Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halloween

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [.quote] [/quote] tags.

Thats the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Now now Aonghus. What were we told about trying to act the mod? Who cares? It's his problem if he gets banned anyway. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy his sig. By the way, the screenshotting dealy doesn't work for me. Pity, would have been funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I think it is a great sig but he must've spent so long doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Or he just copied it off somewhere.

Personally I prefer the joke sigs.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Anyway, who wants some free good rep?

• Advertisement

Me! (so fickle)
    I think I gave you some good rep a while ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

*Raises hand and realises he's at a midgit convention (also known as an Aine convention)*

I would please like some rep and in return you will get some too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Woot! Go the green exchange!

We are such... what's that word? Eh, screw intelligence. We like popularity and all that jazz!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

ok on the subject of halloween anybody know where i could find a couple of pictures of serious depressed clowns, not scary clowns, just depressed ones.
    PS-sorry to bardge in on flow of the post!

Meh. Stop bitching. You got your rep. Now sit there and eat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

By the way, the screenshotting dealy doesn't work for me. Pity, would have been funny.
    You only press Print Screen, you don't hold down Alt Gr

Perhaps here? Or you could try depressed either.

Thanks Barry.
    And here we have it:

Sorry about the lack of colour and that. The file was too big with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

What a brilliantly rambling thread...

(I want rep points. I don't know how to give them but tell me how and I'll return them)

The scales (I think it's a scales in the normal... thing) button at the bottom of the box containing the username is the karma button. If you're using cloud it's a yin yan symbol.

Thanks Barry.
    And here we have it:

Sorry about the lack of colour and that. The file was too big with it all.
    Hiss! IE. Firefox is superior. Less popups and spyware too.
    And hey, my rep is there. Woo famous am I... I wish people would write ME notes in my rep...

Cheers

Just kinda returing to the subject do you people think Fireworks should be legalised so that there is less chance of gettin ****ty ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

My little bro bought bangers and stuff really cheap from this guy who lives near me. He went to Belfast and got €800 worth of fireworks.there are several fireworks displays near my gaf everynight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

i reckon they might as well be legalised, theres never a problem getting them so whats the point in keepin them banned? The confiscated ones only go to the guards and their friends anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

My brother bought fireworks off about 10 people in his class. there's absolutely no point in them being illegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Dothee

We're known as the Marys Fairies. Oh the derrogation of it! :p
    I'm in st. marys as well
    What rings? Jesus my school focuses more on rugby than on academic work! It's great. As along as you play rugby thigs go your way. Certain things are let slide.
    This is also soo true, only to mr. breslins joy i don't play rugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Anyone have any particularely outrageous plans for the weekend? I'v school on monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well me and my uber-rebellious friends are going to my friends Gaff and we're gonna make porridge. Yeah, that's right PORRIDGE! Then we are going trick-or-treating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

I'll be waching School of Rock. Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

yeah, well i'm going to A BALL!!! beat that.

I asked my 8yr old brother what he was dressing up as this year and after thinking for less than a moment he says 'a terrorist'. This was completely his own idea, didn't talk to anyone about it. Does anybody else find it extremely scary that children now days think of terrorists the same way they think of ghosts and monsters?? Or is it just me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I asked my 8yr old brother what he was dressing up as this year and after thinking for less than a moment he says 'a terrorist'. This was completely his own idea, didn't talk to anyone about it. Does anybody else find it extremely scary that children now days think of terrorists the same way they think of ghosts and monsters?? Or is it just me?
    It could be construed as a good thing, as it indicates that children recognise that terrorists are bad people, as opposed to the cuddly peace-process-loving freedom fighters the government is portraying some of them as

Advertisement