Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[G.F.F] COD 2 server up and running.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Arabel wrote:
    So you on there last night and there were absolutly no problems at all. So your are more then welcome to back anytime you want. :D
    Yeh, it was grand. When i first went on my ping was about 270 or so with there been 10-12 players. By the last game of HQ in Caen i was around the 200 mark cause there was fewer players. Even managed to cap Cully a couple of times ;) .

There seems to be quiet a high standard of players, especially with the long range rifle shots and the odd sniper. The M1 Garand would be my own personal weapon of choice but that's probably cause i've watched Band of Brothers too often :) .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah Delly i didnt notice you lag once last night.
    Glad you had fun on the server,always nice for more Irish players to join us for some fun :)
    Dont forget our webbie if ya wanna pop by to meet some more mad GFFers :)
    Your more than welcome on our TS but that might be a bit much for your conection?
    When you say dial up do you mean 56k or isdn?
    The reason i ask is i used to play no hassle on isdn and run teamspeak.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Its pure 56k but i use a payed account from Eircom which i reckon makes the difference. With IOL free i get 6kb/s but with Eircom i'm getting 12kb/s :confused: . Can't explain it, but it suits me until i get broadband.

Teamspeak is talking with a mic etc.? Don't have one myself, but it does work all right. I have had it disabled, but i'll turn it on next time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

OK this is a REALLY SILLY QUESTION. How do I find your server? I know the IP but where the hell do I enter it in COD to connect?

I can obviously get the list of servers up and I usually just connect to the lowest ping which has a decent number of people on it. What name does the server appear as?

Please feel free to tell me to RTFM if needs be and I will go search for it.
    I am probably missing something really obvious but I couldnt see any option for entering a specific server address when I last went looking for it.

In fairness i was the same at first.

Click on the source option which will rotate between LOCAL -> INTERNET -> FAVORITES . In favorites theres an option to add new favorite, enter the server name G.F.F. (doesn't have to be exact), then enter the IP address as 195.242.236.40:28960

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Thanks for that Delly. Only got BB two weeks ago so finally able to play COD online..now if Clearwire could sort out their latency issues everything would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

If you cant find the server on the list then bring down the console and type in (including the /)

/connect 195.242.236.40:28960

That should get you there. See you on the server Ludo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

OR, and I really believe this to be the best option, download the All Seeing Eye. Perfect for finding/filtering servers, adding favourites, etc etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Dane

OR, and I really believe this to be the best option, download the All Seeing Eye. Perfect for finding/filtering servers, adding favourites, etc etc...

Or use HLSW ..and add you favorites in there :p
    http://www.hlsw.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Are you guys going to run DM?

waaaaa, I want DM damn it! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Nope, HQ and Capture the Flag right now.

I've enough of kinstr and his shotgun as it is, if thay started playing DM i'd be rightly fecked ;)

/EDIT your sig gff link aint working btw

delly wrote:

/EDIT your sig gff link aint working btw

oops, fixed now:o

Quick update lads, we are now running HQ and S&D for a trial period.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

S&D on G.F.F??? :eek: Will definitely be coming to have a look! ;)

Another Update:D
    The server is now running with S&D,HQ,CTF and TDM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Got CoD2 yesterday and was waiting to come online to join the GFF server. problem is when I went into the Join menu first of all took ages to get any servers into the list.

So I went into Favorites and added in a favorite. Tried to enter in the IP of the GFF server and spent about 20 mins trying to enter it, when I got past the firts digit and then . once I started to enter in the digits again it would just keep over writing, this pi**ed me off no end but after 20 mins got it all entered in, click ok and nothing, wasn't listed in favorites or nothing. Am I doing something wrong? or is ASE working with CoD2 now. The in game browser is terrible. The ingame browser in BF2 is 10 times better

It doesn't show up in my favorites ethier, but i select the command button next to one and enter CONNECT 195.242.236.40

Try www.hlsw.net Nelly.
    Just add your fav servers ip for most games in there and you can monitor them in realtime,none of this refresh list crapology.
    Used it for years.
    I use ASE to find servers and any favs i just add to hlsw.
    Also a great way to admin several servers at once with rcon.

Will try it when I get home tonight. Hopefully get a few games in. Got connected to some mad french server last night. You need to use irn sight it seems? I was standing behind cornor, seen guy come around. Started shooting with machine gun....he turns around and bang....me dead:mad:

• Advertisement

Oh yeah ironsights all the way,very few of our lads use crosshairs,turn them off for a better experience m8.

Dcully wrote:
    Oh yeah ironsights all the way,very few of our lads use crosshairs,turn them off for a better experience m8.

Was thinking so. was only on for about 30 mins last nite. So used to BF2 control kept hitting the run button. Was getting an ass whopping so had a run on single player to try and get used to control

I am a n00b again:D

I was on a server recently that had a RUN mod linked to the USE button. Worked well as it only had a limited use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

ok I gotta get back into this too played it about 10 times online !!

GFF again !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

delly wrote:
    I was on a server recently that had a RUN mod linked to the USE button. Worked well as it only had a limited use

Would have been the beta for the AWE they're working on for CoD2 probably. A few mates servers are running it. Can be good fun in small doses.

Advertisement