Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy a bed

• 21-10-2004 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

(sorry if wrong thread i searched for something similar)
    Can anyone recommmend a place to buy a new bed? After 14years ive had enough of my current one, preferably a 6' by 4' and cheapish under €400 with matress.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

dont get a water bed, aparently it makes you infertile. Im not lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Simple: Argos

I know it sounds weird and cheapo, but the beds are very modern, inexpensive and the matresses are very comfortable.

I've had one for 3 years, and have had no problems.

See: www.argos.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

This is great I was thinking of getting one in Argos too!! Thanks snap.!! Hey Healio Argos do that 6 month interest free credit thing so if you're a bit strapped for cash you could get it that way. It'd give you the option of spending a bit more if you wanted and you'd have 6 months to get the monies together and pay no interest! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

tk123 wrote:
    This is great I was thinking of getting one in Argos too!! Thanks snap.!! Hey Healio Argos do that 6 month interest free credit thing so if you're a bit strapped for cash you could get it that way. It'd give you the option of spending a bit more if you wanted and you'd have 6 months to get the monies together and pay no interest! :p

I hadnt thought of that good woman!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

eh i'm a girl... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Harvey Normans Superstores! Swords and DANDAWWWWWK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Go harvey go harvey......

Anyways ya can come on down to bargaintown (where the prices are only famous). I got my old bed there and it was one of the most comfortable beds ive ever had and dirt cheap too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Try Baize House in the Dublin Industrial Estate, Glasnevin. Excellent place for all sorts of furniture inc beds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

I bought a bed recently in argos,

After lookingin all the stores, harvey, bargintown, des kelly,ect Argos was by far the cheapest, the bed i got was 425 in one shop. 380 in another 375 in another, and 325 in argos! same bed! and free delivery! where most of the others would charge!

so my advice is to look in stores, and find a bed you really like, then get it in argos!(as you cant test sleep the ones in arogs catalog!)

tom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Best place I Know of to buy a bed is Navan, their are loads of great furniture shops we got a huge 6ftX6ft6 double bed with latex mattress for €1600 the cheapest we could get it for in Dublin was €3000.

We only moved here a year ago and we had bought some furniture from argos but after looking around the local furniture shops and up in Dublin we couldn't believe how much cheaper the stuff was in Navan sometimes even the same makes and brands.

Having said that argos have some great stuff and we bought a single bed from them but they charge €35 for delivery outside of Dublin.

Also if you ever wanted a custom sofa there is a place down here that has hundreds of styles and materials but they will also make a sofa to your exact specification.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

dunnes store's €150 no mattress argos matresses range from €75 to €150 for a good one

bug wrote:
    really, i was very very sick after sleeping in one before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

bug wrote:

Then what's the point in the bed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Homelands Centre in Bray have a large selection of Beds and Mattresses.
    I bought a really nice 6'4" bed for €220, and a lovely mattress for about the same. The staff are really helpful, and the delivery people are reliable.

Kevin.

SteveD wrote:
    Then what's the point in the bed?
    its called safe sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 darkdreamangel

i have a great time on water beds just dont wear stelltoes on it

i have a great time on water beds...

Been on a lot of them have you :)

so far about 389 days
    got one last year

I've always wondered, if you turn over when trying to sleep, do you not keep swaying on the 'waves', and in turn does that not keep you awake?

K.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

I got a 6ft x 4ft bed, mattress and headboard in Bargaintown last year for €150, plus delivery of about €20.

Fits 1 to 5 ppl :D ...

puts me to sleep.doesnt ever wake me up.... only if i'm duck and get bthe spinnys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭AyeGer

I know this is a very old thread but where on boards.ie deals with questions like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Bigmickey.ie great value and very good selection of beds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,254 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Just buy it from a furniture shop and don't google anything or anything like that. Just go into a shop and know what you're getting. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,250 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Have people really lost the basic capacity to walk into, or look up, a furniture store without asking a discussion forum first?

• Advertisement

I was hoping for some recommendations on where is good value. And maybe some discussion as this is a discussion forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,254 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

People have more options these days Jim. Even the likes of IKEA. It's no harm to ask for recommendations before making a trek out to wherever

And some people don’t live in towns or cities with a lot of options.

I don’t know why Jim’s bothered about what questions people ask. If not interested in a particular thread move onto another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭50HX

Rightpricebeds.ie

Can't fault 2 purchases we made in the last year, reasonable enough in price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

This is a discussion forum Jim.

A discussion forum is a cyber space where participants discuss things.

Some people might like to offer advice and recommendations on bed buying.

It’s good to remember that participating in or even reading discussions that you’re not interested in is not compulsory.

Advertisement