Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capital of Culture 2005

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Its a total fupping ticket fiasco. What else would you expect though, no doubt the bulk of them were given to the friends and family of people involved........what a joke. What good is a City of Culture if the Culture is Corruption! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

My poppa tried about 4/5 different centras in town between 12:00 and 12:20, the times when the tickets were released. He couldn't find one place that had any left and he didn't see one person leave a store with them, he only saw them leave moaning about the lack of tickets.
    My girlfriends brother also had the same experience with different Centras and SuperValus.

Its pretty obvious that its all going to corporate sponsors of the events and their families. What a great way to start the years events, we all have trust in them to put on great shows now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

MSVC don't make much sense at the best of times... We're a capital of culture and you can download the ledge over someone's front door as a background...
    http://www.cork2005.ie/images/desktops/cork2005_desktop4_1024x768.jpg

BTW top 10 things to do in cork... look at no. 3 and 5
    http://www.cork2005.ie/cork/default.asp?id=410
    bargin in the english market is surely not part of our culture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

What's your problem with the English market? I think it's cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Skud wrote:
    MSVC don't make much sense at the best of times... We're a capital of culture and you can download the ledge over someone's front door as a background...
    http://www.cork2005.ie/images/desktops/cork2005_desktop4_1024x768.jpg

BTW top 10 things to do in cork... look at no. 3 and 5
    http://www.cork2005.ie/cork/default.asp?id=410
    bargin in the english market is surely not part of our culture...

I like the English Market, Coal Quay's grand too.

LOL @ at that picture though. Who the hell is going to use that as a background? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

In case anyone is still looking for tickets, as of 10am this morning, Centra in Little Island were still giving out tickets (and seemed to have a few left too), eejit here didn't ask for one and only realised on the way back to work...

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

big 2 page article in todays sunday times culture mag on coc 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Cork wrote:
    I called in to a number of Centras - finding it hard to find tickets.

many centras gave out tickets the day before (whether phyisically or by placing them in envelopes under the counter)

i hate this sort of thing, they should have been given out only on day x, and if you really wanted one you would queue outside the door, in ticketmaster style

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Hagar wrote:
    Cork - Capital of Culchies 2005 - Visit "Langerland" Themepark...
    Cork - Capital of Ireland Never. :D

thats not a very nice thing to say i am sure they will make a big effort
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Ive been to a lot of the previous city of culture cities and cork is as good as any if not a damn sight better. It cant compete with avignon or bruge on architecture but culture isnt just bricks and mortar. Its only 15 years ago that cork city was a complete dump but thats changed. Pana is as fine a street as any in Ireland and cork has a unique atmosphere. Its the biggest town in the world and has the best pubs and best pub atmosphere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement