Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 or Xbox?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I buy PS2's to throw at small children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

i dont accept that "XBOX is huge" argument....if u want something small get a GBA SP FFS!! If you want graphical power, get xbox. I dunno bout anyone else, but my xbox sits under my tv, and doesnt move much so size doesn't really matter.

The xbox has built in hard drive, 4 gamepad ports, built in networking....

am i the only one who prefers the xbox joypads?

I like gran turismo and GTA too much to get rid of the PS2!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DieHardGamer

Okay okay, everyone else is right. Get an Xbox, i give up. Just thought id start a friendly debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Okay okay, everyone else is right. Get an Xbox, i give up. Just thought id start a friendly debate.
    You did start one. And you lost.

Sucka!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I pitty da fool that starts a thread and loses the arguement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

You know what, who gives a sh*t whats better, they are both brilliant consoles, to each their own. Game on.

You probably went back on your information and realised that the Xbox was not released five years after the PS2.
    The new flat ps2 looks cool, wheres the flat Xbox??!!!!!!
    Fanboy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Jammer wrote:

am i the only one who prefers the xbox joypads?

I'm with you on this one. I even prefer the big xbox joypads, not the pussy wee ones. I find the ps2 analogue sticks just too awkward to use full time.

Shoulder buttons are nice on ps2 though - four of them - very handy.

But give me the responsive, ergonomic (when using two analogue sticks - must for fps fans) design of the xbox pad any day.
    Oh and there's the whole double port on the front of the pads too for all your different do-da's and whatsits. Makes pluggin in mem cards and headsets and the like much easier - no getting up to go to the machine!!
    Hehe.

Okay fair enough, i was wrong bout the 5 year gap, although it sure did feel like 5 years. yes the hard drive on xbox is handy but you cant bring your game data around to your mates for a good game of DoA without having to unlock all the characters again on his machine. Both consoles have good and bad points, but most of them are a matter of opinion not facts. the facts are that xbox has better graphics, power, memory, more ports, less games and Halo. the matter of opinion is the size, the joypad, the better games, the custom soundtracks and the memery card practicality as mentioned above.
    You prefer Xbox, i prefer PS2. Big deal.
    You say tomato, i say uh... tomato.
    Yet we still have something in comman: we all love games and thats the main thing!!

yes the hard drive on xbox is handy but you cant bring your game data around to your mates for a good game of DoA without having to unlock all the characters again on his machine.

Sorry man, thats nonsense, xbox has memory cards too. they plug into one of the slots on the top of the joypad.
    You can carry all your profiles around with you, game data, even your xbox live subscription and profile.
    Please please go read about the xbox will you? Have you ever actually used one? You may be surprised and see that the only 2 things the xbox lacks against the ps2 is choice of games (getting better tho) and out-of-the-box DVD functionality.

Seriously, find a mate who has one, swap consoles for a week and then come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You prefer Xbox, i prefer PS2. Big deal.

You're the one that started the discussion and tried to convince everyone the PS2 is much better than the Xbox. You can't do that and then switch sides and make everyone else out to be stupid for engaging in your discussion.
    Yet we still have something in comman: we all love games and thats the main thing!!

Yes, you love them as long as they're on the PS2, because it must suck if it's on the Xbox right? You don't love games, you love your PS2, there's a difference.

You seem to have a thing against the console despite the fact you haven't researched or it played it. I really would recommend borrowing a mate's Xbox for a week (if he/she will let you) and playing around with it. Expand your horizons. Love games, not consoles.

• Advertisement

Okay, i admit defeat, the results of the poll speak for themselves, although it felt like it was me against all the Xbox lovers, where are the opinions of the 12 people who voted for PS2??! Cmon PS2 gamers, help me fight back!!!
    Games are more important to me then graphics and there are more games on PS2 thats why im a loyal PS2 fan. Games with crap graphics can be just as good or even better then games with great graphics by the way. You are all just going for what looks good not what is good. Beauty is not skin deep!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

ownedkid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Me thinks bad rep came from this thread (he he)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Okay, i admit defeat, the results of the poll speak for themselves, although it felt like it was me against all the Xbox lovers, where are the opinions of the 12 people who voted for PS2??! Cmon PS2 gamers, help me fight back!!!

I voted PS2.
    Only because I have one, and have hardly played the XBOX.
    I'm no fanboy though. The PS2 just has games that the XBOX doesn't like Gran Turismo and Pro Ev (although that's about to change).
    Also, I got a PS2 before the XBOX had come out, then I got a Gamecube.
    So I don't really want an XBOX. Doesn't mean its a bad console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

Get a Super Nintendo, they are much better than both.

blobert wrote:
    Get a Super Nintendo, they are much better than both.

Although many may disagree I still rate Super Mario Kart on the SNES as THE best game ever - Across all formats. Feck all the new features added in N64 and GameCube. It was pure karting fun and got quite tricky in the higher engine modes. Genius.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I own an Xbox, GC and PS2 by the way and i still prefer the PS2, graphics isnt everything.
    As for the Gamecube, c'mon thats for 10 year olds.

Anyone notice this load of ****?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He does in his sack own all 3 consoles. Mammy wouldn't let him have more than 1 in the house.

Tard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

It shouldn't matter which console is better then the other. All that should matter is that the games are good and fun.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Beat Metroid Prime on hard, or Viewtiful Joe on Ultra V Rated, or beat the staff ghosts on F-Zero GX and come back and say that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

can you do that miss kirby? I know i cant. Ive beaten about 2 of the ghosts(although i have only bothered unlocking about 7). im stuck on another joe in viewtiful joe on adults. and i havnt tried the hard difficulty on MP

Nope, and that's exactly my point. Could you imagine a 10 year old doing all of that?

I could have done it when I was ten. these 18(and a half :D ) year old hands are on their last fingers(see what I did... instead of last legs! yea im funny) and cant keep up with these new games. :D

*readies time machine*
    *grabs 10 year old evad_lhorg*
    *throws in GC and games*
    *sets challenges*

Done!!! got a bit of street fighter 2 practice in back in 1996 too :D

Retr0gamer wrote:
    He does in his sack own all 3 consoles.

I do own all 3 consoles, thats why i came to the conclusion that GC is for kids, how many more Mario games are they gonna do before they get the hint. Yes it has some adult games but the majority is for kids, Mario, Pokemon..did i say mario. Cant think of any more cause i cant be bothered to find out about it. How do I end a tread? Its over i lost fair and square.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You don't end a thread, it stays here as long as people are interested in it, which I suspect will not be long. Your fatal mistakes were as follows:

1. Failing to read the Games forum long enough to understand it's culture.
    2. Being a typical clichéd fanboy.
    3. Even in defeat you are repeating standard clichés about consoles we've all heard a million times before. Why not form your own opinion?
    4. Not shutting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I had a Playstation. I had a quick go on a friends xbox playing Halo. I bought the xbox just to play Halo and haven't looked back since. Xbox Live is a great craic. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

5. Insulting Mario. Even the most corrupt and evil editor of an official PS magazine would admit how great mario games are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Yes it has some adult games but the majority is for kids, Mario, Pokemon..did i say mario.

Why do you keep making stupid ill informed comments, if you want to bash a console you should at least know what you are talking about.

If you admit you where defeated why do you keeping going on about how great the PS2 is in other threads. :rolleyes:

Advertisement