Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what did you want to be when you were growing up?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

first a vet
    then a marine biologist
    then a (forensic) pathologist
    then a psychologist

I am... sad to say... none of the above for a living (though I am a pathologist in my spare time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

I wanted to be Lion O from the Thundercats, AAAHHHHHH
    when I was younger I broke my wrist and I got my granddad to paint it like the glove he had.

then when puberty struck, I wanted to be a photographer for Playboy, ah, those were the days where dreams meant everything to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I wanted to be an adult. Now I want to be a child again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

A generic low-paid office junior with no room for advancement.
    Mih, most people get this out of their system when they're like 7... I'm still thinking about it. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

successful.

although according to my sister - " a stripper in a gogo club" - she used to make me repeat it over and over again, I think it was a song at the time- beatch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

A private investigator à la Magnum P.I.

The Ferrari, the women, the moustache! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I wanted to be Wonder Woman. After I kind of grew out of that I wanted to be an archaeologist (?), then I didn't know what to do for ages. Now I'm a physicist. Go Figure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 DannyAu-Yeung

Wanted to be loads of stuff from policeman to footballer.
    Think at a young age I'd thought about becoming an architect as well, which what I hope to become in 6-7years time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Haruspex wrote:
    A private investigator à la Magnum P.I.

The Ferrari, the women, the moustache! :eek:

Well you can always get the mustache.. although without te ferrari would the chicks follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭MrVestek

dudara wrote:
    I wanted to be Wonder Woman.

Marry me... please :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭annette curtain

woosaysdan wrote:
    once after watching topgun i wanted to be a fighter jet piolet!!! im afraid of heights though sigh
    yep thats me!
    then a lawyer
    and after that it was anything that involved making a lot of money for not a lot of work!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

My sister wanted to be either a giraffe or an elephant as a child. I was unable to determine the type of employment I would have liked. Even as I head towards my Leaving Cert a few months away Im still not receiving any inspiration :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

I was a very sensible child. I wanted to be a lawyer.

And here I am studying for my law degree :D

Wonder Woman is cooler altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Pilot was always top of my list. Then there was the writer in me, first play at 10 , downhill ever since. One day ........

Advertisement