Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally!!! A Proper Ffvii Sequel!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Lol No matter how bad or good it will be u just no that everyone here will be playing it the week it comes out :D

Actually what platforms it comming out on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

I read console-only, possibly Ps2 (given the sony-Square) link.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lol No matter how bad or good it will be u just no that everyone here will be playing it the week it comes out :D

How right you are. No matter how bad FFX-2 is I am still compelled to beat it one day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

astrofool wrote:
    its not like its gonna ruin the first game ?

true in a sense but look at what x-2 did to x, i had just about beat that penance fellow, played x-2 and actually havent gone back to x, a poor follow up can ruin a good game but you do have point

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Can't help but feel this is a bit of a cash-in by Square, timed nicely to coincide with the release of Advent Children. Both fans of the original FFVII and the new fans that Square will aquire after the release of Advent Children will lap this up in their droves.

The Final Fantasy brand is becoming a cash chocobo for Square, which makes me worried that this title will forgo any attempt at further developing the FFVII world and story, and simply cash it in for some easy €€€.

• Advertisement

This may seem crazy but what if the sequel was a GOOD game? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

This may seem crazy but what if the sequel was a GOOD game? :D
    No! You can't say that without touching wood! Agh, it's freaking jinxed for sure now!

LOL
    Since ff9 and ffx were good games ffx-2 could have been a minor bump and they'll fix it with ffvii-2

Actually i saw ffxi in the shop toay an i wondering if its any good? But the monthly subscription i think really turns alot of people off :mad:

LOL
    Since ff9 and ffx were good games ffx-2 could have been a minor bump and they'll fix it with ffvii-2

Actually i saw ffxi in the shop toay an i wondering if its any good? But the monthly subscription i think really turns alot of people off :mad:

ah now id be calling x-2 more than a "minor bump" to be fair

isnt xi purely online? correct me if im wrong but thats what i heard and a monthly subscription can f€ck off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

No no no no no no no. FFVII does not need nor want a sequel.
    I'd much prefer a graphical remake, with voiceovers, and possibly music rearrangements. Oh,and a load of new side-quests.

FFVII is absolutly perfect storywise. It'll take something very special to match it.

• Advertisement

Tellox wrote:
    No no no no no no no. FFVII does not need nor want a sequel.
    I'd much prefer a graphical remake, with voiceovers, and possibly music rearrangements. Oh,and a load of new side-quests.

FFVII is absolutly perfect storywise. It'll take something very special to match it.

you're right, like i said before a graphical remake would be great but the original is perfect as far as the story is concerned, maybe a few tweaks here and there,

regardless of whether we think it deserves a sequel or not theres going to be one whether we like it or whether we dont, it will be interesting to see it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My take on the ending would mean a sequel with anyone other than RedXIII would be impossible. :( They should have left me with the make up your own mind ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I dont think a graphical remake is a god idea becaus I personally think the graphical style of 7 is the best in an rpg ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Tellox wrote:

Yeah, I'd love a FFVII with improved graphics, extras that didn't mess about with the story, and music rearrangements...though not changing the music! FFVII has the best music in any computer game in my opinion. If they made a FFVII with orchestral versions similar to the One Winged Angel Reunion version, I'd buy it for that alone.

But voiceovers?! I'd hate that! I have ideas of what each character sounds like in my head, I'd be pissed if they went and gave everybody American accents. Ugh...

But yeah, perfect story. No matter how Advent Children, Before Crisis or Dirge of Cerberus turn out, it won't effect how great FFVII is.

I hope the campness from FFX-2 doesn't filter through to the FFVII sequel and it doesn't become gayer than going for a bit of DDR down at Dr. Quirkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I hope the campness from FFX-2 doesn't filter through to the FFVII sequel and it doesn't become gayer than going for a bit of DDR down at Dr. Quirkies.

Ya christ that would be terrible Barrett would be replaced with a 5 foot girl with relationship problems or something :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

it looks like they are using an updated version of the devil may cry 3 engine, but that would ruin final fantasy for me. the 2 genre's should be kept well apart, but its quoted as being an action/rpg so you never know...ff7 could be spared a butchering

it looks like they are using an updated version of the devil may cry 3 engine

Never played DMC
    Whats it like?

Never played DMC
    Whats it like?

its a action game where you run around and hack puppets/giant birds with a large sword and various guns, at least thats what the first one was like and you solve a few ''puzzles'' on the way, its actually allright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

yeh, the first wasnt a bad game, quite good actually but the second was abysmal. and by the way when u say 'updated' i mean its not going to be all shoot shoot shoot, rpg will play a role too, with different armour, clawed gloves, guns etc... i cant wait

• Advertisement

but its quoted as being an action/rpg so you never know...ff7 could be spared a butchering

More than likely all that means is you can level up your weapond after killing so many enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

FFXI is ok, not v. good to be honest, it stays true to the roots of Final fantasy BUT , compared to other MMORPGs it's nothing special. I got the american version last year, didn't play it much. Maybe if the europeans are playing it now I will reinstall.

Just to clarify something, FF VII VIII IX and X were all made before Squaresoft became Square Enix, these terrible spin offs only started to happen after they joined up.

Advertisement