Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2005

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

would marilyn manson play that type gig? would like to see them
    Not entirely impossible - they definitely played Rock-Am-Ring before, not quite Oxegen but it's a festival... (so there's hope).

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

....You simply DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY.....
    I was being sarcastic here, whats wrong with you people, it was a line from his post. I followed it up by saying, "We could go on all day".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Buying a ticket in December for a gig next July the line-up of which you don't know. It sounds ridiculous, it is ridiculous, don't do it. Its Christmas though, i may just flush a fifty down the toilet just to get in the mood, seasons greetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

thing is most people like myself are p[rob gonna go no matter who plays, ill prob wait tho, a tenner saving now is insane to be down 130 at christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

sounds much better then last year line-up

green day, AC/DC sweet

• Advertisement

comet wrote:
    Buying a ticket in December for a gig next July the line-up of which you don't know. It sounds ridiculous, it is ridiculous, don't do it.
    I agree but it's something that has started happening in the UK this year and I guess they're just trying to cash in too. T in the Park tickets went on sale straight after this years finished also Reading tickets have been available and that's not til the end of August!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

I dunno, if you know your going to go then buy your ticket + save a tenner.

I'd really like to see:
    Hot Hot Heat,
    Muse,
    Audioslave,
    Lamb,
    HIM (reeeeally good live),
    Yeah Yeah Yeah's,
    The Killers,
    2many DJ's

and THE SUN! (no rain plez!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Hot Hot Heat have a new album due as well, can't wait!

good call on hot hot heat, they'd be good support for foos, on the other night manson+him *waits for ban*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

good call on hot hot heat, they'd be good support for foos, on the other night manson+him *waits for ban*
    Wouldn't mind seeing Hot Hot Heat. Festival's about the only place I would go to them though. I should probably listen to Manson sometime soon. I hear very good things. And as for HIM. All this talk of them makes me very interested...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

jmc wrote:
    Hot Hot Heat have a new album due as well, can't wait!

Yeeeeeeh! I didn't know that! Oh, the anticipation!

And I totally forgot: Aur de Maur - sooooo gud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

QOTSA would be sweet, not much chance of that happening though. Foos would be good and maybe Velvet Revolver (missed out on tickets for point gig)

The Prodigy are now confirmed as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Motley Crue would be cool. They're touring next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

i posted a release from mcd on the prodigy in the music board by mistake...if you want a read
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=209236

Due Due to phenomenal demand (mainly from parents looking for a unique Xmas
    present) festival organizers are extending the Special Early Bird offer
    until 6PM on 4 January 2005.
    Where the hell is the logic in that? - who buys xmas presents up until the 4th???

Is there any indication what positions these acts will be put at? They're both good but wouldn't consider either of them headliners...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea!!!!!1 prodigy and foo fighters will make for a great two nights to finish off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The Prodigy? Jeez, this is turning into Witnness 2002. Only Green Day to go now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Green Day played Witness? :confused:
    BTW whats the story with security at oxegen,by that i mean what are the chances of me(16)getting in?

I've never heard of anyone not getting in because of age. They say it's over 18's. But you still need ID for the bar. Last year there was a form you could fill out online and print out that gave you permission to go if you were under age. You had to get a special wrist band I think. And you needed someone who was 18+ with you. They were supposed to be responsible for you the whole time. But I'm sure it's quite possible to get in without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Got my ticket already, though if Eminem gets confirmed I may have to rethink given the numbers of out and out scumbags he'd attract. May as well book Aslan to support if they go with Eminem as a headline...

Pleased about Foo Fighters though I'm completely ambivalent about the Prodigy...

Would love to see some or all of:

Green Day, Radiohead, Snow Patrol, Travis, Hope of The States, Placebo, Therapy?, Coldplay, Morrisey, Ash, Keane, Biffy Clyro, Neil Young, Bowie, The Revs, David Kitt, Mark Geary, R.E.M.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Zzz.

Ian Brown has now been confirmed for this year’s festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If enimenem is at oxegen next year then it'll be aload of ****, there was some dodgy acts at it last year but he would just be too low to go for a proper music festival.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

DadaKopf wrote:
    Zzz.
    Agreed. This festival is a worthless pile. Get a bus together and take a spin over to an English festival.

draffodx wrote:
    If enimenem is at oxegen next year then it'll be aload of ****, there was some dodgy acts at it last year but he would just be too low to go for a proper music festival.

overeacting a bit? i dont like rap music but i imagine he'd get a good atmosphere and crowd going, i'd go see if no one i liked was on at same time

he'd get a good atmosphere and crowd going
    He may get the crowd going, but it's the crowd that would go that I wouldn't be a fan of.

Good news about Ian Brown though. He should be good...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭fitz

Ian Brown can't sing live at all...he's brutal.
    Not a great addition to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

maybe a tad of over reaction there but i really dont like him, he would drag along a crowd who are into completely different music than i'd normally associate with witnness/oxegen,

I remember this time last year the line up for Oxegen had a pretty bad start but it picked up fairly well later on, probably be the same this year.

• Advertisement

MCD only announced these three acts so they could sell tickets at Christmas time when more people would buy them. They're all sufficiently different acts to appeal to the largest possible audience and encourage people to buy tickets as gifts. The more they sell now the less money they have to spend on getting more bands to play.

Advertisement