Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opeth

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 No 1 Metal Fan

Do you have problem with me don't try to be smart ass with me by the way bring it on I'm making a point here about Opeth

Speaking of which did I not say I just joined this site so didn't see how old it was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

No one was being a smart ass with you.Seeing as you are a newbie they were just explaining to you that zombie threads are generally frowned upon.

This is one of the friendliest forums I frequent about metal and people are quite helpful.

Oh,and all hail Opeth \m/

Okay thanks for listening Nea

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Hi Starbreaker i just joined this today only getting used to it I wanted to say I disagree with you Opeth have gone down hill in my book I do however agree there are great metal doom band but I find some there albums weren't great but Still Life, Morning Rise, Blackwater Park, Watershed, Orchid after that in my own opinon that was it

I agree with you there. Opeth have gone downhill now, and the new album 'Heritage' is not that great either, and just too laid back now for me. I know bands move on, but I really miss those awesome riffs and vocals from outstanding albums like Morning Rise, Still Life and Blackwater Park'. I really thought that they went downhill quite a lot after 'Blackwater Park' though. I found the albums after pretty damn dissapointing, and I also found 'Ghost Reveries' to boring guitar riffs and the guitar sound as well. 'Watershed' did however have some brilliant songs like Burden and some other class ones as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

No 1 Metal Fan: First off I'd be curious how your join date is given as July 2011 but you say you joined yesterday.

Secondly, leaving that aside, I would have thought the thing to do when approaching something new (not necessarily this or any other forum) is to get a feel for it first, read around, make sure you take on board (no pun intended) any instructions. One thing you really shouldn't do is mis-interpret what someone has written and get narky when you get corrected. Spend some time reading around here. There is a lot of useful information there. If you have specific questions regarding this forum or indeed any in the music category feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thirdly, for what it's worth I had to re-read riffmongous's post a couple of times before I understood what was meant. Obviously the Kilkenny accent affects writing too :p

Lastly I'm closing this thread now. For various reasons it's not good to post on old threads. If you or anyone else wants to discuss Opeth or one of their albums please do so in a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement