Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Cadbury's roses made you gag as a kid

Options
  • 23-11-2004 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as its nearly christmas and nearly time when the big tins of roses get broken out, I thought I would ask the question

Which cadbury's roses sweets ended up making the dog have a happy christmas?

Personally it was them half round ones with the orange and strawberry cream in them.

I could eat hundreds of the coffee ones and the little dairy milk and borneville ones though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Sorry Billy, but it has to be the bloody coffee ones. They make me gag!!! Plus the yucky turkish delight. I love the caramel ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

has to be the coffee ones!!! i usually get a tin of celebrations now rather than roses!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

strawberry

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

No more Bournville these days in Roses :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

anything apart from stawberry and carmel ones all the rest were sick!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

coffe and orange ones always made me sick, but i always kept eatin them anyway... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

any of the nutty ones...

remember when you would go rooting through the tin 5 or 6 weeks after xmas praying there was a caramel keg or (one of your fav ones) that everybody missed, but never to any avail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

just the coffee, but these days roses are different

it's not like the old days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

The strawberry at first, but nowdays I wub them.
    It's an aquired taste I think, like turnips and cabbage I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Coffee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

That damn coffee one, especially when your lying in the dark watching the christmas films, pick up any ould choccy and shove the whole thing in and chew, then *boom* the nasty coffee taste kicks in!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hated the coffee ones and those extremely hard toffees, cant remember what they were :) loved the caramel barrels and the hazelnut in caramel. Think i'll treat myself to a tub of Roses for Christmas haha

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

coffee ugh!
    loved the long purple one with a nut covered in runny toffee. once had a family row cause somebody ate my fav. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

the orange ones.. yuck!! I just can't get to like orange flavoured chocolates .. not that I haven't tried!! it's like turkish delight.. just can't get to like it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

despite my surname (people who know me can vouch for this) i cant stand the coffe ones, they just make me pull a face "BLEURGH"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

coffee or orange. they just shouldn't be in there at all.

although my mum was mad for both, so it worked out okay for everyone in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Any with nuts and coffee.
    Coffee are the worst though, especially when you're going by shape and not looking, you think it's a strawberry only for it to be coffee. Ugh.
    O/T coffee icecream is horrible too, I dunno how anyone could eat it. Coffee cake too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

anything with a soft gooey centre ewww
    specially when they been left lyin around lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Coffee first, then orange. I never minded the strawberry ones which was handy 'cause there was always loads of them left for me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Uuggghhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

The crunchy Peanur brittle ones, (Gag!)
    `

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Coffee Creams of course.

But nowadays since I've become addicted to àctual drink coffee itself I find the 'Turkish delights'/'strawberry' to be the least palatable of all.

//

On a related note did anyone else ever play 'russian roulette' with Revels? Revels looked like maltesers but came 5 diff flavours and the loser would be the first to pick a coffee flavoured one out of the bag and eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Pigman II wrote:
    Coffee Creams of course.

But nowadays since I've become addicted to àctual drink coffee itself I find the 'Turkish delights'/'strawberry' to be the least palatable of all.

//

On a related note did anyone else ever play 'russian roulette' with Revels? Revels looked like maltesers but came 5 diff flavours and the loser would be the first to pick a coffee flavoured one out of the bag and eat it.

personally I would rather play russian roulette with a loaded handgun.

I take it so that its mostly the ones with the goo in them made people gag the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I used to love the coffee ones and you cant get them anymore. Sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

truffle - those ones are bollow. you know the green triangled ones in quality street - filth.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Loved them all, especially the coffees ones. Although mixed smell of all the flavours makes me gag a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

That reminds me of the competition I used to do with my sister. We used to get all the coffee and Orange creams and see who could down the most within a minute.
    Or who could gag the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Orange and strawberry - yuck!

I liked the Coffee ones even if they wouldn't be my first choice.

I loved the mini chocolate bar ones and the hazlenut twirls!

Although anyone who thinks Roses are still a good present ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I'd buy a box for someone if I didn't really want to buy them a present but felt I had to .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the ones with the creamy centers, caramel, strawberry, coffee etc... and the dairy milks

the rest made me ill.

Advertisement