Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

US Presidential Election

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Kerry
    doesnt anyone else find it strange that everyone seems to hate george bush yet he's still in the running for the job in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I do indeed. A lot of the anti-Bush stuff is spouted by peole who do't know what they're talking about and just don't agree with the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

not everyone in Americania hates the big G-man. Also, the alternative isn't that much better.

Yeah, I'd say if Kerry gets elected it'll be 'cos he's the lesser of two evils. Or am I just stating the obvious here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I reckon people must hide in the mountains/other secluded areas of America, know absolutely NOTHING about ANYTHING other than their mountainhuts, then vote, and return to their shacks.

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Ana, note the :rolleyes: . I was just appeasing him. He's no more mature than anyone else here. He just really wants to be that grumpy old man.

Kerry
    Yeah, I'd say if Kerry gets elected it'll be 'cos he's the lesser of two evils.

Greatest country in the world alrite!!!!

Which brings me back to the point about americans and safety scissors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Which brings me back to the point about americans and safety scissors.

?..

She wants to take away all Americans' safety scissors so they'll save us the bother of killing them.

• Advertisement

Correction: I wan't to take away all of America's safety scissors so the dumb Americans will kill themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Spraypaint wrote:
    If you support a man who sat in a classroom in Florida reading "My Pet Goat" to himself in a classroom full of 4-year-olds while 3,000 people died as the twin towers fell, then by all means vote Bush.

In all fairness, thats hardly his biggest fault. And those that say he was collecting his thoughts, he was having a hard enough time pronouncing goat to think properly.

[Edit: I know its a bit back, I just read the first half of this thread after the second]

Read it Liz, that's what it says.

How does REMOVING the scissors' cause them to kill themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Because they loved those scissors.

Kerry
    Plunky wrote:
    How does REMOVING the scissors' cause them to kill themselves?

oooooook :rolleyes:
    removing the safety scissors will not be a problem for the smart americans, however the dumb americans (who were up to this point using the SAFETY scissors) would kill themselves, thus making the country smarter as a whole. Simple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

It makes no difference which one of them you vote for, either way your planet is doomed!!!!DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Vote Nader!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

It makes no difference which one of them you vote for, either way your planet is doomed!!!!DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Vote Nader!!!!

Ya true, I know Bush is bad (well actually way worse than just bad) but a democrat in power is like a.......... *tries frantically to come up with an analogy* like a......... well not very good.

*mutters* Damn liberal bast*rds

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

You know that simpsons episode:

"well i want to vote a third party candidate!"
    "go ahead, throw your vote away!"

well this has never been more true than this year. Nader isnt even on HALF the state ballot papers because APPARENTLY states get to decide on who they want on their ballots. so it would seem that we have a presidental candidate who not everyone can vote for.

Re: Bush and Kerry - both have their good and bad points. Overall, while i want to see kerry win, i DETEST the man. he has no politics. He flip flops on every ****ing issue depending on what he deems to be the most acceptable at the time - he has yet to make a firm decision that he has stood by and if i were an american looking for someone to govern (and this is the operable word, remember that international policy not withstanding, this person has to keep the state of the union for the next four years!!) my country, i would not for a ****ing second sit and think "wow, kerry makes a good point".

with bush at the other hand - everyone stops and says "ah he invaded iraq etc. etc." and tbh do you honestly think for ONE second that Gore would've done anything different? If you did you're a misinformed fool. But at least the man stands by what he says like.

This is well and truly down to the lesser of two evils and which you decide is very much a personal decision - and i really dont think you can berate anyone for their choice.

crash_000 wrote:
    You know that simpsons episode:

"well i want to vote a third party candidate!"
    "go ahead, throw your vote away
    !"

well this has never been more true than this year. Nader isnt even on HALF the state ballot papers because APPARENTLY states get to decide on who they want on their ballots. so it would seem that we have a presidental candidate who not everyone can vote for.

I do realise this but I would still vote for him on principle, if I could. I just seems like the right thing to do. I wouldn't feel right if I didn't. Keeping in mind we're still imagining I'm an eligible American voter.

• Advertisement

well if thats the case why not just not vote at all? same effect, less getting up.
    this principle **** is bull****, at least give your vote to something that counts, otherwise you might as well just piss it away.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Spraypaint wrote:
    If you support a man who sat in a classroom in Florida reading "My Pet Goat" to himself in a classroom full of 4-year-olds while 3,000 people died as the twin towers fell, then by all means vote Bush.

Reading it upside down also wasn't it? or something.

Someone else may have picked up on this but dmaned if I'm reading 3 pages of your posts....

Someone's watching Farenheit 9/11 anyhow. Just make sure that you don't take it as gosphel. I've watched it and been shocked by it and all but it's obviously biased.

Anyhow I'd be an Anyone But Bush voter as it stands at the moment. But since I'm not an American I never paid attention to either campaign. Not that either would tell me much, other than what I wanted to hear. I didn't look up the history of either cause I've no reason to.

We'll see how it goes...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

crash_000 wrote:
    He flip flops on every ****ing issue depending on what he deems to be the most acceptable at the time

Just picking up on this point and I'm really tired but perhaps no politics is a good thing?

Maybe "most acceptable at the time" could be phrased as "what the people want at the time"? I'm relaly tired and don't know of Kerry that much so this might not make sense. I just think in terms of our own government who do A), B), C), D) and so on that people don't know of/don't care about and don't want.

If he ended up doing what the people want then seems more democratic. Then again people are stupid so there we have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

- if you're going to vote for a third party, don't vote for nader, vote for david cobb. it's not throwing away your vote, it's giving the green party more support, which is SO IMPORTANT. (david cobb came to talk at my college! he's super awesome!)
    - well, that coming from someone who voted for kerry.
    - as to some of the aforementioned comments - we're not ALL dumb idiots. if you're saying that just to sound cool, that's just sad.
    - speaking of lies, are some of you actually serious that you would vote for bush? can you see what a MESS of a foreign policy he has created and how he has RAVAGED the u.s. constitution and got us into an unnecessary war under the unspoken pretense of oil while throwing around words like terrorists and freedom? and since when is voting for rich corporate america an intelligent thing to do?

- note: sorry if this is too ...strongly worded. things are tense over here tonight. in a very very very tense way.

-
    but a democrat in power is like a.....
    what. the. f*ck?
    do you not respect FDR? or JFK? that's the most audacious statement i've read all night. i hope you were kidding. oh wait, i understand. do you love nixon? and raegan? it all makes sense now. :eek:

(just my two cents on the matter...well, more like my 99 cents)

You tell em' Hannah!!!

ll=llannah wrote:
    - well, that coming from someone who voted for kerry.

You can vote?! Or is it that you just would vote for John Kerry.

Hey everyone, go to the Michael Moore (I don't want lot of Moore abuse for this. He's a good guy.) webite: www.michaelmoore.com

It has loads of reports from voters about things being run improperly and suspiciously. *slinks away*

Here's some U.S. government stuff. My friend Conner made a flash file about the September 11th Pentagon hit explaining how it was all a cover up and that a plane didn't hit the building but what was more likely a missile. I don't know if he was makingit up but anyway. He was then contacted through the website that hosted (past tense) the flash by the Pentagon saying that they didn't like his tretcherous (spelling?) video and that he should make a retraction. I can't remember the whole letter but it went on to intimidate him. WTF!!? :mad:

So I'm not the only one stayin' up for the results then...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'm staying awake....

coffee, anyone? ;)

Next person to use anything michael moore has ever said as a political argument gets hit in the head/banned. i for some reason dislike bull**** statements.

And podge the point about his distinct lack of politics is that you have NO idea wtf he's going to do in power. basically he's changed his politics time after time to get himself elected - what then will he do when in power?

Btw i would've voted for him myself in the end i think - its a terrible thing though when a presidental election becomes a case of the lesser of two evils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

eff off and die, aonghus, i'm a teenage girl with a keen interest in politics (one of the only ones it seems, i will admit), have grown up waist deep in political and media analysis and i know the facts. i want to study political science in trinity, and have done since i was about 10. i know an awful lot about this election, and american politics in general, quite possibly more than you do. so stop being a bloody pedant.

</rant>
    Ana, I feel I should clarify, I was talking about Dave, Liz, and Spraypaint giving out about bush reading to children on Sept 11. Sorry for the confusion.

And Moore is a whiny bastard who should just shut the hell up. And so should Dave

• Advertisement

I wasn't giving out about Bush reading to the kids. I was giving out about people giving out about Bush reading to the Kids. There wasn't that much he could have done besides continue reading.

Advertisement