Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you celebrating Xmas?

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Marts wrote:
    Chris Krindle(sp?)

Chris Cringle

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Red-B

I absolutely love Christmas. I was reared a Catholic but don't believe in it anymore. The reason I love Christmas so much is because it's a time for family and friends. I feel its more of a cultural holiday than a religious one anyway. Winter is dreary and depressing enough in this country, we could do with a bit of joy and happiness in the midst of it all. I know a lot of people don't enjoy it for their own reasons but what harm is it doing? I've started to find the build up to Christmas very difficult as my husband doesn't celebrate it. He'll enjoy the day with me because I instigate everything but if it wasn't for me he would gladly sit at home and treat it like any other day. I understand that he is that way because of his parents. They never had Santa or celebrated Christmas in any way, and home life was not enjoyable for him. But he finds it hard to understand why I love it so much. The last few Christmases have been been good as we've spent it with family, but now its getting to the stage where he just wants the few days off to relax and not bother with family (he works a lot so says he doesn't get much time to relax). I dont know how to make him understand what christmas means to me. I try explaining every year but he just doesn't get it. Will he feel differently once we start to have kids? It has come to the stage where I dread the few months coming up to Christmas as I know we'll end up fighting about how and where we're going to spend it. I live a few hours away from my family so don't get to spend it with them every year. He says for me to go and spend it with them but I don't want to spend Christmas without him. I don't know how to do this every year. Anyone got any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

My advice would be to post this question around Dec 15th...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Wow. Talk about rssurection...

Oh wait. That's Easter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

ngug0i.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Holy resurrected threads Batman.

It's August, I can't sleep with the heat, give us all a break.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement