Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2005

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'd still go if I didn't like any of the bands. it's all about the atmosphere.

EDIT: But they should definatly get the Crue to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Looking really "meh" this year. Not only have all these bands have played in Ireland in recent memory, but the three headliners that are confirmed so far are the same headliners that played Witnness 2002 (aswell as Ian Brown). Would be nice to get from fresh blood over here...

Green Day
    Foo Fighters
    The Prodigy
    Ian Brown
    The Killers
    Bloc Party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭froggie_1

how quick do ye think the tix will go for this one lads.... really dont want to miss out but dont want to be queing all night either....

will i be ok do yeh think on the internet at work early on fri 18th???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

froggie_1 wrote:
    how quick do ye think the tix will go for this one lads.... really dont want to miss out but dont want to be queing all night either....

will i be ok do yeh think on the internet at work early on fri 18th???
    Oh jesus yeah. Won't sell out that quick at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Last year was the first time Witnness/Oxegen sold out prior to the event(and that was probably due to David Bowie who ended up cancelling), don't believe MCDs hype.

• Advertisement

I don't think it was mainly due to David Bowie to be fair. There were people paying double the face value for tickets in the few days leading up to the festival. I'd blame it more on MCD's hype then anything else. Changing the name to Oxegen, having a little sun as the logo. People are idiots.

Keane confirmed on oxegen site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Killers playing too. Yippee. Not being sarcastic, I really mean it; Yippee.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

oh god not keane.... how wonderfully bland can a band be...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

The Streets and Kasabian confirmed for Oxegen.

Hmm, The Streets. Bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

wont be goin to see either of them to be honest, well maybe if rotten fruit was supplied to throw at the stage i'd go see the streets, hate him/them/it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

comet wrote:
    Last year was the first time Witnness/Oxegen sold out prior to the event(and that was probably due to David Bowie who ended up cancelling), don't believe MCDs hype.

Sold out in 2003 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I can confirm too that I won't be attending this shambles of a festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

qz wrote:
    The Streets and Kasabian confirmed for Oxegen.

The Streets I wouldn't be particularly over excited about but Kasabian ...... wow! If they play it will be the final conformation for me that I have to go this year.

Anyways word on the street is that Charlie from Busted's new band Fightstar are apparently going to play Oxegen! Oh yes aswell as many great bands playing we get what shall be called a bottlefest for our personal entertainment :)

Charlie ..... Ireland is waiting for you!!! :D

Anyways word on the street is that Charlie from Busted's new band Fightstar are apparently going to play Oxegen! Oh yes aswell as many great bands playing we get what shall be called a bottlefest for our personal entertainment :)

Charlie ..... Ireland is waiting for you!!! :D
    Could be wrong but I though Fightstar were around before Busted. Or during anyway. Suppose we should all make it our business to disregard any band playing at the same time and go and bottle Fightstar. Yeah, then we can say how **** they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

penexpers wrote:
    Sold out in 2003 too.

No it didn't day tickets were still available on teh day, only weekend tickets sold out

Oxegen sister festival announces headliners

FOO FIGHTERS and GREEN DAY are to headline this year’s T IN THE PARK festival in Scotland.

A host of other bands have also been confirmed, including The Killers, Ian Brown, Kasabian, Prodigy, Audioslave, Embrace, Keane, Razorlight, Biffy Clyro, The Streets, Beautiful South and The Coral.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

T in the Park always manages to get a slightly better lineup then Oxegen - must try going there some time...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The Frames have now also been added....

Can't wait to see Kasabian!! They're fooking deadly!

Hope Green Day are announced.... kinda bored of Foo Fighters now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

seems like a yawnfest to me! i'd only go to see Beck (think he'll be touring with new album) and Prodigy. think Glasto is the place to be this year....other than Kylie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The Frames play Witnness/Oxegen every two years. It's inevidable.

Lineup is still way too familier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

Frames are class live band...never get sick of them..I read on NME.com that coldplay are probably playing Glastonbury Festival..Do the most of the same bands that play at the Glastonbury Festival play Oxegen?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Yeah glad the frames are back, thought over last years debacle they might not play it again. I don't think the glastonbury bands are likely to play Oxegen - usually the T in the Park bands are te same though

thought over last years debacle they might not play it again
    What you mean by that?Is the glastonbury gig related to any concert over here then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

james brown of all people has been confirmed for oxegen what a load of c**k

How come Greenday Have yet to be confirmed at the gig...just cos James Brown is playing a festival similar to Oxegen in England dont mean he will play ere...He hasnt been confirmed yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

James Brown "A Load of Cock"
    What pathetic little place are you from!!
    This man is a legend, reason enough to go I would say.
    You would be amazed at the influence he has had over music and he is the most sampled artist in the world, so some of your favorite music will have a little bit of James brown in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

James brown has been confirmed http://www.nme.com/news/111398.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

James brown has been confirmed http://www.nme.com/news/111398.htm

SWEET! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Not so sure about the line-up so far but I'll go because I always end up going for the atmosphere in the camp-site more than anything else.Saw only what I really wanted to see last year and had a ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

If James Browns gonna be there, I'm going.

Advertisement