Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election

Options
  • 02-11-2004 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

Today the most powerful nation on Earth goes to the polls to decide who's going to screw around with everyone else for the next four years.

vote for...? 12 votes

Bush
    0%
    Kerry
    100%
    the_sycooq4v3ht0u76kf2Barry AldwellGuy:IncognitoUnknowntibiltHealioRedleslie2snufflesbriandarezmuterStupidLikeAFoxhannahC 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Sorry, somehow, the poll i wanted to put up here didn'tmake it, It's my own fault. Who do you want to win
    A) Bush
    B) Kerry

Just put A or B in a post and we'll count them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

WHO voted for Bush?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Not me. Hell no!

It would seem to have been tibilt. :confused:

It was Tibilt. who thinks that's the name of the prince of cats from R&J!.. of course, it's tybalt...
    Anyway, figured out how to find out, yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

My opinion? A tree's about to fall on you, and you have the option of gettng squished by the tree of jumping off a cliff. Do you take certain death or a risk? That's the way I view the election. It could go either way if Kerry gets elected.... but Bush is much, much worse.

• Advertisement

How big is the tree?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I saw some site today that did an international poll and Kerry got 77% of the vote
    which is a pretty big landslide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i hate it when people say the two are the same. they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Today someone asked the class : 'Who would you vote for: Bush or Kerry?' Everyone said Kerry. What really annoyed me though is because hardly any of them knew why they prefered Kerry. They just heard so much anti-Bush stuff they had been brainwashed into thinking Kerry was a Perfect President.

No, but they're pretty damn similar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

What you've got to ask yourself is:
    Am I a christian fundimentalist idiot, who supports wars for oil based on lies, who has no problem with 1.7 million people losing their jobs in 4 years, who enjoys an intensely hierarchal capitolist society, who enjoys having a knuckle-dragging moron for a "leader", who places corporate kronies before the people, who sends kids to their deaths abroad for no just reason, who increases military spending and cuts funding to the poor and social amenities in tandem, who supports the forced implementation of hardline christian ideas on a diverse secular society and who supports a man who was selected rather than elected by his Dad's supreme court Kronies?
    If you support a man who sat in a classroom in Florida reading "My Pet Goat" to himself in a classroom full of 4-year-olds while 3,000 people died as the twin towers fell, then by all means vote Bush.

If you have a conscience or any moral compass at all vote for the only viable alternative; the imperfect but still vastly superior Senator John Kerry.

If you support a man who sat in a classroom in Florida reading "My Pet Goat" to himself in a classroom full of 4-year-olds while 3,000 people died as the twin towers fell, then by all means vote Bush.

i've never actually got this bit though, i must be missing something. i always thought that he kept reading because a) he had to collect his thoughts on how to act (i mean this was a pretty big deal) and b) it'd be kinda rude/traumatizing for the poor 4-year-olds. like, it's My Pet Goat, not The Bonfire of the Vanities, it probably only had a couple of pages left.

so seriously, i am confused, somebody tell me what everyone expected him to do :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

i am confused, somebody tell me what everyone expected him to do :confused:

ANYTHING AT ALL!!! except sit there and do nothing and read a book for 4 year olds. How about provide some Goddammed leadership in the biggest time of crisis in the mainland USA ever. Any action would have been better than inaction.

Well he couldn't exactly spring up, run to New York and Hold up the Twin Towers to prevent them from collapsing now could he? The damage was already done. By continuing reading 'My Pet Goat' He would have been able, as Ana said, to collect his thoughts and decide how to act.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I support you and Ana Liz but how many thought do you think the guy has? :p

Out of interest, are people voting for Bush out of sympathy? For the shock value?

I mean here, not in the US

Well you see, knowing him there would have been a lot of thoughts going round his head such as 'I like cats, I hope no cats were hurt' and 'Daddy won't like this'. He had to go back to his texan roots and lassoo all these important thoughts together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Aren't there more candidates? Like.. some guy from the Green Party?(Possibly Nader?) And others?
    But yeah, out of those 2 choices, I'd say Kerry.

(And also, I heard Bush isn't actually from Texas. He's from like.. the east coast. Allegedly.)

After reading the majority of the replies on this thread, I'd just like to say I'm damn glad that people need to be 18 to vote

Aonghus, shut up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Kerry
    i love the way so may people drag out the "bush is brainwashing people and ruining the world" line. I think its fairly ironic seeing as most of you have been brainwashed by the like of michael moore and the like. Almost anybody can be made to look like a tyrannical lunatic when fed to people in the right way. What exactly do you people think kerry is going to do so differently? He has already stated the war on terror will continue under him and he will go to any lengtha to kill osama bin laden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

My ignorance on the matter is due to the fact that I can't vote... And also because everything is so god damned biaised that you can believe nothing you read/hear/see.

*raises Hand*
    I'm 18

eff off and die, aonghus, i'm a teenage girl with a keen interest in politics (one of the only ones it seems, i will admit), have grown up waist deep in political and media analysis and i know the facts. i want to study political science in trinity, and have done since i was about 10. i know an awful lot about this election, and american politics in general, quite possibly more than you do. so stop being a bloody pedant.

</rant>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

I believe that they are both equally bad choices, and neither is really worth my vote. I would, however, vote for Kerry. The only reason I would do this is because Bush has done enough damage so far, at least Kerry could be a better president, because theres little chance of him being worse. Also, a change of personnel might disrupt the flow of this shall i say destruction, and slow the process down.

Amen. Aonghus, we know in most areas you're probably more mature than the rest of us, ( :rolleyes: ) there's just no need to be so goddamn grumpy old man-esque here!

"In my day..."
    "Price of tea.... <Insert muttering bitching and grumbling here>"

eh, in his arse he is. since when does spending your life online equal being more mature? :rolleyes:

Don't forget,
    "fifteen miles in the snow, uphill both ways. Didn't have shoes either, had to tie our laces around our bare feet"
    A Classic.

What they need is a good ol' fashioned dictator. Or we could get rid off all the stupid americans by taking away their safety scissors and let them do that themselves........

Now there's an Idea..........

• Advertisement

They have a dictator in place. George bush has almost as much power as any given dictator, and abuses it aswell. He's no more democratic than Stalin or Hitler.

Advertisement