Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a Celebrity ...........

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

The sooner the better this crap is over!

I was a big fan of the previous couple of years but this year's show is pure sh*t!

I wouldnt even class these people as celebrities, but hey its for charity!!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    how long is that crap on for anyway??

Too long!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

too long is right frank

So Vic is gone then!

Dont think he'll be missed - he's not the person I thought he'd be, wasnt entertaining in the sligthest! I thought he'd be hilarious, he was great on all his shows with Bob Mortimer.

I'd say Huggy will go tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Yeah I`d say Huggy will go tonight. His game plan seems to be say nothing and when you do make sure its "words of wisdom".

He is too boring - Janet and Paul snapping at each other is what we want!

Agree that Vic/Jim was very quiet but I had heard that he is quite a quiet person off screen.

Really liked Nancy though and can see why they are together. At first i thought she was going to be an annoying model type but she was actually a really nice person and funny too.

• Advertisement

flikflak wrote:
    Yeah I`d say Huggy will go tonight. His game plan seems to be say nothing and when you do make sure its "words of wisdom".

Cant believe Huggy didnt go out last night - he's so boring!

Have to say Im starting to like Paul now, he was quite funny yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Nah im glad the other one went out!she's a bit headwrecking!

Now i hope yer one Janet goes now!She has a voice that goes through my head!Plus the others would have to cook then!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Trigger! wrote:
    Now i hope yer one Janet goes now!She has a voice that goes through my head!Plus the others would have to cook then!

She's funny though. At least she's mucking in unlike Sheila who went last night. She was great at giving orders and sitting around.

I'd say/hope Huggy will go tonight

rebel72 wrote:
    She's funny though. At least she's mucking in unlike Sheila who went last night. She was great at giving orders and sitting around.

I'd say/hope Huggy will go tonight

Yeah maybe she would be funny if could actually hear and understand her through that screech that goes on in your head!

Maybe its just me i dunno what she says half the time!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Watched an hour of it the other day....dire. Like most reality tv, except starring pseudo-famous losers doing pointless ****e.

"It's for charity". Big bloody wow. Am I the only person who thinks that, if charity was the main concern, perhaps the money spent on producing the entire show could have just been donated straight off, instead of being spent on putting a bunch of idiots on tv? (and, please, no excuses about publicity. I don't think any charity in the world benefits in a tangible sense from being associated with Natalie appleton whining at length about mouldy fishheads)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

I agree its a big pile of crap...but I end up watching it anyway...hmm

I hope they keep Paul and Janet in it...they are the most entertaining of the lot.

I think perhaps Paul will probably win.

I hope Sophie goes soon...(if she has not already)..I can't stand her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Its possibly the worst programme ever aired!!

So Huggy's gone - dont think he'll be really missed by anyone in the camp!

Not many left now, Id say the last two left will be Joe and Janet/Paul, hope Joe wins, he's quite funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Fysh wrote:
    Watched an hour of it the other day....dire. Like most reality tv, except starring pseudo-famous losers doing pointless ****e.

"It's for charity". Big bloody wow. Am I the only person who thinks that, if charity was the main concern, perhaps the money spent on producing the entire show could have just been donated straight off, instead of being spent on putting a bunch of idiots on tv? (and, please, no excuses about publicity. I don't think any charity in the world benefits in a tangible sense from being associated with Natalie appleton whining at length about mouldy fishheads)

What gets me, is that you never hear what charities the "celebs" are supporting, or who the money goes to when it is over. Not even a mention on the website, plus only about half of the cost of the votes goes to charity... its all an excuse to get their gobs on tv. Yer man Brian said when he was evicted that his agent had told him a pack of lies that they all got pizza when the cameras were off and he never would have gone otherwise!!!!
    thats doing it for charity alright!

What gets me, is that you never hear what charities the "celebs" are supporting, or who the money goes to when it is over.

They always ask the celeb who wins which charity they are supporting on the last night of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Fair enough, but it's still only one charity mentioned in the whole fortnight of programming.

I would have thought that the "celebs" should be plugging the charity throughout?

So it down to the last three.... Paul, Fran and Joe.

Who do you think will win?

Id say it'll be between Paul and Joe meself!

I'd say Paul will win...

Ro_79 wrote:
    I'd say Paul will win...

Yeah - he has been quite fuuny over the past few days alright - apart from yesterday whe he was fighting with Fran - he was acting like a right baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Haven't really been following it, but was watching it a few days ago. Pauls challenge with the hellholes had me laughing out loud... it was very funny stuff.

• Advertisement

TmB wrote:
    Haven't really been following it, but was watching it a few days ago. Pauls challenge with the hellholes had me laughing out loud... it was very funny stuff.

Ha ha - yeah - that was one of the funniest ones Ive seen! The trial last night was funny too - all four of them had to climb their way to the top of a mud slide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

What exactly does Fran do?

Owns a nightclub!dated some chick from Atomic Kitten!

Is that thing not over yet!

I think i heard they were announcing the winner in last nights one!did anyone win it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Joe will win, no doubt

Trigger! wrote:
    Owns a nightclub!dated some chick from Atomic Kitten!

Is that thing not over yet!

I think i heard they were announcing the winner in last nights one!did anyone win it yet?

Final is on tonight at 9:00 - its between Fran, Joe and Paul.

Yes, so Joe won after all...

I am glad Paul and Joe were the last two left in the jungle.

I totally agree, Paul's bushtucker trial tonight was the funniest thing I have ever seen! I was litterally PML! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ro_79 wrote:
    Yes, so Joe won after all...

I am glad Paul and Joe were the last two left in the jungle.

I totally agree, Paul's bushtucker trial tonight was the funniest thing I have ever seen! I was litterally PML! :D
    Paul's bushtucker trial on Saturday - "Hell-holes" - was much funnier in my opinion!

Knew Joe would win from the start.. so no real suprise tonight!

Can't believe Fran Cosgrove lasted so long.. who kept voting for that knob? :)

basquille wrote:
    Paul's bushtucker trial on Saturday - "Hell-holes" - was much funnier in my opinion!

Knew Joe would win from the start.. so no real suprise tonight!

Can't believe Fran Cosgrove lasted so long.. who kept voting for that knob? :)

No way - last nights was the funniest bush tucker ever, Paul was hilarious!

Was really hoping Paul would win and not Joe - Paul deserved it much more than Joe did - Joe just sat back and kept his mouth shut for the whole series - but he was funny at some points alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

is it true ITV lost £70 million with this series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I read that in the paper yesterday, but an ITV spokes person said their getting huge audiences of 8 million plus per night and that it one of their highly successful programmes.

Well paying b-list celebs €170,000 for appearing is the start of their troubles but I can't imagine they would lose £70 million with the amount of adverts they do, I can't even imagine the whole series costing £70 millio

Advertisement