Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was Peter Griffin Raped?

Options
  • 15-11-2004 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Was watching an episode of family guy the other day, it's the one where Lois becomes a black belt. Can't remember most of what happens in the episode but one thing sticks out.

Peter is in bed, Lois comes in, tells him it's time for some loving .. he says he has a headache, or would rather not, and she forces him.

The next morning Peter is obviously traumatised and says that the night before Lois was the man.

So was Peter raped?

And should rape be funny?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Cactus Col wrote:
    Was watching an episode of family guy the other day, it's the one where Lois becomes a black belt. Can't remember most of what happens in the episode but one thing sticks out.

Peter is in bed, Lois comes in, tells him it's time for some loving .. he says he has a headache, or would rather not, and she forces him.

The next morning Peter is obviously traumatised and says that the night before Lois was the man.

So was Peter raped?

And should rape be funny?
    He was raped, and no, probably we shouldn't laugh. ....but hey, it's ok if it's not a woman. :eek: Unfortunatly, thats the society we live in my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Zulu wrote:
    He was raped, and no, probably we shouldn't laugh. ....but hey, it's ok if it's not a woman. :eek: Unfortunatly, thats the society we live in my friend.

You don't really know that so why speculate ?????

Who's speculating? Did you see the episode. I didn't think twice about it when I watched it - but it's evident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Zulu wrote:
    Who's speculating? Did you see the episode. I didn't think twice about it when I watched it - but it's evident.

Yeah I did, didn't really bother me, maybe his just ride the cock off him :rolleyes:

BolBill wrote:
    Yeah I did, didn't really bother me, maybe his just ride the cock off him :rolleyes:

...or maybe she just made him wash the bathroom :rolleyes:
    It was as blatant as a pork sale in a synagogue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Either way it was against his will which makes it rape ... at least they way I understand it

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cactus Col wrote:
    Either way it was against his will which makes it rape ... at least they way I understand it
    It also makes it a cartoon show, which thrives on shock tactics and making light of taboo subjects.

Sometimes you need to step back and say "whoah....I'm getting too anal here". The intention of the joke was not that "rape is funny".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They did the same joke in the Simpsons, the episode where Marge takes steroids. In that one Homer walks around the kitchen limping next morning saying "your mother's undergone a few changes kids".

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

It's a CARTOON!
    I shot a whore in the face with a shotgun on GTA san andreas yesterday after i blew up an ambulance.
    Is there a difference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, you only killed people. That's MUCH better than rape.

• Advertisement

The last thing I'm doing is knocking Family Guy - it's my fav show. Peter Griffin is my role model. He is a hero.

None the less, the origional point is valid. It the roles were reversed, there would be an outcry. No harm in pointing it out.

<edit>there is indeed a difference: GTA has an 18's cert</edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

egan007 wrote:
    It's a CARTOON!
    I shot a whore in the face with a shotgun on GTA san andreas yesterday after i blew up an ambulance.
    Is there a difference?

LOL :D:D

Touché, my good friend. Touché!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

seamus wrote:
    "whoah....I'm getting too anal here".
    I don't remember that line in the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

So you have a problem with GTA so?
    Have you ever dropped an anvil on someones head?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

but even in a cartoon, could you imagine a female character being dragged off with implication of that she having sex against her will..... :eek: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Zulu wrote:
    None the less, the origional point is valid. It the roles were reversed, there would be an outcry. No harm in pointing it out.

<edit>there is indeed a difference: GTA has an 18's cert</edit>
    But the roles were not reversed. Peter once lifted his shirt and licked his nipple, there would also be problems if Louis was the one who did this. Although I wouldn't be complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

SkepticOne wrote:
    I don't remember that line in the episode.
    But in another ep Peter says.

"Louis I'm goin to the bar, and when I get home I want anal. I don't care how tired you are, I want the whole house cleaned."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

lmfao jim. :D

But in another ep Peter says.

"Louis I'm goin to the bar, and when I get home I want anal. I don't care how tired you are, I want the whole house cleaned."

That was brilliant..... :D

egan007 wrote:
    So you have a problem with GTA so?
    Have you ever dropped an anvil on someones head?
    No. I'm not sure how your logic works there. :confused:
    FX Meister wrote:
    But the roles were not reversed. Peter once lifted his shirt and licked his nipple, there would also be problems if Louis was the one who did this. Although I wouldn't be complaining
    Don't ge me wrong here, I've no problem with family guy, I'm merely agreeing that this is a good example of the double standards that surround us in this pathetically PC age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Perhaps given the whole situation they were having a poke at double standards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

In another episode it's hinted at that Meg killed her other little brother. Don't forget quagmire ordering a Rufie Colada.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i don't think anybody loves liverpool quite as much as you do

there was also the episode where Quagmire asks Lois if she has ever heard of Megan's Law ....when she asks him to baby sit the children....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There's also the episode where Quagmire goes to the door of a girls party

Hey there gorgeous, how old are you?
    18, you're first!
    - Mom!!!!
    I like where this is going, gigaddy, gigaddy, gigaddy

Wont somebody please think of the children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

In that episode when they're finished... the business, Peter comes out and says "Last night... Lois was.... the man". So he seemed to be less concerned with Lois raping him than with her being... in charge...

Plus they did it in King of the Hill when Hank got raped by the whale...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

SteveD wrote:
    In that episode when they're finished... the business, Peter comes out and says "Last night... Lois was.... the man". So he seemed to be less concerned with Lois raping him than with her being... in charge...

Plus they did it in King of the Hill when Hank got raped by the whale...;)
    Dolphin.

And er, he wasn't raped, he just seemed to "turn the dolphin on".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

The implication was there ;) and the dolphin tried to do stuff... had it been physically possible, I'd say he had some malicious intent

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

"Dad, what's the blowhole for?"
    "I'll tell you what it's not for son, and when I do, you'll understand why I can never return to Seaworld" :)

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I'm quite young and innocent, so forgive this....But how does a woman rape a man(as in sex in the traditionalsense, not buggery), I understand she could say" Have sex with me now or I'll blow your head off " or in the marge/lois case "...beat the **** out of you" but surely if a guy doesn't want to he can't make himself get it up......or can he?? Don't get me wrong when I saw those episodes I thought "ok, that was a bit much" but personally I think it's just portraying a sexual fantasy the writers have!! ;) and the idea of rape probably never entered their heads!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement