Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sims 2!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I don't like the Sims, however after looking at this link it looks interesting.

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2392

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hobbes wrote:

O M G - that is SO funny - i was in fits reading that in work!!! The freaky kid!!! :p:p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hobbes wrote:

And I thought I was pychotic to my Sims! That's great stuff altogether - almost makes me want to buy it and create my own Marduk...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Does any1 know when its coming out for the ps2?

The Sims 2 isnt coming out on the PS2, however 'the Urbz: Sims in the City' is..
    The Sims franchise also will deliver a new console game this November to its loyal fan base, The Urbz: Sims in the City. For the first time, The Sims are moving to the city and it’s all about building reputation. Players will be able to unlock nine different districts in the city that never sleeps and gain access to all the hottest VIP spots while interacting with recording artists, The Black Eyed Peas. The soundtrack to the game includes nine exclusive re-recorded music tracks from The Black Eyed Peas - all in Simlish, the game’s quirky language. The Urbz: Sims in the City will be available early November for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo Game Boy® Advance and the Nintendo DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

I've never played The Sims, as I figured I'd get too addicted. But I think I'm about to relent and buy the damn thing. Damn you! Damn you all to hell I say!

Couple of questions:
    1. Can you get some big-ass guns and shoot people?
    2. I assume you can create a version of your real-life boss?
    Questions 1 and 2 are in no way related. Ahem.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Went off for a bit while playing this and forgot to pause. When I got back my sim was talking to the "Social Bunny". WTF?! Anyone else get this? He also started banging his head in the Fridge door. I think I broke him. Poor guy. Pity there's no "take class-A drugs" or "use length of rope" options.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I played it on a friends machine. I have to say I find the game extremly boring, but the attention to detail is incredible. It is a shame you can't get more control over the sims that way I'd start taking pictures and do some stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

This sounds great. I only ever messed about with the Sims 1, but love Sim City 4.

Might get this, when the price comes down in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Great game, I've a huge house and planty of Moulah after a week or so of playing. Some of the stuff is mad, I've had ghosts, been abducted by aliens and got 55,000 simolians for a patent as a mad scientest.

The Social Bunny comes if social goes red, I've also had a shrink at one stage after my Romance Aspiration guy had a baby.

The interactions between the sims are much better then in Sims 1, they actualy pay attention to what's happening. If a sims higene is low or they walk around naked they notice etc.

I expect a list of add ons over the next few years but I have to say I love this game as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah I got bored with it after less than a week, but it was fun while it lasted.

The Social Bunny is funny. If you switch to another Sim in the house, he won't see the social bunny, just the really sad/low-social Sim does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chris_d_rat

I was a fan of the original sims but I have to admit that compared with the Sims 2 it doesnt even rate! The Sims 2 is what the original game should have been, in 3d, with aging, more customisable etc.

If anyone out there comes up with a way of creating custom objects this game will be the ultimate sims experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Take a look here - some fansites already offer downloads for Sims 2.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The Sims get their own internet-TV show... from the makers of 'Reds vs Blues'...

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives/game_culture/2004/10/cinema_games_halo_and_the_sims_2_unite.html#more

Advertisement