Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you celebrating Xmas?

Options
  • 08-11-2005 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I think I'll spend this year in bed for most of the day with a blue eyed blonde and a bottle of Jack.

Anyone else hate this greedy time of year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Absolutly hate it. Went into Dunnes yesterday and they had christmas music on - just felt like finding the nearest blade and doing damage to meself!!!! haha
    Its a horrible depressing time of the year - i never liked it. Roll on the summer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

theres too many sad people in the world:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I for one love Christmas, its a fantastic time of year where I get to spend quality time with my family and loved ones.

So yes I will definitely be celebrating Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

christmas is great, deffo celebrating

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd much rather celebrate Festivus....

Actually I'll probably do what I did last year and just spend the day in the office... There will be too many family members at home that I'm not on speaking terms with...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

Its the only day of the year that you can sit in and eat and booze all day. Plus you get to spend time with your family. But the two month build up to one day... the shops just love milking the holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Yay to Christmas!! hehe

I am definatly going to celebrate Christmas!! Starting from now!...

"Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way..........."

Hehe.. I love Christmas!.. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Going to Costa Rica for that special time of year. No iea if I'll actually celebrate it.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Tbh I'd rather celebrate Wintereenmas!
    I'm far too long working in retail at this stage to really enjoy Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

Ya miserable pack of feckers! How can you not enjoy Chrsitmas? its the best time of year, the mood is electric and its party season.... my only problem with Christmas is the fact that I end up resembling Mrs Claus in terms of roundness once the celebrations are done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Meh, Christmas. Christmas lost all its "magic" for me, when my sister stopped believing in Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

^^^

Thats the thing, i have a 6 year old brother so it's cool...

personally i love christmas, arrived at my mums house last year on christams eve and it started snowing, almost right on cue...

it was magic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I love christmas, although its my first christmas since moving out of home (i'll be back for dinner though), so I'm not sure how its going to be.

Girlfriend wants to put up decorations and what not, couldnt be arsed doing it but if she wants to put them and take them down she can, I'll let her!! :p

*Kicks all the party poopers up the arse!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Christmas is nothing special. overpriced everything, people shopping like the end of the world is coming ( I mean do you *really* need 3 shopping trolleys full of stuff for 3 days of shops closed??) rubbish on TV, nothing to do cos it's wet and cold and icky, pubs jammers with langered work parties, no taxis, crap luas and nitelink service. I can't actually see any good in the whole bloody thing other than a couple of days holidays in the most miserable time of the year. And don't give me the "oh it's such a great family time" lark - if family are so important to you why don't you go see them more often, when the weather is nicer in summer say?
    Best christmas I ever had was when I went away snowboarding for Xmas and New Years. Wish I had the money to that every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

One simple answer: NO :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Girlfriend wants to put up decorations and what not, couldnt be arsed doing it but if she wants to put them and take them down she can, I'll let her!! :p[/QUOTE]

God you sound like my bf... I had to campaign for a week last year for a xmas tree and even at that we ended up with one of those 1ft hight pre-decorated jobs... was kinda cute tho :p

My favourite part of xmas is my roast dinner at my mams and then going back to my apartment with the bf to open our pressies to each other, have a few glasses of wine and have a cuddle :D Bliss

I do agree that the run up to the big day has become something of a joke, its like a race for the shops to see who can get the xmas stock out the quickest... It wont be long before they dont even bother letting halloween pass before putting up the santa's and snowmen :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

xzanti wrote:
    God you sound like my bf... I had to campaign for a week last year for a xmas tree and even at that we ended up with one of those 1ft hight pre-decorated jobs... was kinda cute tho :p

Good idea that, I'm going to make her convince me that we need decorations. The convincing can entail whatever she feels nessecary!! :p (except of course dumping me)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

i remember i was dreading last christmas. I ended up drinking a bottle of Midleton rare with my uncle. so it was far more pleasant than i thought it would be.

Midleton rare is worth the money by the way.

:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good idea that, I'm going to make her convince me that we need decorations. The convincing can entail whatever she feels nessecary!! :p (except of course dumping me)
    What about torture? :p

I'll be celebrating Christmas, yehhh!!! I love Christmas, it's great having the family all together! Unfortunately one of my brothers is gonna be in Australia, so that's a bit of a bummer :( Ahh well, I'm sure it'll still be good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Miserable pack of feckers indeed. Think about this, if we didnt have christmas there would be no time of year when everyone is off together & one year would just flow into the next with no break from work.

Christmas for me is about christmas eve (one of the best piss ups of the year) followed by a load of family time & days off, enjoying the experience for what it is. Not bemoaning what it isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Midleton rare is worth the money by the way.

:v:
    Yes... Yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

well I do enjoy christmas, but I work in a pub so the run up to the special day is a real pain in the arse! the great bit is the Chris Krindle(sp?) that we have, always good for a laugh, and on or two of the girls makes hash brownies, 2 or 3 of them and you're high as a kite!

I also like the family aspect of the day, I mean you could say "well if you like them so much meet up like that all the time" well I do meet my relatives a lot but none of the meetings are nearly as good as the Christmas one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Ah yeah im a big fan of christmas. I dont like the fact that you are forced into buying all these presents but I love the way there are always loads of good films on tv. Christmas Eve is one of the best p1ss ups of the year and the pubs are jammed. Then CHristmas day is great when your chilling with the family having a few drinks, eating the nicest dinner of the year. You gotta love christmas time.

Ill be in London for a bit this year too so im really looking forward to it

I love the lead up to Christmas!!

..... Shopping is great fun!!!! ....

.... Putting up the tree... and the lights!!!!... And writing christmas cards!!
    wrapping presents!!!!

Oh christmas is greaaat!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

lisamon wrote:
    I love the lead up to Christmas!!

..... Shopping is great fun!!!! ....

.... Putting up the tree... and the lights!!!!... And writing christmas cards!!
    wrapping presents!!!!

They are all the things I hate but once you get past that stage then its great fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I can't understand how anyone can't like Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Red Kooga

I'd much rather celebrate Festivus....

Actually I'll probably do what I did last year and just spend the day in the office... There will be too many family members at home that I'm not on speaking terms with...

Id much to prefer to work the whole festive season and take 2 weeks off in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I love Christmas...its fantastic. Not so much the day itself but everything leading up to it.Plus the fact that I live in an area where it snows every Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

Binomate wrote:
    I can't understand how anyone can't like Christmas.

Ah, come on, its pretty simple really! Christmass is supposed to be a happy time, but not all families or individuals are happy. And being stuck in a house with family members screaming at each other all day is not exactly fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement