Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy ..Afterthoughts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

The film was excellent. No arguments, please. tongue.gif

I guess what really impressed me were the, frankly, stunning CG visuals. Does anyone else love watching the FMV bits in games? I do, and the film was very reminiscent of the FMV sequences in FF (and other) games.

As for the plot itself - it resembled a FF game in itself. When the DVD comes out, people will half-expect to see FFX written somewhere on it. I really liked the originality of the plot (okay, perhaps it's not so original in the context of RPG games, but in the context of a film, I don't think I've seen anything like it). The spirits were deadly - when you first see them, you wonder why everyone was so scared of them - even if some of them did look vaguely like the Aliens (in the Alien films - with Sigourney Weaver). It's only later, when you see that they can steal 'souls' with a single touch that you appreciate the struggle the humans are up against.

I will admit that it's not to everyone's tastes. I believe that those who may not have appreciated the RPG's might not appreciate this as much as someone who loved it (like me - though FF8 was a bit of a disappointment)

Again, definitely one to get on DVD when it comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

What happened to it? It's hardly anywhere anymore and I didn't see it yet. It did well in the states didn't it?

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

saw F there a week ago,was brill.
    Good plot and unbelievable graphix.
    It resembled aliens tho imo :/
    And does ne know where the hell i can get FF8 ?? :/ was looking in electronics boutique and couldnt find it ne where,was also in GAME and virgin megastores.no where frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

Anyone know when it will come out for purchase?

I'm a card captor........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

My local cinema kept it for a week. week..Nobody was going to see it.

Now I have to wait for a video release...

"Ca bhfuil an buama?!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement