Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod, zen I completely confused

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

...Did you even read the thread title, let alone the thread itself????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I skimmed through the thread yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 20,792 ✭✭✭✭cormie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?currency=EUR&cPath=3&products_id=69
    Heres the iRiver H120 for €325. With these extras
    # H-120 20GB MP3 Jukebox
    # Leather like Carry case with Belt Clip
    # USB cable
    # Backlit LCD remote control
    # Installation CD
    # Direct encoding cable
    # Stereo earphones
    # AC Mains Adapter / Charger
    # External Microphone

I know my christmas present anyway!

Buddy, anther €20 will get you TWICE the capacity from www.mx2.co.uk!

Maybe remove the iRiver vote tab because most of the 1300 votes for other player probably were for iRiver.

• Advertisement

Ok for those who haven't clicked my above link, this is what it lead to:

Here are the main reasons to choose iRiver as your hard drive based MP3 Player.

16 hours battery life
    No need for software for PC (plug and play to any computer with USB)
    An included wired LCD remote
    Built in radio
    Built in recorder (voice/line-optical in connection etc)
    optical out (cleaner, crisper sound)

The cheapest place to get the iRiver IHP/H-140 is www.mx2.co.uk. It works out at about €340 for the 40GB player. Do not go for the 20GB as for €29 more, you get double the capacity.

Dixons are selling it for €370. This is could be worth the extra €30 incase you have any problems as you will be dealing with an actual shop based in Ireland.

You can buy an external battery pack for about €6 in Maplin Electronics (40 second walk from Jervis shopping Centre, Dublin) that takes 4 AA batteries. If each battery is 1.25v, then 4x1.25=5v. This will provide you with an extra few hours of life if you ever happen to run out of battery (unlikely). There are 2 available that work with the H-140. Product number L33AK and L32AK. I forget which is which but go for the 4 battery one to get longer life.

If you were to go for the most popular brand, the Apple iPod and try and match the features of the H-140. Here is what you should expect to pay.
    40Gb iPod-€380
    Voice Recorder-€40
    External Battery Pack-€55
    Remote-€40

So that works out at about €515 (probably more) to make it have some of the features the H-140 has. You will now also be faced with more bulk to carry around with you and a non LCD remote (600 albums, LCD is needed, take my word)

So you will be paying about €200 more, about 165% the price of the H-140 for a product that is about 70% as good.

You may also want to take into consideration (depending on usage) the fact that iPod earphones are an attraction for undesired attention as they know you have something worth at least €200 to them in your pocket.

Do not be influenced by advertising. The iRiver IHP-140 is the best Hard Drive based MP3 player you can get for that price. If it's music you're into then this is the best you can get.

To protect your iRiver, use an iSkin.
    The cheapest source for iSkin for Ireland customers is www.misticriver.net

For a great set of earphones choose this set of Sony Fontopia in ear headphones. They deliver great sound for great value.

I don't know much about the H3XX series except that the best price is at www.3dsolutions.co.uk and that features like USB on the go mean you can hook up anything that doesn't require software to your H3XX (for example, a H1XX, digital camera etc) and transfer files to your H3XX.

It has a colour screen for viewing images/video
    can record from radio

there will be an included LCD remote in the near future with H3XX series.

the other equivalent player is now 1337! Cool!

Anyway, i take it ya like the iRiver then cormie? Just a hunch...

Yes Holligan, the iriver is quite leet indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Please do not use leet speak.

I found myself repeating the same things over and over so I decided to create a thread where all is explained so a simple link will provide the info:)

Leet?

• Advertisement

Now, Holligan was actually pointing out something humourous. The amount of people who voted for other was equal to 1337

Not sure if that was an edit though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lemur option

thanks to everyone that voted and oh my god I've been away for a week and the numbers have exploded. How many of you voted twice and who changed my poll. I think we can all agree that other equals iriver so its the 40gb iriver im going for

See y'all soon
    from
    the lemur

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Surely if people were voting for the iRiver they'd vote for that instead of "Other".... o.o

Surely if people were voting for the iRiver they'd vote for that instead of "Other".... o.o

iRiver was JUST added so those who wanted to vote iRiver voted "other" before "iRiver" was added.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The poll was fixed, stupids!

this is an outrage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I demand a recount!

iRiver is the best, no need for a poll, no need for a recount.

hmmmmm
    2/1 odds cormie works for iriver.....
    Now taking bets

• Advertisement

Doubt you have much in your bank account if you take such bets so I'll keep it low. €218 that I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

HaHa Creative Zen Micro's just €250! I'm buying one now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

forget ipod....iriver or archos is the way forward...i have an iriver h340 and its sound quality is far superior to any other player...both the archos and the irivers play movies but if your looking for sound quality go for iriver and if your looking for good movie quality go for the archos gmini400 or av400.not that the iriver video playback is bad or anything, but it is an upgrade which came after the players release so you cant expect it to be great

but isnt the thingy on the iriver bad for scrolling, worse than the ipods wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

really the only elligible people to vote would be people who've had at least two of the HD players, otherwise its just down to the skill of the guy who wrote the specs

Very true, and ive yet to hear of a dissatisfied ipod owner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

I know 4 people with iPods, and 1 of them is extremely dissatisfied. His iPod has extreme battery problems (despite being a mere 4 months old) and Apple refuses to replace the unit, claiming that no such problem exists (when it clearly does... the battery barely lasts 4 hours on a full charge).
    But then again, 3 other iPod owners I know have no problems.
    For me it all comes down to price... cause I'm poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

jono087 wrote:
    HaHa Creative Zen Micro's just €250! I'm buying one now!!

The Zen 20gig touch is only €260 on some Irish website. Google it because I'm not sure of the exact one. 25extra gigs for a tenner more. Hmmm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

The Zen 20gig touch is only €260 on some Irish website. Google it because I'm not sure of the exact one. 25extra gigs for a tenner more. Hmmm?
    thanks boss, but I'm just after buying the micro for 200 squids, (at the weekend) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

jono087 ,
    What you think of the micro , saw it in town , it looks good , cheaper than ipod mini , smaller , and bigger hard drive. How are you finding it and where did you get in for 200?
    Cheers

Adam

Advertisement