Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pub in limerick ?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Cery small too. I think Nancy's is probably the best even though similar. All these pubs are jammed packed to the brim. I prefer to go to a hotel and have about 4 pints and then head into Nancy's or smyths. Drinkin LEFFE at home is the way to go for me at the moment though. then headin into town. that stuff blows your mind and its the nicest beer goin

Charlies is a complete dive of a place. the old quarter is not bad. pity about the bouncers. if they don't like ur hair, they dont let u in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

The Haven, just down the road opposite the train station.

Yea I meant the one on cruises street haha. the one opposite the trainstation isn't too bad. full of old people though and way out of my way so i don't bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

It's great for a song if you catch a good man called Joe in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Holy crap, this thread is 4 years old. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

still relevant though (especially for me who has only just started going out in Limerick).

Not really a pub but mollys is always good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

Best pub in Limerick is Tom Collinses.
    Also, reading back over this thread... I bloody miss quin's and the high stool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

froodie wrote: »
    Also, reading back over this thread... I bloody miss quin's and the high stool :D

you would say that!! you gonna bring me there sometime soon froodie?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

froodie knows the score.

• Advertisement

fatgav wrote: »
    you would say that!! you gonna bring me there sometime soon froodie?? :D

Gav, darlin, last time I brought you there was deliciously disastrous! I may have to bring you again, and show that I'm capable of behaving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Gav, darlin, last time I brought you there was deliciously disastrous! I may have to bring you again, and show that I'm capable of behaving :)

ha as if! i'll take that bet...

fatgav wrote: »
    ha as if! i'll take that bet...

You're on, kiddo... you may regret that. :)

Actually, I know it's not technically in Limerick, but The Lame Duck in Gillogue is good for a quiet pint. It's a bit of an adventure to get there as well... a nice stroll from the University on a sunny Sunday. It's a quiet local bar, so not exactly a party pub, but pulls a very good pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

shhh!!!!! ul ruin it!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 The Analyst

Haven't read through the thread fully but my shout is for the Glen Tavern on Lower Glentworth St.

Where everything for lunch comes with chips (probably the second nicest in Limerick after Enzo's) and they haven't heard of writing orders down. Every order is shouted down the stairs at the back of the bar!!

My favourites are the non standard orders like " Nugget and chip, curry over the chips no salad", the ould gut usually runs out of breath before he finishes the sentence!!

Can't say what it's like at night, i'd say it's a local older crowd.

p.s The pints aren't bad either!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nancy's remains my favourite pub in town, albeit the crowds and cues there on weekends can be very annoying. The Locke bar is great in the summer and South's do a mean pint of Guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

the locke bar is pretty nice in the summer....the cuckoo box is my next fave.

bakers and wicked chicken for live entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

yeah, I'm making a point of going to TC's more often. anything I can do to keep it open!! was my only spot as a younger man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

godfrey wrote: »
    yeah, I'm making a point of going to TC's more often. anything I can do to keep it open!! was my only spot as a younger man ;)

A pint of plain there now be wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It would be fairly manky after 12 years when this thread was started though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

YFlyer wrote: »
    A pint of plain there now be wonderful.

Shame pint would be 12 years out of date

bazz26 wrote: »

Damn our beautiful minds.

Also damn the boards bug that they're ignoring showing old threads using the touch site.

That would of been pre Donal Mulcahy? Where a session could unofficially start up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

16 years! It was resurrected after 4

Do they still have the electronic toilet roll dispencers in the Schollars?

As relevant now as then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I’d say as long as the bug with the mobile version exists there’ll be plenty more old threads appearing.

I’d say as long as the bug with the mobile version exists there’ll be plenty more old threads appearing.

Have seen over many forums already, bargain alerts was mental, nearly a mod there full time just cleaning up.

Berty wrote: »
    Have seen over many forums already, bargain alerts was mental, nearly a mod there full time just cleaning up.

Billy the squid took no prisoners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I would agree about the bouncers they can be tossers, specially the ones at smyths and trinity rooms. what harm smyths is a crap bar.

That's a few places you have problems with the security staff, do you ever stop for a minute and think the problem is probably you?.

I've been in probably every bar in Limerick city, I love the place (I'm a Dub btw). I've never had a problem with any security down there, but then I don't give them reason to have a problem with me.

Since the topic is Limericks best pub, my choice (it wouldn't be everyone's) is Charlie Malones on Wolfe Tone St. I've never been in it when I didn't have a great time, you meet good decent Limerick folk and can have a decent chat with the staff.

Dolans isn't bad either, but since its the first Limerick city pub I've had a night in its got good memories too, so too has Nancy Blakes. There's been very few bars I didn't enjoy in Limerick, but Limericks real strength is the people in the bars. Probably because of the Dub accent or that I might occasionally wear Leinster rugby tops but there's always someone to have the banter and craic with in Limerick city.

I was supposed to be heading down for the Great Limerick Run on May third but the pandemic has put that on hold, as soon as the madness is over and a new date confirmed for the run is announced I'll be back down for another couple of pints :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That's a few places you have problems with the security staff, do you ever stop for a minute and think the problem is probably you?.

I've been in probably every bar in Limerick city, I love the place (I'm a Dub btw). I've never had a problem with any security down there, but then I don't give them reason to have a problem with me.

You're after replying to a post from the autumn of 2004. :pac:

Advertisement