Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite way to read a book!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Sitting up in bed or lying on my stomach in bed. I also like to read lying down on the couch, but rarely ever do that as I'm always interupted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

seamus wrote:
    On the toilet. I can't get comfortable anywhere else.

Eww, really, really not good for you. Presses the intestines downwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

On a really comfortable chair or on the bus... I read it bed every night but it's not my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bcKay

In bed or in a big comfy chair by the fire all curled up. I will read anywher but background noise 'wakes me up' and I can't get lost in the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

luckat wrote:
    Eww, really, really not good for you. Presses the intestines downwards.
    I have to confess that I do my best reading in the crapper too. Why is this not good for you - It can't be that much different to the sitting position in any chair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

RainyDay wrote:
    I have to confess that I do my best reading in the crapper too. Why is this not good for you - It can't be that much different to the sitting position in any chair.
    Except there's a big hole (under your own). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭windowgazer

theCzar wrote:
    I've come home locked a few times, and started reading, i read the first two hundred pages of War and Peace, where the introduction to all the characters is done, I picked up where i left off the next morning and hadn't a clue what the hell was going on, so i had to start again, also reading made my hangover substantially worse. So no beer.
    I've read after drinking a few times and its actually quite nice! You get alot more from it at the time. But, yes, the downside is that i can never remember what i read or at least any significant details so I'm back to square 1 again. but isn't that the nature of being tipsy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

god damn this thread...

here i am sittin with a nice couple of beers, in preparation for going out, and now i want to read. sigh. Generally find on my sofa bed sitting up is pretty cool, that or on the floor back against the sofa. Cant read on my stomach, though i used to as a kid. Dont have to travel far ever so dont really read like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Before going to sleep and on me side
    Tiredness = falling asleep = book falling (i have a couch under my bed) = wrecked book on the floor = me pissed off with falling asleep next morning :mad:

That's why good books totally deprive me of sleep, I try to stay awake aslong as I can but you can't stop the inevitable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

i like to read it cover to cover.. Back to front!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Drakon

I tend to be able to read anytime anywhere. I would probably do most of my reading at night though as I tend to stay up pretty late 4/5 am usually. I also speed read so I can finish a book in a day if I want so Ill usually keep going if its late and there are a 100 or more page left.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sheilak

In bed, falling asleep in the middle of a sentence. I'm a slow reader at night as a result. Mornings very good for study, I find. Nothing nicer than munching egg on toast and swigging coffee while sitting up in bed reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Vamp IRL

In bed when the house is quiet or in the bath with a nice glass of wine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

in my bed, on my side, or in the armchair beside the sofa in the downstairs sitting room, or in the conservatory on a rainy day with no bright sunlight. a glass of lemonade and silence. music interrupts my involvement. things like clocks ticking or the wind are good though sometimes.

Advertisement