Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Cadbury's roses made you gag as a kid

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Coffee creams.
    Ahh, I remember one of my sister's friends had a family of Strawberry and Orange cream haters, and so after christmas she'd give me a big bag full of 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

my family are the same. i always get loads of them.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

them bloody triangle one's....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Never cared for those coffee ones. The rest were lovely (I wasn't adventurous enough to try the strawberry/orange ones though, these days I love them).

The new roses are pretty much all mank IMO.

(PS: Nice one boycotting the Chocolate forum with this one :p)

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Oh while we're on this topic, was it only in my family that people still called them "Irish Roses" years after they started importing them from England?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

No my family did as well.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Turkish clearly. Forged by Lucifer himself. It's like eating solid perfume.

Strawberry cream and orange cream ones aren't great though when you've already had a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

those fookin coffee ones...urghhh! my relations used to give them to me for a laugh until i spat them up on a lovely white wollen jumper of one of my aunts. that thought the fookers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

What about cocoanut? Bloody hated them. LOVED orange and coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Funnily enough, I used to love (and still do) the coffee and strawberry creams. They'd always be the very first ones I'd go for. Also love those hazelnut-in-caramel-wrapped-in-chocolate ones that come in a purple wrapper. Used to never like the caramel barrel-type ones but I don't mind them too much these days. I guess my tastes have become more sophisticated over the years! :D

Mmmmmm, me can't wait for Christmas and the diving-into-the-tin-of-Roses that will take place! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement