Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Week Beer's

Options
  • 15-09-2004 12:40am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭

yes you heard it here first!

Trinity boards members are invited to a mini beers, on monday the 4th of october.

1pm the pav.....

bring money!

we will be auctioning off crash_000 for one lucky lady (or man)to be a slave for a day.....*

Joe

*please note, this might not be true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Dest

rar, beer=good, do i win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

oh cool, a slave** for the day!;)
    i think ive to be in d'olier st at 2pm tho, or maybe its 3pm, i not sure but if i can make it id love to come!:)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

dont worry, i'm sure we'll bethere for a good while!

ok cool! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Tell me again why where meeting in the Pav. Also one in the day. You realise the PAV will only be just opening up at 12. Abite early for us non alcoholics. Anyways, I'll probably be floating around before that neil. You might see Del at the gamers counter before moi.

id better get to like bavaria, i was just thinking about that. i had it last weekend for the 1st time and OH MY GOD its vile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

id better get my garda age id card thing I can't believe I left it so late

Yes it is. You know just because everyone else drinks cans outside the Pav doesn't mean you have to. TBH I don't know how much time you'll be spending on campus.

oh i hav my national age card. yeh dunno if ill actually be in trinity much. be in d'olier st a lot and in hospital too.

or were u talking to precarious?

• Advertisement

I'm going to be in the Hamilton end 100% of the time so I guess he means you

Yourself. Doyles will probably be your local pub, much better then the Pav. Lovely pints.

doyles? oh ok:) ty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

tis, much better, well good for a proper 'on da lash' nite :)
    tho bit of a hike for us lot in the ham.......

SkyLynx wrote:
    tis, much better, well good for a proper 'on da lash' nite :)
    tho bit of a hike for us lot in the ham.......

Mahaffery's on pearse street, gingerman, or kennedy's on the cornor of lincon place. Any of the above are where you can usually find moi. Thought I stoped going to kennedy's after threating the kick the ****e out of a bar man... who also happened to be my physics lab partner and a right asshole. Told a demonstrator he was going to slap him after labs, really pissed me off when stuck up little rich kids think they can abuse staff. anyway thats a rant for another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Boston wrote:
    Tell me again why where meeting in the Pav. Also one in the day. You realise the PAV will only be just opening up at 12. Abite early for us non alcoholics. Anyways, I'll probably be floating around before that neil. You might see Del at the gamers counter before moi.

Maybe 1pm on a monday is a bit early. Would it be better to do it in the evening or late afternoon?

Well lets put it this way, go for afew pints around four maybe when things are starting to shut up show. have afew drinks, then head back over to the main square for the night time entertainment. Its what I'll be doing weather the time is 1pm or not.

meh 1pm is probally best imo, might be early but will be most ammount of u freshers about then.

And nice work boston ;)

ill be around anyway! what kinda night time entertainment is on boston? is that all the juggling and hypnosis stuff ive heard about?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Well im sure we'd all be willing to stick around for a while. Around four could be good. As Boston said we could go to the night entertainment after. What does everyone think?

Anyway time to go watch some football! 8 matches on sky. I love sky.

• Advertisement

I think the night time entertainment will be in Boston's bedroom
    emot-quagmire4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Ugh... no time no time.. So much study to do!!!
    Boston wrote:
    Doyles will probably be your local pub, much better then the Pav. Lovely pints.

Aye it is a quality pub. But come on, what student can afford to drink in a pub like that on their own money?? I certainly cant bar 1 or 2. The pav is a reallly nice pub too but it has the added bonus of CANS! I dinna see your problem with cans man, they're just pure quality... A bavaria, it's my regular drink now..
    You know they're gonna start serving it on tap around the country soon. It's cos of a dispute with diageo. Publicans are blaming them for the price hike they put on beer (and they make ALL the beers) as they say it's destroying their business.. Whereas good ol' bav on tap is only gonna be 3 euro a pint!

ill be around anyway! what kinda night time entertainment is on boston? is that all the juggling and hypnosis stuff ive heard about?

They're on in the evening. If I can remember correctly its usually 6-7:30, bands are 8-10 and clubs are on after that..

hrmm will u pay that 50c extra to have it from da tap? its going to be mank either way.......

SkyLynx wrote:
    hrmm will u pay that 50c extra to have it from da tap? its going to be mank either way.......

Well not in the pav obviously, but in other pubs erm let me think... YAH! ;)

Whether it's mank is a matter of opinion in fairness. I think bud and carlsberg are rank, I won't drink them. Don't mind heineken or miller, love guinness but prefer beamish, like smithwicks, love tuborg, bavaria and any beer from belgium..

god ive never really drank pints before, how am i gonna survive lol... i wont be able to afford much else i dont think!

do u love it or have u just put so much away you've gotten that used to it, thats what i'd say is my opinion on it.....Twas utter rank when i started first year...no problems putting away a good ole 6pack now tho ;)

ah lotsa people still drink other stuff(well girls) so ye'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Compared to Budweiser and all that American watered down rubbish, Bavaria is a champ. I'd put it on the same level as Heineken. Although Carlsberg and loads of eastern european beers that I can't pronounce or spell are the way to go when you've a few bob in your pocket.

John2 wrote:
    loads of eastern european beers that I can't pronounce or spell are the way to go when you've a few bob in your pocket.

Aw stop... They're frickin things of beauty!
    When I was in Poland last year they had 3 categories of beer. Mild, normal and strong... Just to give you an idea i'll tell ya the mild beer was 5%! It was all locally brewed and was gorgeous... It cost about 50c for a pint-bottle. 2euro later and with four 9% lagers and I was tuh-wisted..

Sky bavaria an acquired taste I'll admit.. But I actually do love it now. It's like with coffee, the first time I tasted that I thought it was pure fowl. But now I love the stuff.. the smell, the taste, the thick bitter-sweet liqued sliding down my throat... erm.. AHEM. I'm just going to go to the bathroom for a minute..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Poland, ah, the wonderland for beer. There was one beer, began with Z that I can't track down anywhere, even Polish people can't help me (believe me, I've asked!), I miss it terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

dont forget about that cheap cider muck as well, cant remember what its called but i know loads of girls that drink that, its bout the same price as bav. also doyles on a friday night is unbeatable, a bit of an odd crowd sometimes but the music is fantastic!!

Advertisement