 5 cents a litre cheaper.

byte, thats 6 cents a litre difference now between the pumps in Donegal town and the ones in the twin towns - amazing how the stations over in Donegal are selling below cost :D:D thought there was a law against that :D

Slightly straying here but ordered kerosene from Donegal Oil Co. today - €620 per 1000 litre

byte

I got 500l of Kero last Friday for 305eur with Finn Valley Oil. The price was a bit cheaper because of concessions with the gf's workplace. Generally though, most oil places about LKY were about 315 to 325 for 500L

Down in Tinneys in Bonnagee this morning - 103/litre . At least its coming down a bit

its now 1.10 in the texaco station here in manorhamilton:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Diesel 99.8 in the oil depot on the quays in sligo, Sligo fuels I think

Got petrol for 99.8 in knockcrockary in roscommon during the week

it is/was .10.8 this wek in manor

roykeane16 wrote:
    it is/was .10.8 this wek in manor
    A strange price:D

• Advertisement

sorrry muff meant 108:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Definitely some sort of cartel in the twin towns I think. All stations with the same price, routinely 4-5c above the odds... Shame on them!

extopia wrote:
    Definitely some sort of cartel in the twin towns I think. All stations with the same price, routinely 4-5c above the odds... Shame on them!
    Yes, spot on. I have been watching this over the last couple of years and while there are 4 or 5 different petrol companies the prices are all identical.

It must be the only town (or twins town) in Ireland that it would happen in.

Byrnes, Liscooley (Pricecheck I think) was 104.9 for unleaded on 7/01/2006

byte

Yes, it's hardly surpising they aren't fond of the notion that Tesco want to stick a forecourt in Twin Towns! :)

I think Tesco Filling Station is what the towns need! That'll fairly shake up the stations there already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mr. Nice Guy

cheapest in sligo town is the regional stores beside sligo it

i work there sometimes..... last time i checked is was 108.9 but that coulda changed in the past while

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MR BIG

Visiting relatives in the gweedore area, UNLEADED 101.9 TEAGUE DIVERS shop and fuel stop in derrybeg, im told it is usually allways at least 4c per litre cheaper than here in letterkenny or anywhere else in donegal, all year round.

byte

Unleaded is 101.9 in at least 2 filling stations in Donegal Town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dun na nGal

prices in west donegal deffo cheaper .... by the way does anyone know for sure that we're getting the amount we pay for . i know of one l'kenny outlet (with a big reputation for value ) that has been fined for selling short measures . easy to be cheaper than the rest if you're fiddling the pumps !

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MR BIG

I agree wit dun na ngal that person has a point! Ive heard of the same thing happening in donegal in the past!. Its hard to watch them!

• Advertisement
    byte

I noticed today that the 2 petrol stations in Donegal I mentioned are now up from 101.9 to 104.8 and 104.9 :(

Advertisement