Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Telly moment over Christmas!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Digby Biggest dog in World...so cheesey,but seems to be on over christmas.only fools and horses specials too.Wizard of oz also which is on at moment on Nickeloden!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Billy : Dunno if i'd actually wanna see it, thanks for the headsup ;) May take the fun out of the ad lol.

Ruu: Yup, "Im flyingggg throouuggghh the aiiirrrr". God thats scary. What actualy happens, he gets kidnapped by a snowman or something?

RainyDays: CRAP! forgot bout The Great Escape, must watch that now.

and finally,
    Climaxer: do NOT bring your kids to see the Bad Santa film. Not suitable, by a looong shot. Seriously. Cursing, ****ing, and general untruths such as the big man not being real. However its great to go see yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭johntf008

SteveD wrote:
    Remember the christmas special thingy with Neil Morrisey from Men Behaving badly about the christmas play they had on in this school where they all played kids.

It was only on once on bbc and they said at the time it was never gonna be shown again. Anyone remember it?

The Flint Street Nativity

truly brilliant, totally original.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

some more films i left out, Oliver Twist the musical one, Annie (puke) Watership Down (where all the little bunny rabbits kill each other)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Mear - thanks - just as well I asked!

Just remembering some more favourites:

Superman
    Mickey's Christmas Carol
    Dumbo
    Jingle all the Way
    The Santa Claus
    Alice In Wonderland
    Back to the Future

The Budweiser ad is The Xmas Ad :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Yeah love all those movies mentioned - have to watch them over Christmas!!

Also they usually show 'The Goonies' - one of my all time favourite movies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Dearg Doom

Have some great memories of watching a Marx Brothers season which Channel 4 showed over Xmas some time ago. Each film started around midnight or so and this just seemed to make them even better, and I have to say, for me Christmas just is'nt the same without The Marx Bros.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Channel 4 - Chinese Ghost Stories / Jackie Chan seasons - nothing to do with christmas.

Noggin the Nog on the beeb early in the mornings (neither today nor yesterday)

No ad breaks on RTE during the films and usually a day before the foreign stations.

I hate the way it's gone with few new films and loads of Soap specials..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭annette curtain

I agree willys is good but in all fairness the Die Hard movies also make it christmas not to mention the Great Escape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭captainplanet

Just remembering some more favourites:

Superman
    Mickey's Christmas Carol
    Dumbo
    Jingle all the Way
    The Santa Claus
    Alice In Wonderland
    Back to the Future

The Budweiser ad is The Xmas Ad :)

THE SNOWMAN! THE SNOWMAN!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

whats the name of the film where arnie is looking for a toy doll for his son? Thats a savage film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Jingle all the Way i think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

The Flint Street Nativity

truly brilliant, totally original.
    Thank Christ! That was wrecking my head

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

defo has to be wiily wonka and those lovely little orange umpa lumpas....flight of the navigator always comes close for me, can't find it in the listings for this year though015.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Anyone remember "Billy Smarts Christmas Circus" always on when you were about to take a bite of turkey and spuds on Christmas day?

Advertisement