Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRAI / LRRA Debate thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

Boudica, as you seem to be the official spokesperson(gender neutral) for the NRAI, perhaps you could tell me what actions you have taken at National level to fulfill your duties as an NGB, e.g.:
    Constitution
    Competition programme
    Selection of National teams for international competition
    Training programmes
    Publicity programmes
    Recruitment programmes- on this issue your main offering seems to be to join the MNSCI which I understand is a commercial operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

Wooooowww.....leo...... Your Temper ......lots To Deal With There.

I Am Not Answering Your Questions Untill U Answer Mine First....na....na....na.....naaaaaaa.
    When U Answer Mine I'll Answer Yours.
    Love Boudica

Tip:why Don't You Contact Mnsci Yourself, And Get It From The Horses Mouth.

boudica wrote:
    Ah Hem Cough (hand Up) MNSCI.......NRAI.....leupold, There Is More Out Side Of Dublin, Try Getting Out More.

Do The LRRA Have A Range......if They Do Not, The SSAI Will Acceept Them.

Do You Represent Them, Are You A Member?

Invite: The LRRA Are Cordially Invited To Become Members Of MNSCI And Shoot Against The Other Clubs At National Level And Retaining There Own I.d..
    As The NRAI Are The Only Organisation Who Can Do It Officially, At National And International Level.

Have U Ever Been On The MNSCI Grounds LEO?
    OK Boudica a deal is a deal:
    The LRRA is a national body. National bodies which are not commercial operations do not have ranges.
    I am not a member of the LRRA and do not represent them.
    I have been to the MNSCI range.
    Now it is your turn.

Bingo......well Leo I Am Not A Rep For NRAI, sorry. It Is Not For Me To Answer, However Your Answer Is On The Way I Am Sure.
    Look At What Has Been Written Here To Fore, you speak as a very experience shooter, and seem to know more than u are pretending

By The Way We Are On The Wrong Tread For The NRAI Discussion, This Is THE LRRA MANDATE thread, By The Way Where Are They????

COME IN LRRA YOUR TIME HAS COME ACCORDING TO LEO U ARE A NATIONAL BODY, WITH NO RANGE, MAYBE U COULD BORROW THE MNSCI GROUND

BOUDICA

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Kink wrote:
    The politics of this board does not concern me in any way and my only relation to the club is membership and monthly visits, so all I’m doing is giving credit where credit is due.

Its not the politics of this board its the politics of shooting in Ireland. People just find this a convient place to air their grievances. If you talk to the people invloved in real life they are just as vocal (little less aggreisive maybe).

Of the 3 mods only Sparks has anythingto do with the issues that keep cropping up. Personally I just want to shoot but I suppose all this representaion and organisation ahs to happen or else we will lose our guns and ranges.

I'v shot in MRC or what ever they want to call it. It's a great range, they work hard on it, Big deal! loads of other clubs do as well!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 disco kid

hello hello
    ET phone home . im still waiting on directions to the LRRA range .can anybody point the way?

Guys he just said they don't have a range. Please make constructive posts or I will start binning your posts...

Isn't it interesting how the "possesion" of a range figures prominently in the posts of the LRAI proponents and how they seem to equate having a range to shoot on with giving the NRAI/MNSCI the right to be a governing body? They have shyed away from answering my questions even though they agreed to do so(Boudica). I am also surpised that they have not noticed my posts on the NRAI and FLAG threads where these issues are discussed.

As the issue of the relationship between the NRAI and the MNSCI is coming up on two other threads I thought it useful to copy a post from the NRAI thread here.
    I believe that the NRAI was set up with the best of intentions to organize F class etc in Ireland. However, as far as I can tell, the membership is primarily members of the MNCSI. As the MNSCI is a commercial operation, this has affected the way they have organised the NRAI . This is the reason that the constitution, organisation, how to join etc are not clear. A conflict has to be possible between the goals of an NGB and the goals of a commercial operation which can only be solved by complete seperation of operations. The nature of the type of shooting involved means that the primary range to be used is likely to be at Tullamore but it should be easy for the NRAI to effect this seperation and ensure that all NRAI affilliated clubs and members can shoot on the range. What plans does the NRAI have to do this?

From the unusual silence from Boudica and friends, it looks like they are avoiding answering any questions on this thread and all other threads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

Leupold wrote:
    From the unusual silence from Boudica and friends, it looks like they are avoiding answering any questions on this thread and all other threads.

