Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Titor

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭anvilfour

Were there any calander corrections mentioned in JT accounts ?

Titor said his own "world line" differed from ours.. in other words his claims are unfalsifiable as anything that does/does not happen could be attributed to the fact he's from a different timeline to the rest of us.

The Wikipedia article mentions the number of parallels between Titor's post-apocalyptic and Pat Frank's Alas Babylon including:

- Nuclear war with Russia.
    - A female President.
    - Devaluation of the dollar and the rise of private currencies and bartering.
    - Formation of local militias to keep law and order.

etc. etc.

A great story all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Desmonddoyle

I'd love to believe travelling back in time was possible, but nothing about anything John Titor has said has changed my mind that it has been done, or can be done.
    As someone else said, it's an obvious hoax and it just falls apart when you scratch any part of the surface, no matter how much you want it to be true.

It would have been better if he managed to get a few things spot on coincidently to string it along for a while, but he's just been consistently wrong on any specifics.

Would make a great film though - not sure if that one 'safety not guaranteed' was based on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭anvilfour

I'd love to believe travelling back in time was possible, but nothing about anything John Titor has said has changed my mind that it has been done, or can be done.
    As someone else said, it's an obvious hoax and it just falls apart when you scratch any part of the surface, no matter how much you want it to be true.

It would have been better if he managed to get a few things spot on coincidently to string it along for a while, but he's just been consistently wrong on any specifics.

Would make a great film though - not sure if that one 'safety not guaranteed' was based on this.

Yes indeed, or perhaps a musical (think one was written!)

Unfortunately his claims are unfalsifiable in that whenever you point out correctly to his detractors that none of his predictions have come true, they point out that we're on a different world line because Titor changed events... you'd think it would be quite easy to substantiate your claims in these circumstances!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 foxpianotuning

Haven't read about john titor in years. Gas. Was a really interesting hoax. Im pretty sure the guy who did it was found out a few years back. Could be wrong but that was the last thing i heard

Advertisement