Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Panel

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭DuFF-MAN

I think Dara O Brian is excellent, both as a presenter and a comedian. he's a good one-liner comic, some of which will leave you in stitches, and he's good with the guests on the show.

He rocks!

I think his speach with the "...eh...eh....eh" between each word(that someone mentioned earlier) just adds to his comic character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

i think this show is very good, its a credit to dara o brien...

this sort of free flowing thing suits irish tv more so then the scripted sitcom type stuff

ed byrne is ok, he provides balance for show, its no good just having one funny person on it, kathyrn thomas seems sound enough but she just isn't a comedian , there often silence after her remarks...

colin murphy is insane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

colin murphy is the best i agree...ed byrne i think is alright but once he starts talking its hard for him to stop..he does it in this weird kind of tourettes syndrome style-he just blurts out a joke and you wonder is he supposed to be funny or is he actually serious...ryan tubridy ruined the bloody show on monday, he is so up himself and he cant relax at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I was at it live on Sunday night - it was incredibly funny stuff, O Briain said it was the longest recording session he could remember - running for over two hours! It was great stuff, however, a lot of the good stuff does seem to be edited out and, naturally, Dara's crowd-warmer, which was hysterical.

Good episode - though the last woman was off her trolley. The stuff that didn't get aired was worse than your career.

I think it was summed up best by a passing comment made upon exiting the venue:
    "You see Elvis?"
    "Yes, I see plenty of dead things"
    "Oh - like your career?"

Advertisement