Maybe they are busy or dont have a PC?

Give it time!

Nema wrote:
    Maybe they are busy or dont have a PC?

Give it time!

The end of main page show's who's online and they have been around all night.

Boudica seemed to be speaking for the NRAI/MNSCI until the going got tough but then vanished. The following quote is from the F Class International at Bisley thread:
    QUOTE BOUDICA " f-class international Bisley
    Hello Boys And Girls, The N.R.A.I. Are Sending An F-class Squad To Bisley To Compete In A Two Day Internatioal Challenge Match (19,20 And 21 November 2005).
    The Republic Of Ireland Will Be Competing Against Germany,france And Great Britian. There Will be Three Teams Of Four Competing for the ROI.

This Will Be The N.R.A.I.'s Third International

Mr John Craven, has proved,invaluable as Coach And Manager Of The Squad, with his experience of nine all armys.

The N.R.A.I. Would Like To Thank M.N.S.C.I. For Use Of Their Grounds For Squad Training.

I am sure we wish them v-bulls all the way.
    Unfortunately the gourgous boudica did not make the squads, but I will travel and cheer the boys on.
    I will report on results when we come back"

Looks like Boudica did speak for the NRAI when making this post.

But then, on the LRRA mandate thread Boudica said

QUOTE BOUDICA ""Bingo......well Leo I Am Not A Rep For NRAI, sorry. It Is Not For Me To Answer, However Your Answer Is On The Way I Am Sure.
    Look At What Has Been Written Here To Fore, you speak as a very experience shooter, and seem to know more than u are pretending

By The Way We Are On The Wrong Tread For The NRAI Discussion, This Is THE LRRA MANDATE thread, By The Way Where Are They????

COME IN LRRA YOUR TIME HAS COME ACCORDING TO LEO U ARE A NATIONAL BODY, WITH NO RANGE, MAYBE U COULD BORROW THE MNSCI GROUND

BOUDICA "

So Boudica is in a position to speak for the NRAI/MNSCI if he wanted to but I suspect that there is nothing concrete to say in answer to my questions.

AS a suggestion to the Mods, is it possible to amalgamate the NRAI/LRRA/MNSCI threads as they are all about the same topic, i.e what is the relationship between the NRAI and the MNSCI , why the NRAI is not fulfilling any of it's responsibilities as an NGB and who has the right to be the governing body for Long Range Rifle shooting in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭FLAG

skellig wrote:
    Members of the N.R.A.I founded this association in order to compete on an international level in fullbore shooting around the world.
    Previous to this membrs of M.R.C attempted to form an association for fullbore shooting within the then N.R.P.A.I now known as S.S.A.I unsuccessfully. As most long range shooters know the M.N.S.C.I have always facilitated long range shooting ie F class / Classic Rifle and Target Rifle and while the S.S.A.I will not facilitate these formats of shoting WHAT ELSE WAS THRRE TO DO?????????
    Why would they not facilitate a fullbore /long range association one will never know!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the contrary you certainly will know!

There have been many posts that has made this allegation, many references have been made in previous posts by Sparks or as everyone knows Mark Denehy. And I will now take the opportunity to answer the allegation.

Background first: As part of the requirement for funding from the Irish Sports Council the NRPAI as it was in 2002 embarked on the development of a strategy for the development of Sport Shooting. The first strategy meeting was held in Carlow and all interested parties were invited: The following attended:
    Kieran Barry
    Chairman NRPAI
    Tom Ryan
    NRPAI committee
    Declan Keogh
    NRPAI committee, Chairman of FLAG, Chairman of the Nat, Silhouette Association.
    Anthony Cooney
    National Target Shooting Association.
    Sandy Wilson
    NTSA
    Matt Fox
    NTSA
    Oliver Russell
    Irish Pony Club
    John Kennedy
    NTSA
    Nicholas Flood
    NSA
    Sean McElwain
    NRPAI committee
    Jim Griffin
    Midland Rifle Club
    John Paul Craven
    Midland Rifle Club
    Patrick O’Brien
    NTSA
    Pat O’Farrell
    Waterford Rifle Club
    P Tyrell
    Waterford Rifle Club

The meeting was moderated by Sean McElwain.

At a point in the meeting delegates from the Midland Rifle Association raised the issue of developing full bore target shooting, there was a brief discussion, so brief that the Moderator had no recollection of it when I discussed this with him yesterday, I (Declan Keogh) pointed out that the Irish Sports Council has indicated that they were unhappy with the number of different sporting associations not only ours and it was their recommendation to keep to a minimum the number of Governing Bodies as they were dealing with 72 at that point, so the point I made was that the ISC would not be welcoming another Association and I recommended that consideration be given to coming into the NRPAI under the wing of one of the existing affiliated associations.

I also pointed out that any such Group/Association or other would require a constitution and rules in order to achieve any recognition.

The Midland Rifle Club never followed up with respect to the formation of any association, no formal approach was made to the then NRPAI or any of the affiliated associations.

The Midland Rifle Association remained registered with the NRPAI for the last couple of years and only withdrew in December 2004 by way of the following communication by e-mail, not unreasonable they wanted to spend more time developing their own facility:

As we feel we cannot give our full 100% commitment to the new
    association as our establishment requires our full attention which I am
    sure you are aware of and appreciate. Therefore our Committee has decided as from now we will not be affiliating to the S.S.A.I.

All clubs and associations affiliated to the S.S.A.I. are welcome to
    the ranges of M.N.S.C.I. and we hope the same welcome will be returned by you.

Again wishing you every success in the future.

Regards
    Jim Griffin
    Secretary. M.N.S.C.I.

So it must be clear to anybody that ample opportunity would have existed should there been a desire to constitute any such fullbore body, the fact is that no approach formal or informal was made subsequent to the strategy meeting in October 2002, in addition no member of the Midland Rifle Club attended any of the follow-up strategy meetings, to which they had been invited.

With the above facts laid out I cannot see how it can be claimed that the NRPAI prevented anyone in particular the MRC from forming any body, additionally it is a bit rich trying to tie the two situations together in particular because the alleged refusal by the NRPAI would have happened back in October 2002, that is over three years ago for those who do not have a calculator.

I trust that this clarifies the matter, it is a matter of record who attended the meeting in October 2002, I am merely reporting on the proceedings despite having been the person to whom the allegation has been directed at. It is clear that no serious attempt was made in the last three years to form a full bore association by the MRC until recently of course. And as the MRC was “affiliated” to the NRPAI/SSAI up until December 2004 there were certainly channels open to them to allow such development of any association that they might have desired.

Please lets but these false accusations to bed and get on with the development and protection of the sport.

Kind Regards
    Declan Keogh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭skellig

I am not representing the N.R.A.I (just in case you think I am) this body represents itself and just for the record the N.R.A.I and M.N.S.C.I are seperate bodies.

I realise that yourself and some of your friends are having difficulty in understanding this or maybe you just dont want to .
    It really is not so bad to have a shooting association using the facilities of M.N.S.C.I .Perhaps you would prefer to use a different range as their base,if you do ,name one! Tomorrow if it is the wish of the N.R.A.I to change their headquaters they can do so its a free country (democracy and all that).

I have been on the M.N.S.C.I ranges today and enquired about the N.R.A.I and its membership you could do this too or enquire directly to the N.R.A.I .
    It has been advertised nationally --you know!

In regards to your problem with the literacy on recent post my my how sorry to offend you literary greats out there .I thought it was the content of what is written and not the actual text that counted.You claim you are not illiterate well good for you I would rather have common sense ,although to have both would indeed be better!!!:) :)

How do you join the N.R.A.I?

This so simple and easy even you should understand it Leopold . talk about dragging it out?
    Here we go again.
    To become a member of the N.R.A.I you must be a member of a club affiliated to it.
    At the moment it is not accepting individual membership.
    There are presently five clubs affiliated to it.Any club affiliating to it must have a range that functions for obvious reasons.
    I believe if you are in a rifle club you should at least have a range to practice on.Imagine the G.A.A without a pitch or God forbid a pub without beer

If you are still confused and need more information on this subject Im afraid your stuck in limbo.

skellig wrote:
    I am not representing the N.R.A.I (just in case you think I am) this body represents itself and just for the record the N.R.A.I and M.N.S.C.I are seperate bodies.

I realise that yourself and some of your friends are having difficulty in understanding this or maybe you just dont want to .
    It really is not so bad to have a shooting association using the facilities of M.N.S.C.I .Perhaps you would prefer to use a different range as their base,if you do ,name one! Tomorrow if it is the wish of the N.R.A.I to change their headquaters they can do so its a free country (democracy and all that).

I have been on the M.N.S.C.I ranges today and enquired about the N.R.A.I and its membership you could do this too or enquire directly to the N.R.A.I .

In regards to your problem with the literacy on recent post my my how sorry to offend you literary greats out there .I thought it was the content of what is written and not the actual text that counted.You claim you are not illiterate well good for you I would rather have common sense ,although to have both would indeed be better!!!:) :)

This so simple and easy even you should understand it Leopold . talk about dragging it out?
    Here we go again.
    To become a member of the N.R.A.I you must be a member of a club affiliated to it.
    There are presently five clubs affiliated to it.Any club affiliating to it must have a range that functions for obvious reasons.
    I believe if you are in a rifle club you should at least have a range to practice on.Imagine the G.A.A without a pitch or God forbid a pub without beer

If you are still confused and need more information on this subject Im afraid your stuck in limbo.

I dont think i could have put it better myself,
    I was also down in the club and asked about the N.R.A.I and what Skellig said is true.

Rew wrote:
    The end of main page show's who's online and they have been around all night.

Can you tell me whom youre talking about?
    Do it say NRAI Member?

I ment Boudica which is who Leupold was talking about and you replied to him. Let me know if I can be of more help.

Rew wrote:
    I ment Boudica which is who Leupold was talking about and you replied to him. Let me know if I can be of more help.

But Boudica is not a spokes person for the N.R.A.I

Desperate Dan would make a better read than that load of waffle you came up with. Talk about sad and scraping the bottom of the barrel,Flag.
    What has a 2002 strategic meeting got to do with 2001 when the M.R.C were rejected.
    As for the M.N.S.C.I letter to the S.S.A.I : I think they were just being nice about things and signed off without giving their real reasons.Its called tact and diplomacy better known as good manners---you should try it sometime!!!!
    They should have left the S.S.A.I long before they did. Thanks to you (a blessing in disguise) The only thing you can do now for the N.R.A.I is to sit back and continue to supress your sport and watch the N.R.A.I grow stronger.
    You know this is happening and that Flag is where your problem lies

The green eyed monster springs to mind!!!!

Leupold wrote:
    Isn't it interesting how the "possesion" of a range figures prominently in the posts of the LRAI proponents and how they seem to equate having a range to shoot on with giving the NRAI/MNSCI the right to be a governing body? They have shyed away from answering my questions even though they agreed to do so(Boudica). I am also surpised that they have not noticed my posts on the NRAI and FLAG threads where these issues are discussed.

A range is not an N.G.B thats right Leopold thats right!!
    Well done go to the top of the class and dont be looking out the window with the rest of the class:rolleyes:

God knows what gave you that idea and by the way no one has shyed away fron your question either.

Are you still confused or are you another green eyed monster??

• Advertisement

You just cant get the hang of it Leopold can you??
    Why dont you contact the N.R.A.I or visit the M.N.S.C.I ranges for info if you are so keen.
    I doubt if either group will deal with you on the boards (I wonder why)
    Get your info there and when you do why not put it on boards for us all to see.
    This might end your confusion!!:D

skellig wrote:

Here we go again.

I believe if you are in a rifle club COLOR="Red"you should at least have a range to practice on.Imagine the G.A.A without a pitch or God forbid a pub without beer[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

OK Skellig, lets take your arguments one at a time:
    First the arguments outlined in red above:
    Again you show the underlying arrogance of the NRAI/MNSCI set up which translates as " We have the only long distance range in Ireland so what we say goes" You say the NRAI and the MNSCI are different bodies but then you go on to destroy your own argument. Let me explain this statement;
    1. My understanding is that the MNSCI is a private company operated for profit.
    2. The NRAI currently only operates from the MNSCI range.
    3. If you want to join the NRAI you cannot affiliate as an individual but you must belong to a club that is "affiliated to the NRAI" But then you go on to say that you cannot affiliate to the NRAI without having a suitable range. You have also made much play of your view that the only suitable range in this country is that of the MNSCI. Therefore, you cannot affiliate to the NRAI without being affiliated to the MNSCI! What ranges do the 5 clubs you refer to shoot on?
    4. Affiliation to the MNSCI costs as much or more than most clubs charge their members in annual fees.
    5. Therefore if you want to join the NRAI you have to pay the MNSCI some money.
    6. Now, is there a potential conflict of interests showing up here in the responsbilities of running a national governing body and of locating it at the MNSCI?

On a more general note, it appears that the NRAI/MNSCI did not appreciate what it was taking on when it became the NGB for long range rifle shooting. When you get the power(which you so clearly like to flaunt whith your references to your range), you also get responsibilities which you are not discharging. I referred to these in my questions about objectives, organisation, programmes, etc.. which have gone unanswered. I believe that the nature of the relationship betweem the NRAI and the MNSCI is such that it is impossible for these responsibilities to be fullfilled without complete seperation. I do not think this will happen so I think it is only a matter of time before the NRAI ceases to be an NGB.
    Now on a lighter matter, the green quotes from above. I made no claims about my literacy. What I did was decrie the appalling use of English on some posts. You , at least, are not one of the guilty parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 MP

skellig wrote:

Here we go again.

Finally some information on how to join the NRAI! Is there a chance that you might list the affiliated clubs so that I can apply for membership of one of them? Thanks.

skellig wrote:
    You just cant get the hang of it Leopold can you??
    Why dont you contact the N.R.A.I or visit the M.N.S.C.I ranges for info if you are so keen.
    I doubt if either group will deal with you on the boards (I wonder why)
    Get your info there and when you do why not put it on boards for us all to see.
    This might end your confusion!!:D

I think is is you not me who is confused Skellig. Please go and see my recent post on the related thread to help clarify your thinking.

skellig wrote:
    A range is not an N.G.B thats right Leopold thats right!!
    Well done go to the top of the class and dont be looking out the window with the rest of the class:rolleyes:

God knows what gave you that idea and by the way no one has shyed away fron your question either.

Are you still confused or are you another green eyed monster??

You are totally correct Skellig. A range should not be an NGB but one is, for a little while longer anyway. Your reference to green eyed monsters must mean jealousy? If so it yet again demonstrates the arrogance at the heart of the NRAI/MNSCI thinking which is clearly that you think that a range is an NGB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭FLAG

skellig wrote:
    Desperate Dan would make a better read than that load of waffle you came up with. Talk about sad and scraping the bottom of the barrel,Flag.
    What has a 2002 strategic meeting got to do with 2001 when the M.R.C were rejected.
    As for the M.N.S.C.I letter to the S.S.A.I : I think they were just being nice about things and signed off without giving their real reasons.Its called tact and diplomacy better known as good manners---you should try it sometime!!!!
    They should have left the S.S.A.I long before they did. Thanks to you (a blessing in disguise) The only thing you can do now for the N.R.A.I is to sit back and continue to supress your sport and watch the N.R.A.I grow stronger.
    You know this is happening and that Flag is where your problem lies

The green eyed monster springs to mind!!!!

I was right the first time, what a horrible person you are, at least people know who I am, if you would be more specific about 2001 it would be helpful, but there again all I posted about the interviening time and the inaction in forming the said association still holds through, what a patethic response from you Skellig.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

There have been many posts that has made this allegation, many references have been made in previous posts by Sparks or as everyone knows Mark Denehy.
    Two 'n's.
    if you would be more specific about 2001 it would be helpful

He's referring to the NRPAI AGM held in 2001 in the Acadamy Hotel in Dublin, where the Midlands asked to set up an NGB within the framework of the NRPAI and were told that the NRPAI didn't want any more NGBs.

BTW, this notion that the ISC was dealing with 72 NGBs and didn't want any more ignores the fact that the ISC only deals with two bodies for shooting in Ireland, the ICPSA and the umbrella group of the NRPAI. The number of NGBs in the umbrella group was inconsequential to the ISC as they never had to worry about them individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Can I ask - how many long range fullbore ranges are there in the Republic at the moment? (I specify the Republic as the North would fall under the aegis of the UK's NRA).

hhheeeeeeellllllllllllloooooooooo Booooyyyyssssss And Girllllllllsssssss
    The Death Of Boudica Is Much Exaggeratded I Fear.

I Really Upset U Pold Sorry......lopold.... Old....... Sorry- Can't Giet Hold Of This Darn Speellling Lark. Dident Goo To Skool, U Know.

Listen Lpold, You Need A Shrink, I Would Have Said Psychiatrist, Only I Was Not Sure How To Spell It, O Look I Just Did It, Am'ent I Great.

Sorry Loopy, U Don't Mind If I Call U Loopy, Only Leupold Not Your Style.

Any Body Who Spent As Much Time As You Today Doing What You Did,I Would Like To Say Welldone. Did You Enjoy It,well Sorry, I Did'ent Read It All. All That Nagativity, Not Good.

YOU And Flag Have Written Many, Many Words, but said noting NEW

YOU Have written About History, History Is Important, But It Is Not More Important Than The Future.
    We Can Control In Some Way The Future, There Is Little That Can Be Done For The Past.

As A Member Of The NRAI I Am Very Proud. You Obviously With Flag Would Like To Sink The NRAI
    The NRAI Is Just A Fledgling At The Moment,not perfect, And Already It Is An Equal To The SSAI And That Is What Fritghens Flag/SSAI And You.

People Are Tired Of Going Around In Circles Talking About Rubbish And Rehashing That Same Rubbish And Twisting The Same Words.

NRAI Are Here To Stay,you May Not Like It, But Hay, Who Cares About You. Our Clubs And Members Are Very Happy To Have The NRAI Represent Them.

There Is One Point YOU Make which I Did Read: An NGB Should Not Have A Range, Well The NRAI Don't Have A Range. The NRAI Is Made Up Of Clubs Who Shoot On The Grounds Of The MNSCI, The MNSCI Is A Service Provider To The Clubs. Do You Understand This, I Beleive You Do Not.
    What You Would Probably Like Us To Do Is Go To The SSAI And Wait For Them To Do It For Us Like We Did Some Years Ago Well Nuts To That(as a General Once Said When Asked For His Surender).

THE TIDE OF CHANGE HAS COME, AND NOTING STAYS THE SAME

• Advertisement

[COLOR="Cyan"]I thought I would save you the trouble of changing threads so here it is spelled out in simple language.
    [/COLOR]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skellig

In regards to your problem with the literacy on recent post my my how sorry to offend you literary greats out there .I thought it was the content of what is written and not the actual text that counted.You claim you are not illiterate well good for you I would rather have common sense ,although to have both would indeed be better!!!

Here we go again.
    I believe if you are in a rifle club []you should at least have a range to practice on.Imagine the G.A.A without a pitch or God forbid a pub without beer
    [/color][/COLOR]

OK Skellig, lets take your arguments one at a time:
    First the arguments outlined in red above:
    Again you show the underlying arrogance of the NRAI/MNSCI set up which translates as " We have the only long distance range in Ireland so what we say goes" You say the NRAI and the MNSCI are different bodies but then you go on to destroy your own argument. Let me explain this statement;
    1. My understanding is that the MNSCI is a private company operated for profit.
    2. The NRAI currently only operates from the MNSCI range.
    3. If you want to join the NRAI you cannot affiliate as an individual but you must belong to a club that is "affiliated to the NRAI" But then you go on to say that you cannot affiliate to the NRAI without having a suitable range. You have also made much play of your view that the only suitable range in this country is that of the MNSCI. Therefore, you cannot affiliate to the NRAI without being affiliated to the MNSCI! What ranges do the 5 clubs you refer to shoot on?
    4. Affiliation to the MNSCI costs as much or more than most clubs charge their members in annual fees.
    5. Therefore if you want to join the NRAI you have to pay the MNSCI some money.
    6. Now, is there a potential conflict of interests showing up here in the responsbilities of running a national governing body and of locating it at the MNSCI?

On a more general note, it appears that the NRAI/MNSCI did not appreciate what it was taking on when it became the NGB for long range rifle shooting. When you get the power(which you so clearly like to flaunt whith your references to your range), you also get responsibilities which you are not discharging. I referred to these in my questions about objectives, organisation, programmes, etc.. which have gone unanswered. I believe that the nature of the relationship betweem the NRAI and the MNSCI is such that it is impossible for these responsibilities to be fullfilled without complete seperation. I do not think this will happen so I think it is only a matter of time before the NRAI ceases to be an NGB.
    Now on a lighter matter, the green quotes from above. I made no claims about my literacy. What I did was decrie the appalling use of English on some posts. You , at least, are not one of the guilty parties.

Advertisement