Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opeth

Options
  • 08-10-2004 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Just a quick boring question. I got 'My Arms, Your Hearse' recently and it's great. So.....what next?? Any recommendations? I hear 'Deliverence' is good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Any recommendations? I hear 'Deliverence' is good.

you hear right, i have deliverance and its very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Blackwater Park

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Doctor J wrote:
    Blackwater Park
    spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Get Cynic's album Focus and forget you ever heard of Opeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No, Deliverance is thier worst album by far... Horrible introduction to the band.

Blackwater Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

christ... another one......

just make a sticky saying:

"these are the Opeth albums you should get in order to get into them"

ohh get Blackwater Park and Damnation next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Still Life damnit :P

No, Deliverance is thier worst album by far... Horrible introduction to the band.

i liked it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

grimloch wrote:
    i liked it....

I'm sure you did... It's not really that bad an album at all, but it's still the poorest effert from Opeth I've heard.

I'm sure you did... It's not really that bad an album at all, but it's still the poorest effert from Opeth I've heard.

i thought it was allright, not the best but it was good, ill probably try some of their other stuff, if thats the worst then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Blackwater Park and Damnation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Blackwater Park is by far the best. The Leper Affinity is such a brilliant intro. It just gives you an overall flavour of the guys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Picked a great album to start off with! :D As said before, follow it up with Blackwater Park, Still Life, and Damnation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Just get them all in one go, hang the expense and thank me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Blackwater Park is by far the best. The Leper Affinity is such a brilliant intro. It just gives you an overall flavour of the guys

Don't listen to him! he kept puking in a bottle and got it confiscasted...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

That is neither here nor there. it is still a brilliant album. who is this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It's damn good alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Starbreaker

Opeth are the best progressive metal/death metal band around guys. Blackwater park is defenitely their best effort but damnation is a close second. i agree that my arms your hearse is also brilliant especially demon of the fall and The Amen Corner. if you really want to get a taste of what Opeth are all about, buy the DVD Lamentations. i went to that gig and it is by far the best live gig ive ever seen bar none. the documentary is also awesome. Also, check out porcupine tree for opeth style solos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Sonic Titan

I reckon you should get all their albums. Great band and sound guys.
    And yes Starbreaker, Porcupine Tree are amazing, really talented with great tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Ren0

My friend gave me Black Water Park and its awesome.

What album is Demon Of The Fall on?

Check out Orchidia by Porcupine Tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Ren0 wrote:
    What album is Demon Of The Fall on?

My Arms, Your Hearse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 No 1 Metal Fan

Just a quick boring question. I got 'My Arms, Your Hearse' recently and it's great. So.....what next?? Any recommendations? I hear 'Deliverence' is good.
    Still Life and Watershed wasn't that bad actually that's another good one

Opeth are the best progressive metal/death metal band around guys. Blackwater park is defenitely their best effort but damnation is a close second. i agree that my arms your hearse is also brilliant especially demon of the fall and The Amen Corner. if you really want to get a taste of what Opeth are all about, buy the DVD Lamentations. i went to that gig and it is by far the best live gig ive ever seen bar none. the documentary is also awesome. Also, check out porcupine tree for opeth style solos.
    Hi Starbreaker i just joined this today only getting used to it I wanted to say I disagree with you Opeth have gone down hill in my book I do however agree there are great metal doom band but I find some there albums weren't great but Still Life, Morning Rise, Blackwater Park, Watershed, Orchid after that in my own opinon that was it

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Still Life and Watershed wasn't that bad actually that's another good one
    Hi Starbreaker i just joined this today only getting used to it I wanted to say I disagree with you Opeth have gone down hill in my book I do however agree there are great metal doom band but I find some there albums weren't great but Still Life, Morning Rise, Blackwater Park, Watershed, Orchid after that in my own opinon that was it
    Bear in mind this thread is 7 years old :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Bear in mind this thread is 7 years old :pac:[/QUO Yeah well fair enough but I only joined today to bear in mind :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Ghost Reveries is their best album

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

wow, this thread is a bit mind-blowing, 7 years.. I hated metal all the way back then and wouldnt hear of Opeth for another few years.

So why are you making a thread on this subject then if you hated metal I couldn't care Less if you hated metal cause actually for 7 years I love metal and I still do :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

So why are you making a thread on this subject then if you hated metal I couldn't care Less if you hated metal cause actually for 7 years I love metal and I still do :mad:

Notice he said "hated" as in past tense. And also then says he listened to Opeth years later... Implying he likes metal now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Notice he said "hated" as in past tense. And also then says he listened to Opeth years later... Implying he likes metal now.

Thank you Dr. Poca :)

No 1 Metal Fan it's generally frowned upon to drag up threads that are over a year old, unless its a pretty specific topic, most of the time they will just be locked by a moderator. You are better off just starting a new thread yourself.

And for the record My Arms was my first and favourite Opeth album which I bought in 2007 ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement