Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sims 2!

Options
  • 17-09-2004 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't had a chance to play it properly as my laptop is getting repaired but having played my sister's copy for a while today...

It's totally cool! The options for customising faces are pretty much infinite, the neighbourhoods are really cool and even have the feel of Sim City 4 to them and the houses are in full 3-d and it's like being in the real world. So, a major thumbs up so far although I'm looking forward to getting more experience of the game and discovering all its subtleties.

Has anyone else played it yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

V good body shop tool to create your own sims too
    Try downloading some a the custom made ones

I was never a big fan of sims games but this one seems to have something for everyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

There's stuff to download already? Did it come out earlier in the US or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Is there a demo

*oh god i didnt just ask for a demo of a sim's game*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Haven't really tried the Body Shop yet, but the game itself is great! WAY more stuff in it than The Sims, and the Wants and Fears part of it is good too.

bizmark wrote:
    Is there a demo

*oh god i didnt just ask for a demo of a sim's game*

I don't think it would be possible to do a playable demo as the game engine is extremely complicated. I got a DVD showing clips and interviews with the makers but it doesn't really give a taste of playing the game. Maybe you could rent a copy or find a friend who has it.

Other stuff I like:

Genes - traits pass down the generations.
    Aging - kids grow up, become old etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I love how they show "movies" of your sims important parts of life like proposing, getting married, first time having sex with your partner sim etc... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Spent the best part of the day playing this.

Its so addictive, the body shop is amazing too!

The one problem I have with it is that EA have left out a LOT of things that could eaily have been but in but will now be convientiently added in expansions (maybe im wrong but I think at least 1 expansion will come out!). E.G the Guitar.

Its a really cool addictive game, think ill play a bit more actually! Iv got one guy and hes got the best athletic job etc, I think ill get him a bitch and a kid now, but once my sims go over about 2 I lose all control!

I've been playing this a good bit today too, I felt like I was still playing The Sims even after I stopped playing! :o

My guy's become an Elder now, I might adopt a kid for him, cos he's gonna be dead soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

:(:(:(

Can't afford it yet! i'll have to wait a few more weeks befgore I can get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

What kind of rating /10 would you give it? I was thinking of getting it...

• Advertisement

9/10
    It's very addictive, much more addictive than it's predecessor(sp?). I love the body shop too. In Sims 1, after a couple is married, alot of interactions between them is lost i.e they can't do them, which was weird, but in Sims 2 you can still get those interactions after you married.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My guy's become an Elder now, I might adopt a kid for him, cos he's gonna be dead soon.

you can stop him aging!!! You get to the console by pressing ctrl+shift+c then type in aging - on/off....Is there a money cheat in this one or do you just get a bunch of money trees??

Ah no thats cheating!

Anyway, you can make him drink the "Exelir of Live" and it makes him 3 or 4 days younger!

Ye use the exeler of life!!

Ye money cheat is, IM NOT TELLING! But it gives you a motherload of money.
    (PS anyone that knows the cheat I know what iv done)

Dont cheat it ruins the game.

Does anyone know how to divorce someone! Cause I married the mailwoman and she had a tragic "accident" and sadly is no longer with us, but I cant marry my new interest! I can have kids with her and all but no marrage :(

Also I dont feel as rich as I did in the last one, I have the top job in atletics and money coming out my ears, but I have nothing to buy and my house doesnt look to snazzy, it is painfully obvious that EA have ommitted this purposfully and I wouldnt be surprised to see an axpansion for christmas.

Rating. 9/10, just stupidly addictive.

Plus they omitted rugs in Sims 2, I wanted to put rugs on my floor. :confused:

Is it just me or is money much harder to come by in this game? The most I've ever had is about 3 or 4 thousand.

And are the career ladders much MUCH shorter? I seem to be getting to the top of the job ladder after only 2 or 3 promotions?

How many sim days does each stage in the lifecycle last?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Does any1 know when its coming out for the ps2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

on the eh version i have when i load up i get the option for pleasentville, strangetown, one other neighbour hood then an option to create a new neighbour hood

is this the full version of the game i have?

I don't know what an "eh version" is but I have the same options on the normal version for sale in shops.

• Advertisement

Ye use the exeler of life!!

Ye money cheat is, IM NOT TELLING! But it gives you a motherload of money.
    (PS anyone that knows the cheat I know what iv done)

Dont cheat it ruins the game. .
    That much eh ;) tis ok I looked it up!!
    Does anyone know how to divorce someone! Cause I married the mailwoman and she had a tragic "accident" and sadly is no longer with us, but I cant marry my new interest! I can have kids with her and all but no marrage :(

My Sim guy's aspirations are all about his wife and child but yer one is only interested in making out/woohooing with multiple sims!!And now yer man wants another kid!!! :eek:

tk123 wrote:
    That much eh ;) tis ok I looked it up!!

My Sim guy's aspirations are all about his wife and child but yer one is only interested in making out/woohooing with multiple sims!!And now yer man wants another kid!!! :eek:
    Romance sims are evil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

But thats the main bit a the game for older sims

Theyre releasing lots of little addons for the body shop but the patch is promising the whole load in one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

simu wrote:
    I don't know what an "eh version" is but I have the same options on the normal version for sale in shops.

Its the extended demo version of the game if you know what i mean "wink wink nudge nudge"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

bizmark wrote:
    Its the extended demo version of the game if you know what i mean "wink wink nudge nudge"

very well put bizmark exactly what he said

Im pretty sure if you read the rules your not allowed talk about "extended demos" so hush up before your shutdown :D

And I think I cant marry her because she is married to the alien guy from down the road, so I keep getting her to fight with him.

My guy wants to be rich and im not sure of my wifes aspirations but she is really easy to get into platinum cause all she ever wants is to talk to be or flirt or kiss me, so I do that for 2 mins and she is in platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I got a pile of money in the game, without cheating.

Picked the Slacker career for my romance-aspiration guy (he looks like a manga character), he became a home video editor after a while and was offered a job where he had to pick between two options (something and bunny rabbits). Picked the second option and he was given 75k. Built me a nice extension with that :)
    House is huge now, plasma screen telly, game consoles, all sorts of nifty stuff.

I started off with 2 characters (well, really 3 but the third was crap so I moved him out). He's a romance-sim, she's family-sim. She wants to marry him and have his babies and he wants to cheat all the time. His most recent aspiration was to sleep with 10 different sims. They've both slept with the maid I don't know how many times.

I wanted them to break up but they were married and really happy. So I planned for him to cheat and her to walk in on them. She wasn't happy. You'll get the break up option that way :) Now she's married to another family-sim guy and they've just had twins.

It's surprisingly easy to make people sleep with eachother.

Ah, also, my family-sim is a Criminal and she's making piles of money every day (like 1.5k).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I have to say that being a longtime fan of the Sims 1 (all expansion packs - fanatic extras downloader) I was expecting a lot from the Sims 2.

I am mostly impressed. The gameplay is MUCH better, particularly the graphics. It also loads a lot faster than the old one.

I'm disappointed that they didnt put in weather, but I knew it wasnt coming so I'm ok about it.

Has anyone noticed the Pleasant family in Pleasantville?

The father is a horny goat!! He keeps wanting to "woo-hoo" with 3 different sims even though he's married, is having an affair with the maid, and want to "woo-hoo" in public! that's a bit dodgy for a game thats rated 7+ don't you think?

Overall, I think it's great. It will take a bit of getting used to, but I love the ageing and the aspirations. I'd give it 9/10.

When they are dancing with that weird mop+paper plate face thing - do they want to meet somebody/are they horny!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

am i the only one who doesn't think it's that different than the sims. it just felt like i was playing the same game, with better graphics, and an extra option or two. but than again, i will, for all time, have an all cunsuming hatred for the first game.

Advertisement