Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying person on TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

tk123 wrote:
    UTV Julian - "AND NAAAOOOOW ON THE UUUUUUUTV"
    Did you hear him say "Oh, it's mingin'!" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Somebody I used to work with was from Derry and said that yer man is a bit of a celeb in the north!!!?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Genghis

Some excellent suggestions so far. Notably Davina AND Julian.

But I am surprised nobody has mentioned 'Ant' and 'Dec'. Annoying accents, not funny, over-rehearsed muppets. The whole 'Ant always on the left' and 'Dec always on the right' thing really grates me too.

Also the newsreader on TV3 who used to do mornings and is now 'anchor' in the evenings - Claire somebody. Just what does she sit on that causes her to bounce up and down in the set all the time?

The scary political reporter from the same station 'Ursula Halligan' also bugs me - I think it is all down to her multi-faceted resenblance to that other bug bear of mine - the 'heroine' from 'Murder She Wrote'.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

My two are the blond from I.D. and that guy from the Den.

Both should be beaten to death with a plank of wood with an exceptionally rusty nail sticking out of it.

Ant and Dec come a close second though, that might just be due to "Biker Grove" nostalgia though, I can't watch the tv show. It just reminds me of "Noel's House Party" without Noel, the house, or the party.

What ever happened to Spuggy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Dara O'Briain : The big fat, useless, smarmy, Uncle Fester looking, lilac-wearing fool who hosts The Panel and whose jokes still wouldn't begin to be remotely funny even if he learnt to speak without saying 'ehhhhh' every 2 seconds like some drooling cabbage whose just undergone a labotomy.

Jamie Theakston (sp?) gets a mention too. Surely the only person on Earth who could turn a seque between Aretha Franklin and Jimmy Hendrix in into a steaming pile of ****? And as for the way he goes on on that terrible BBC2 gameshow of his (the name of which I can't even remember?) it makes my skin crawl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dara O'Briain : The big fat, useless, smarmy, Uncle Fester looking, lilac-wearing fool who hosts The Panel and whose jokes still wouldn't begin to be remotely funny even if he learnt to speak without saying 'ehhhhh' every 2 seconds like some drooling cabbage whose just undergone a labotomy.

Leave him out of this. I get the Ehhhhh, but he is funny. And he was excellent at Buried Alive, why because he let the guest speak with out interrupting them.

I hear your anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Genghis wrote:
    Some excellent suggestions so far. Notably Davina AND Julian.

But I am surprised nobody has mentioned 'Ant' and 'Dec'. Annoying accents, not funny, over-rehearsed muppets. The whole 'Ant always on the left' and 'Dec always on the right' thing really grates me too.

Also the newsreader on TV3 who used to do mornings and is now 'anchor' in the evenings - Claire somebody. Just what does she sit on that causes her to bounce up and down in the set all the time?

The scary political reporter from the same station 'Ursula Halligan' also bugs me - I think it is all down to her multi-faceted resenblance to that other bug bear of mine - the 'heroine' from 'Murder She Wrote'.

Heheh she is the image of Jessica (or JB) Fletcher alright. Two auld hags!! :D she also says everything in an astoundingly irritating sing-song way.

Carrie Bradshaw/SJP would have to be another. I liked SATC until it became this all-consuming global monstrosity and people were having cocktail parties to celebrate the last episode....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

That Alex Zane poof from MTV - jaysus he's annoying. What is his beef? If fact - anyone off mtv (that camp "news" reader dude).

Derek Mooney - I mean - anyone who's catchphrase is "BYY-YYYEEEEE" should be shot.

Pat the plank Kenny - could he be any worse - a real life Alan Partridge

That bird from ID

Tubridy - not even bothered commenting on his annoying characteristics - worse than pat kenny.

Jerry "a good face for radio" Ryan - WHO let him on the telly - smarmy, smug, self satisfied w@nker. He's also a complete bollocks in real life. Him and his wife tried to sue a family who's kid said that ryan's kid pissed on him in a swimming pool. How bad is that. It is true btw. A bus-smash would be too good for this pr!ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

has to be pat kenny annoying little ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

dara o brian is a muppet. he always says "Eehhhhhh" after every sentance.
    gay byrne seems a bit ignorant, dont like him.
    that one on ID that everyone thinks is good looking but is really ugly.
    pat the plank kenny
    martin on tv3.
    ant and dec too, they're crap.
    the cast of coronation st. i really cant stand that horrible horrible accent.
    the wimmin on sex and the city, why would people watch that show it's disgraceful, and the wimmin think they're all good lookin but they're ugly b£$^%rd$
    ryan tubridy, cant stand the sight nor sound of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Who's the Northern Irish guy on BBC?

Maybe he's Scottish. Some young blonde guy anyway, I don't think he's been mentioned here but God I can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I can't believe no-one has mentioned Gerry Ryan yet, what is this country coming to?

Oh wait, you meant the most annoying person on *TV*. Sorry.

Hang on......CLAIRE MCKEOWN!

Who on earth let her near a microphone/camera in the first place. She's the broadcasting equivalent of someone drawing a steel-claw down a blackboard....slowly.

Not even annoying in an entertaining way, just annoying in an annoying way.

Thankfully she failed in TV the same way she failed in Radio and in Marketing.

God is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I just watched 2 episodes of the Swan and 2 hours of the most blatant insincerity from a presenter I've ever seen. So having seen that I say AManda Byram is the most annoying person on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Harry Hill... "What are the chances of that happening?" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Harry Hill... "What are the chances of that happening?" :rolleyes:

Harry Hills deadly !!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Ryan Tubridy, and Jim Davidson.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

BolBill wrote:
    Harry Hills deadly !!!!! :)

No ! Harry Hill is brain dead . He is the most UN-Funny people on this earth .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

sharkman wrote:

Think his show is great actually. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

Vernon Kay, stop living in the seventies man!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

sharkman wrote:

Amen...he is the ed byrne of england,

you have to ask yourself how on earth either of them got on the telly????

the combined talent of the two would be just enough to make up tommy tiernans' little toe nail cheese!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

Lorraine Keane from TV3, she totally wrecks my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Harry Hill is so annoying, and he's still sporting the oversized shirt collars. Pity he's on those ads for boots or where ever, means it's hard to avoid him on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 yoyoyo

harry hill has nothing to be laughing about

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ScabbyLeg

BolBill wrote:
    Think his show is great actually. :D

I'd have to agree there, Harry Hill is a legend. He's a qualified doctor aswell so he must be reasonably intelligent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 yoyoyo

ok but c'mon then next you'll be saying ed byrne is funny!!!

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

ScabbyLeg wrote:
    I'd have to agree there, Harry Hill is a legend. He's a qualified doctor aswell so he must be reasonably intelligent!

NO .... FRANKENSTEIN was a Doctor and a Legend !!! :D

Harry Hill is a F'n moron .

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

George Hamilton. Can't stand the annoying gob****e. The man insists on pronouncing footballers names different to everyone else in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

Vernon Kay, stop living in the seventies man!
    I'll second that, he's an eyesore and has an annoyingly large mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

anyone from Fair City, particularly Jenny and Sorcha - aaaargh, HEAD WRECKERS!! That and they can't act at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

that guy on BBC Northern Ireland who does the sport, Stephen Watson is his name i think. Speaks through his nose.

Advertisement