Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Week Beer's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

stonehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

so basically beer or cheap cider is the way to go lol no alcopops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

meh most of the girl's i know still drink alco pop's in the pav

are they expensive tho? as bad as clubs?

• Advertisement

afaik your typical pub prices although myself. i have never bought anything but bavaria, you learn to love it. also if u got to centra on o'connell br, they some times have great deals on vodka ( i got 2 shoulders for 20 last year) then u can juts buy coke or whatever in the pav and get majorly locked. . .

good point yeah. ive seen cheap bacardi breezers in that centra b4 too, cos we used to down them b4 goin 2 a club, or unsuccessfully try to sneak them in. bad idea.

yeh, that can be a very bad idea, almost as bad as trying to take drinks(or glasses) out!!

never done that, not a smoker so never have to take drinks out. but have nearly been thrown out of coyote for bringing in drink, lol ah well.

Heh, I've gotten into Coyote's before with 5 cans in a bag. Go into one of those cubby places, get a glass of water (or something else if you're not cheap like me), off into the toilet with your pint (ignore strange stares), come out with a yellow liquid looking glass (its bavaria, ignore stranger stares), and sit back down.

Ah yes, bavaria in coyote's.

• Advertisement

lol i can see why ppl might stare. ive been stopped bringing my drink into the toilets b4 tho! it was totally innocent and all, i didnt want to leave it outside, and it was to much to down in one go. apparently i couldve been "putting substances into it". WHY? why would i do that to my own drink? do i look like a druggie!?

...eh are we supposed to answer that? If so, eh yes?

no, no answers required lol. still bitter over that.. how come guys are let away with stuff like that no problem but as soon as a girl tries (innocently! no ulterior motives here people) shes automatically an addict of some sort

the bouncers in there are tossers anyway, theyd chuck u out at the drop of a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

ah lotsa people still drink other stuff(well girls) so ye'll be grand
    yep im a girl and can vouch for that ;) though i have to say i totally started off with bacardi in the pav, but my male friends converted me to the delightful world of bavaria...thought it was disgusting at first but you grow to love it, and hey its cheaper so you get to drink even more :D

how come guys are let away with stuff like that no problem but as soon as a girl tries (innocently! no ulterior motives here people) shes automatically an addict of some sort
    god i know its really annoying isnt it?! and of course they 'search' you for hidden drinks when clearly that is not the reason ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

I'm going to be in the Hamilton end 100% of the time so I guess he means you

Doing TP last year I spent about 30% of my time in the hamilton, 30% of my time in the arts block, 30% in the physics building, and maybe 10% of my time in the museum building. But I did choose the lectures I went to at my discretion.

Just letting you know.. you travel around the campus quite a bit. They probably change the locations of the lectures a bit tho each year.

One thing I can never adjust to tho... is when I get the bus in in the morning.. and I arrive at the front game at like 9pm.. thinking great im on time.. I always neglect the 10 minutes it takes for you to walk to the other side of the campus. But anyway.

tell me about it canvas, lol yeah right "searching" me.. any excuse! good to have a female perspective on the pav thing, thanks :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

sounds a good enough reason to me.......

could someone stickie this?

lol ha ha Smith. you would say that being a guy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Did your name just change from RuggerChick to just Chick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Yeah and how'd you do it so quick and easy? I don't see a post in the help forum...

Yeah precarious I did, i wanted to just be chick at the start but i assumed itd be gone!
    ApeX- i couldnt find anything in FAQ or my profile, so i emailed admin asked nicely and some guy did it for me :D

Chick wrote:
    lol ha ha Smith. you would say that being a guy! :D

arent you syill looking for a guy for your deb's? ;):)

arent you syill looking for a guy for your deb's? ;):)

I don't think your mot'd be to pleased..

we have since broke up, i'm taking a mate to my deb's. known here since i was about 5 year's old

yeah smith, still looking!! hopefully ill find someone...? whens urs on smith, or were u the guy who said hed be comming in to reg in his tux, bcos debs was nite b4? sorry i cant remember who it was crappy memory i know!

yeah smith, still looking!! hopefully ill find someone...?
    im sure you will! dont go asking any random guy though..a friend of mine did that for our debs and he turned out to be a right a**hole...she still had a good night though dont get me wrong but anyway just a friendly warning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

The only option is to bring a cardboard cutout of this guy
    jhegarty1.jpg

You just love him precarious don't you! :D
    Anyone know what he's a (pretty highly regarded) prof of?

• Advertisement

Chick wrote:
    yeah smith, still looking!! hopefully ill find someone...?
    Yeah I agree with canvas on this one.. Best to bring a friend or someone you work with or at least get along with.

Advertisement