Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Science....

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

rob: main difference would be advanced java and telecommunications.

Ian: quick question - why is a second year ****wit trying to lobby maths access to lg12? and out of interest, arent maths almost better equipped than we are comp lab wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

crash_000 wrote:
    advanced java

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

crash_000 wrote:
    Ian: quick question - why is a second year ****wit trying to lobby maths access to lg12? and out of interest, arent maths almost better equipped than we are comp lab wise?
    Uh arguebly we could be considered to be, but we do use *nix for everything, not everyone is so bsd/linux inclinded as myself....

lg12 is half and half - they want access to there. i dunno, just dont want more knobheads (already have the engineers) in our labs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Eh, most maths students seem to be fairly nice.

• Advertisement

well with doing 2e3 last i recall the maths people would be entitled to use the labs.....

not like they will be shown how to use makefiles and g++/gcc in that course now...

and compared to the main comp labs and even other comp sci ones lg12 is nice...

as for are maths students nice...emm varies like every course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

also; lg12 is computer science territory. We rule all within it. Lobby for windows machines in your own labs if you're so pushed about it, although god knows why.

i don't want windows computers, and last time i saw the linux boxes in lg12 were mandrake which is nearly as bad...so i'm quite happy with where i am thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

edibility wrote:
    lg12 is computer science territory. We rule all within it. Lobby for windows machines in your own labs if you're so pushed about it, although god knows why.
    LG12 is also open to engineers from 2nd year on. Engineers have no labs of their own, before people start saying "omfg they don't belong there"

are you sure about this? i thought only the ict's for 2nd years, and lg12 for 3rd/4th years?? unless this has changed?

(they can use em if but swipes don't work as they arn't supposed to...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

That's straight from the mouth of the almighty education officer.....

barry aldwell is right - also lg12 access gets revoked (and rightly so) from anyone not doing c c/d d stream engineering. in fairness i say give access to the ict huts to most people - but they can **** off out of lg12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 SéamusK

crash_000 wrote:

Unnescessary personal attack on a guy you don't know crash? The fact that you have a different opinion to him on a subject does not make him a ***wit any more than it makes you one.

And the reason's behind lobbying for 2nd year maths access would probably because we do 262 (2E3) with the engineers and it appears they have access to lg12, can't see why maths students doing the same course shouldn't be allowed the same access. Seen as we are doing our programming on windows machines, and there are CS windows machines in lg12.

ah bugger off. it was an off to cuff comment to me, his m8...

and its probally only that way cause he's was a great moaner as class rep....personally i agree with crash that neither group needs lg12 access.... if i had my way it would be restricted to 4th years...nice n quiet none of u pup's...then i'd consider using it.

in summary - go climb up your hole and go **** yourself. i could care less about your views. after talking to he person in question this evening, his reasons for requesting access (.net usability) are not qualifed in his request, so please refrain from commenting to me on the topic in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

S&#233 wrote: »
    can't see why maths students doing the same course shouldn't be allowed the same access. Seen as we are doing our programming on windows machines, and there are CS windows machines in lg12.
    You've access to ICT afaik anyway. Isn't that enough. No need to invade LG12.

EDIT: Anyone
    > Anyway. (Thanks Brian)

Oh, and before you say anything else, i in fact told el SF class rep EXACTLY how to go about requesting CS access, and telling him where and what he might and definitely will not get acess to - including who was teh current head of course (not listed on the website) and where to find her on people finder. so i repeat, before you open your mouth to spew **** all over the walls and upset all teh fine residents living here, think about how it feels to spend your entire life regretting what you've said here.

crash_000 wrote:
    upset all teh fine residents living here
    Wooo

Although the rest of your post was rather rude

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

crash_000 wrote:

Is Crash drunk? And is he an angry drunk?

I'm tired. i'm sleepy, i'm slightly hungover. i dont exactly need Mr. Kelly backing up his mate over stupid points when blatantly if Ciaran had the guts to get up and be willing to speak on four different unseconded motions, then he can surely back up his points without you spewing crap, nes paz?

Edit: crash is not drunk. crash is pissed off because i think seamusK is talking out of his arsehole on a topic that if would like to sit down and talk face to face with me, i very willingly will, but otherwise, he's just being a moany **** with too much flange in his vagina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

crash_000 wrote:
    too much flange in his vagina.

20123rol.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Don't forget:
    e66d8fe5d9.gif

...Ok so i was drunk. stand by what i said though :)

€3 entry.
    Loads of 'Refreshments'* and snacks.

Heading on to Bruxelles afterwards.
    Come along, it'll be a laugh.

*And i mean LOADS

Advertisement