Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favorite Cartoon

Options
13»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I loved Rainbow Bright! I also liked My Little Pony, She-Ra/He-Man, Thundercats, Bravestar, Dogtanion, Bananaman, Count Duckula, all the WB characters but esp Bugs Bunny, Anamaniacs, Tiny Toons Adventures...the list is endless really.

The only modern cartoon I really like is The Fairly Oddparents...it's just so off the wall

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Only just read 2nd page...OMG how did I forget Mr Ben! That was far and away my favourite!

But does anyone remember The Enchanted Forest? It had a fat fairy in it and an evil tv that was a witch.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

the mysterious cities of gold..... ( have the entire series on cd)
    mr benn
    danger mouse
    cockelshell bay ( not quite a cartoon, puppets iirc, but class none the less)
    anamanic's
    the turtles,
    BOD, ( remember him?)

and how come nobody has mentioned the majic roundabout?

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

batman was quality,
    earthworm jim was definitely good,
    garfield is as always an absolute legend and
    the theme tune to BOD was priceless

also, the tick ("spoooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!) :D

btw, i only found this out recently, but sonic the hedgehog the cartoon was sponsored by a company that makes chilli dogs
    (that might explain a few things actually)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Four pages, four, and no one has mentioned my second favourite, after Ulysees 31.

Rude Dog and the Dweebs.

Legends they were, especially the posh one with the monocle, Winston if I remember correctly.

20-14078.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

Only just read 2nd page...OMG how did I forget Mr Ben! That was far and away my favourite!

But does anyone remember The Enchanted Forest? It had a fat fairy in it and an evil tv that was a witch.
    I remember that! Was that not called Willow the Wisp?
    http://195.137.125.242/glitternet/programmes/willowthewisp.htm

I loved the Moomins.
    http://www.themoomins.com/mumins/?l=e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

anybody remember Sandokan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

toss up between

alvin the chipmunk

and

Burt Racoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭grimsbymatt

iguana wrote:
    She-ra; Princess of Power, by far and away my favourite I got them all on dvd a few months ago and even as an adult i think some of them are quite well written (though the He-man & She-ra Christmas special is just embarrassing.
    Defenders of the Earth,
    Spiderman and His Amazing Friends,
    and Wildfire, which very few people remember, it used to be on network 2 on tuesday afternoons. It was about Sara who discovers she is the dethroned princess of the planet Thornia and she is taken there by her horse Wildfire.
    It's about time someone mentioned Defenders of the Earth. Clearly the best cartoon ever, with a theme tune second only to Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Oooh, yes.

Ulysses 31
    Transformers
    Jayce & Wheeled Warriors
    Dungeons & Dragons,
    He-Man
    Thundercats

Later

Earthworn Jim, deffo one of the better acid freak cartoons of the time

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Bananaman, Earthworm Jim, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

Those sort of gothically drawn Batman series, Invader Zim, Futurama, Family Guy, Spiderman (not the really early ones or the latest ones, the middle edition, Venom and Carnage were class), Skeleton Warriors, Garfield, The Looney tunes (especially Daffy Duck)

Oh and Pinky and the Brain, they're brilliant, I've got their meticulous analysis of history song on my iPod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 storm_jet

dino riders, transformers, dragonball (z, gt),gundam wing, family guy
    and the best of all the tick.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Anyone rember tintin.

storm_jet wrote:
    dino riders, transformers, dragonball (z, gt),gundam wing, family guy
    and the best of all the tick.
    The Tick? Was that the guy in the blue suit who had a sidekick dressed as a moth? Warcry was something along the lines of SPPPPOOOOOOOOOONNN?

Advertisement