Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 4 screens

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭[Preacher]

...Q3 was changed into RTCW and MOH and Q4 will provide entertaining shooty stuff even if it is crap.

Alice and Call of Duty are even better examples.

ID are gods of the FPS. Thats not going to change, have a little faith people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

iD were gods of the FPS, they're not ahead of the pack anymore - the mixed reactions to Doom3 are testament to this. Besides which there's one glaring thing missing from that premise....iD themselves. Raven are developing Quake4 and have been since it's inception. They're a good team in their own right but being the resource hog that the D3 engine is I don't see it working well as an online shooter anytime soon, unless they expect everyone to majorly tone down the eye candy anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

QUESTION??? is ID software I and the a D like a photo id or ID like the id in hid...?...I think its the photo ID pronunciation...
    idddd

any pre production vid from doom3 had carmack et al refering to themselves as "id".

and why the **** are people thinking q4 is an iD game? its just raven using the d3 engine...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Maximilian wrote:
    Oh come on!!! Amiga - it sounds like a brand of toddler's biscuits for heaven's sake!

Amiga is spanish for girlfriend. And that firey latin spirit is also coursing through the veins of every Amiga man and woman out there. So be careful Maximilian, we wouldn't want your access to Games accidentally turned off, would we? ;)

Well I loved all the Quakes in different ways. I loved the SP bits of Q1 and Q2 although when I started playing online Q2 was just released so that was the first one I played against remote humans. I much preferred the speed of Q3.

I like that somebody else is doing Quake 4. Good as Doom 3 is, id are now engine developers primarily and Raven have a good record for making good fps's so I'm looking forward to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

I wasnt 100% about COD being the Q3 engine.

COD is the best example i can see of the Q3 engines anyway.

To be honest there are so many FPS games coming out that Q4 is either going to miss out on the FPS hype with HL2 and D3 or it will get a niche market who have finished all those.

Either Way it will look pretty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement