Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

Kids his age aren't supposed to fear those things not that young. I mean this is the same kid who hasn't got a clue of what the Dail is, you know? They're not supposed to know that acts of mass murder are carried out just because people don't agree.
    True they should maybe know their bad but then again are all terrorist movements bad? Plus they only really believe that terrorists are 'Osama Bin Laden' that's it. Just because they've heard the 2 things referred to in the same senetence so much
    I'm sorry I just don't think it's right that they should have a fear of something that they don't fully understand. It's not good, it's how prejudice is formed; 'oh your wearing a turban, like the terrorists on tv do,Terrorists are scary and bad: therefore you must be bad, ergo i think i hate you' some random 7yr old kid walking down a street
    I'm sorry I just needed a rant I'll shut up now it just kinda scared me that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

I think the very idea that he wants to dress up as a terrorist is kind of scary. I mean, terrorism is a very real thing and definitely doesn't fall into the same category as ghosts and witches. It does kind of imply that kid's take these things lightly, and that the word terrorist is being thrown around so much over their heads that it's lost all its impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Kids should be taught that muslim =/= terrorist, and that "Republican" does not always mean good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Anyone else hate it when the clocks go back and your dad doesn't know and WAKES YOU UP AT 9AM ON A SUNDAY?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh, that sucks. I was up early anyway.

My plans involve boredom and depression and exploding stuff.

Dothee, who be you? I thought I was the only Marys person here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Depression of some kind is usually a precursor to things exploding.

Okay, that was a reallly really bad pun and with any luck no one will get it...

I got it....
    But I was going to blow stuff up and then run out of ideas and get depressed. I work differently! :p

Dude, you can never run out of things to blow up.

I can run out of explosives, and someone swiped my big ones! :mad:

Don't even suggest running out of explosives...
    *rocks back and forth*

• Advertisement

/Pushes PFM over and runs away.
    *Tee Hee*

*springs to feet and unleashes firey hell. 'Cause she can do that.*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

I'm sorry I just don't think it's right that they should have a fear of something that they don't fully understand.

Do you fully underdstand the boogie man? No. He's still one scary motherf*cker.
    Anyway, to my real point, the only things you fear are those things that you don't understand. If you understand something, there is no reason to fear it (usually). It's just human nature to fear the unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Colm, do you really understand the coat monster? He's a reaally sweet guy y'know., if you get underneath all the coats. (In a non-sexual way of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

There ya go. Prove my (incredibly badly illustrated) point why don't ya?
    You understand the coat monster, and realise that he's really a sweet guy. I still don't know the coat monster, so I fear him. (this is a hypathetical(sp?) situation. I, of course, fear nothing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I really hope that was sarcastic.
    =/= means "not equal to"

!= is also acceptable last I checked. And it uses less letters...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Sometimes if you understand more about something it can make you more afraid of it. When I was young fire was just a part of my life, like in winter we'd always have a fire in the hearth. After I saw All Dogs go to heaven I realised that fire can kill and cause suffering. I spent the next 7 years hating/fearing fire with a passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Dude, you can never run out of things to blow up.
    We were setting off fireworks and one of them frickin attacked us! Then it almost hit a car. So we ran inside.

Would of been funnier if it had blown it up. :D

Advertisement